In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: The Suggestion Box  (Read 42063 times)

Offline ViolateMeBaby

• Rep: 20
  • Take me, Train me, Own me
    • Diary Of A Sexless Kinkstress
Re: The Suggestion Box
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2014, 02:13:23 PM »
I was just wondering if there's an option we can receive emails whenever someone adds us, posts a comment on our profiles, or PMs us because I went under notifications n stuff and there doesn't seem to be. Am I overlooking something? If there isn't an option for that, can there be one? Sometimes I'm MIA and would like to know if someone is trying to reach me on here or whatever. 

-Ariel
R.I.P Aphrodite's Left Tit

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 821
    • RapeCage
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2014, 02:32:45 PM »
@Ijad: ha! I don't think I'm going to try that quite yet. ;)

@ViolateMeBaby: You'll find the email options under your profile.
Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging > Select "Always" on the option reading "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message" and whatever other options are there.

Offline ViolateMeBaby

• Rep: 20
  • Take me, Train me, Own me
    • Diary Of A Sexless Kinkstress
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2014, 02:33:51 PM »
thanks addie!!

-Ariel
R.I.P Aphrodite's Left Tit

Offline Ingenue

• Pupstart
  • Rep: 1246
  • Not seeking new RPs just now.
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2014, 06:01:56 PM »
Could we get a name change on... sub boards called "Child boards"?

Not that there's anything wrong with it necessarily, I just don't want people to have the wrong idea which it can kind of imply.

The term is built into the program all over the place. I don't think it will be easy to change. :/

Can you maybe clone the English user-interface translation file, if such there be, and just change a couple terms in it and then switch to using that?
she thought really hard about biting them so hard they would almost feel it, and they ran away because scawypet is scawy. ~kittyumbrass
You savage ~the savage
When Ingy stares at me with large moist eyes I just raep her. ~RayPistonprowl
I just squeed so hard I farted ~RayPistonprowl

Likes and limits on my profile!

Offline caughtbymoonlight

• Wordslut of wordsluts.
  • Rep: 239
  • "It was supposed to go KABOOM!"-Marvin the Martian
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »
Because I am a very strange writer, I was wondering if we could add some other categories? Besides rape and BDSM, perhaps we could add "poetry" and/or "miscellaneous ramblings"?

"Whisperings From..." is difficult to categorize, I know, so I put in BDSM. Not the best fit.

No rush; just wondering.

Thanks!
"When life sucks, point it at the dick of someone you hate." - unknown

Offline Surrender2U

• Rep: 738
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
2 things...

First thing is, I hate the way reputation is done. I think the negative side should be removed. I noticed a few members with negative scores and I think that is bad, they might take offense and/or never post again. And quite honestly, mine has gone down and I'm a little po'd about it.

Second - I think the child board in the picture area is probably a bad idea since it's very hidden. Can you make a whole separate section for member boards, just like 64? That was sorta what I was going for. If it can't be done, I'll just make a thread under pictures.  Not a problem at all. :)

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2014, 01:39:10 PM »
2 things...

First thing is, I hate the way reputation is done. I think the negative side should be removed. I noticed a few members with negative scores and I think that is bad, they might take offense and/or never post again. And quite honestly, mine has gone down and I'm a little po'd about it.

Second - I think the child board in the picture area is probably a bad idea since it's very hidden. Can you make a whole separate section for member boards, just like 64? That was sorta what I was going for. If it can't be done, I'll just make a thread under pictures.  Not a problem at all. :)

Hi Surrender,

I've turned off Karma (the +/- thing). I don't yet know how to make it work so that you can add but not subtract. Right now my test version of the site is having trouble so I don't want to tweak anything and upload it to find that it broke the live site! :uhoh:

I've made a separate section called Member Boards now, and moved your thread into it. Let me know if there's anything special you want there. For instance, do you want members to have a minimum post count, say 25, in order to view your forum as we do with the Inner Wanktum?

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »
Can you maybe clone the English user-interface translation file, if such there be, and just change a couple terms in it and then switch to using that?

Thanks for the idea, Ingenue. When my local copy of the site is working properly again I may try a few tweaks.

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
Because I am a very strange writer, I was wondering if we could add some other categories? Besides rape and BDSM, perhaps we could add "poetry" and/or "miscellaneous ramblings"?

"Whisperings From..." is difficult to categorize, I know, so I put in BDSM. Not the best fit.

No rush; just wondering.

Thanks!

I've created an "Our Creative Sides" Category with "Poetry" and "Miscellaneous Ramblings" for starters. Let me know which stories you want moved. I'm also going to begin assigning moderators soon so you can moderate your own forum.

Offline caughtbymoonlight

• Wordslut of wordsluts.
  • Rep: 239
  • "It was supposed to go KABOOM!"-Marvin the Martian
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »
Fabulous ideas!

I think "Whisperings From..." and "Eaten" could go into Poetry, even if Whisperings does not follow traditional poetic form.

Sign me up to moderate something or other. Where ever you need a little hand. :D

Thank you a bazillion for this. :D
"When life sucks, point it at the dick of someone you hate." - unknown

Offline Itsjustadream

• Rep: 30
  • Bastard
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
Hi buddy! We need to be able to use the same emotes in the chatroom that we can use on the board and/or shoutbox, cheers!
I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
Hi buddy! We need to be able to use the same emotes in the chatroom that we can use on the board and/or shoutbox, cheers!

Dude. I don't know how to program a popup like the chat box has yet. The chat loads every damned emote every time it's refreshed as it is (CTRL+F5 if you want to see) so it would take forever to load if I copied all the emotes into there. Phpfreechat does not make this easy! :( If there are particular ones you can't live without, let me know and I'll try to put them in there.

Offline Ingenue

• Pupstart
  • Rep: 1246
  • Not seeking new RPs just now.
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »
I don't think this has happened yet, I may be wrong, but I wanted to get my policy request in...

When the OP of a thread (person who started a thread) later requests the thread to be deleted, but other people have already replied to the thread and meaningful conversation has been had, I would like to ask that the policy be not to delete the thread. The OP is capable of retroactively blanking their posts but has no right to remove other people's posts except by politely asking them. (It's different if the posts are infringing but in that case they'd be already covered by other rules.)

Yes, of course I am talking about a particular case here but I didn't link to it because I do not want this to turn into a discussion of the member in question.

Also I'd like to register my approval of how the board currently works with regard to deleting posts, which is that you can edit but not delete. This is important in case a member deletes their posts and makes another member's replies look out of context, potentially causing serious trouble.
she thought really hard about biting them so hard they would almost feel it, and they ran away because scawypet is scawy. ~kittyumbrass
You savage ~the savage
When Ingy stares at me with large moist eyes I just raep her. ~RayPistonprowl
I just squeed so hard I farted ~RayPistonprowl

Likes and limits on my profile!

Offline steg

• Tears or Blood. You pick the lube
  • Rep: 49
  • One Man Bukkake Gang
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »
I suggest we all take a moment out and genuinely thank Addie (and Ray) for all the hard work, as well as being so open and willing to listen to suggestions from members. Well done guys, and I'm glad this place has sprung up.

carlos

steg

I can neither confirm nor deny this is a shameless attempt at gaining faps

Also, bring back negative rep!!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:03:53 PM by steg »

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »
Steg, I fapped, but I did it INVISIBLY. :uhoh:

Also that's a negatory on bringing back the negative rep.  :smh: Too many people complained. Sorry!

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl