In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: PM Labels/Rules  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Alexander

• Thorough Gentleman
  • Rep: 58
  • Tit Bishop
PM Labels/Rules
« on: January 29, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »
I'm having trouble setting up labels for my PMs....maybe Im doing something wrong so I figured Id ask. Yeah I know...so not masculine!  :))

I figured I'd try to sort my mail by sender so created a label using the person's name. That shows up fine now in my sidebar under "Lables"

Next I tried to set up a rule and that's when I came unstuck. Opens the "add rule" tool and followed each of the questions, completing each (I sure I did it OK but...)

Tried to save - error - "A rule must have at least one criteria and one action set"

Im pretty sure I did that. Ive tried three times now just to make sure.

Am I doing it right? Or is there a bug?

Thanks guys

[member=1]Addie[/member] [member=5]RayPistonprowl[/member]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:51:45 PM by Alexander »
"A cock is potentially an offensive weapon. If used correctly."
Anonymouse

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 1004
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
Re: PM Labels/Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:48:49 AM »
From what I can work out, you must make the Label first, then you make the Rule. This is useful if, for instance, you want all Personal Messages from a particular person to go to a specific "mailbox" (Label).

First make the Label, naming it after the person you want to filter messages from. This will be the "inbox" that mail from a certain person is from. In this example, you can name it "Ray".

To make a Rule to filter all email from RayPistonprowl into its own "mailbox" (Label):
1) NAME the rule, say, Ray
2) Under "Add Criteria", select "Sender Name" and to right of that fill in "RayPistonprowl" in the box. Be certain you are adding the person's name correctly, since this feature doesn't autofill that in!
3) Under "When Checking Criteria" select "All criteria must be met" so it will only filter messages from exactly "RayPistonprowl"
4) Under "Actions" select "Label Message With" and select your "Ray" label.

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again. -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Offline Alexander

• Thorough Gentleman
  • Rep: 58
  • Tit Bishop
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 05:00:14 AM »
[member=5]RayPistonprowl[/member]

Yeah, well it woulda helped if I spelled the label name correctly, I guess..

And it only applies to my inbox, right? I can't use the rule to label my sent messages?

Sorry to waste your time...

:facepalm2: :facepalm2:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:10:54 AM by Alexander »
"A cock is potentially an offensive weapon. If used correctly."
Anonymouse

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 823
    • RapeCage
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:36:11 PM »
And it only applies to my inbox, right? I can't use the rule to label my sent messages?

Labels work like folders. You can set a rule so that everything from "Addie" goes into the "Addie" label/folder. You can also go back through your messages and check a bunch of messages from one person and assign them a label (see the "Label Selected" dropdown in your Messages), which will in effect move them into that folder.

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl