In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
  • What's cooking? 5 3
Currently:  

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: What's cooking?  (Read 28430 times)

Offline lysyn

• Queen Awesomesauce of Fucklandia
  • Rep: 896
Re: What's cooking?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »
I want to eat at REDACTED's. Not in a naughty way. Well, maybe. But not really. But maybe. :naughty:
So far I can't remember ever being wrong in a judgement of character of someone. Then again I tend to hold onto it until I get to know them a bit. Sometimes intuitively I know someone's a retard though.
~Someone with a bright future and great hair.

Offline Punpun

• Rep: 138
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »

red beets, blood oranges, walnuts, feta cheese with a very light Dijon vinaigrette

sorry for bad phone quality pictures. at least now you can see how it distorts pictures of me based on how distorted this looks :v

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: Madam Jiggler
  • Rep: 717
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
I'm not a great cook. My mother and grandmother were, but never me. Whenever I try to create my own dish, it's usually a disaster... sometimes even following a recipe turns into a disaster, too. That is why for the last few months, my goal has been to try at least one new recipe that I find on Pinterest every week in hopes to get better at this whole "cooking thing".

This past week I tried two that ended up a success:

PF Chang's Copycat Lettuce Wraps, which I got about four dinners out of: http://www.the36thavenue.com/14144/

And

Mexican Quinoa in the crockpot. I divvied them up into containers for lunch, sprinkled a little cilantro and reduced fat shredded cheddar, and had it all week: http://www.foodfaithfitness.com/mexican-quinoa-in-the-crock-pot-gluten-free-vegetarian-super-simple/#_a5y_p=3481900

:D

The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 252
  • Cloaking Device Activated
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »
Swai fillets pan fried in butter with the holy trinity (paprika, garlic powder, onion powder)

Baked Russet potatos (got some big brutes in the oven right now) with sea salt, butter and sour cream for topping

Corn on the cob (same toppings as above)

Sunday Dinner.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline MamaMeadow

• Pain Slut
  • Rep: 874
  • Meaty Jiggle-Glorp
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 11:28:34 PM »
Leftovers tonight, but last night I made thick, juicy BLT cheddar cheeseburgers with skillet-fried diced potatoes. So soft they melted in your mouth. Seasoned with garlic powder, topped with melted cheese, sour cream & mild sauce from Taco Bell lol!
It was delicious!!!! My husband is still talking about the potatoes haha
YOUR GOD INSIDE ME
MAKES ME YOUR WHORE

I didn't even need to boak but after seeing what she was doing plus smelling me own jobby I promptly boaked in the sink as well.
-Ray

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »
I live in the land of casseroles and hotdishes, and had never before made the infamous tater tot hotdish.... until last night.

Below is the link to the recipe I tried. I used a 9oz bag of frozen peas instead of canned peas, shredded Monterey Jack instead of cheddar, and I didn't use the entire bag of tater tots. It was really good and easy to make! The hardest part was waiting the 50 minutes to bake.  :thumbs:

http://12tomatoes.com/2015/03/the-king-of-casseroles-tasty-cheesy-tater-casserole.html
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 794
    • RapeCage
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 05:54:36 PM »
I used to make that, @EssenceofRed . Except I left out the peas and used Cheez Whiz. It's sinful.  :thumbs:

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
Melted a stick of butter in the bottom of my stock pot.

Chunked up one pound of fake crab sticks and sautéed in the butter with minced garlic, diced green onion and saffron. Added one 15 oz can of sweet corn (drained) and one jar or roasted red bell pepper (drained - about 1&1/2 peppers) diced. Stirred over medium heat getting that buttery saffron goodness coating everything. Added one family size can condensed tomato soup (23.2 oz) and 1.5 cans 2% milk. Season with fresh ground Himalayan pink salt. Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 08:20:30 PM »
Cubanos

And some broccoli slaw with golden raisins and pecan chips in it.

http:  //mfi.re/watch/br8j5dbs5o5mg4j/Cubano.mp4 (eliminate the spaces - it won't allow just the file and the embed borks itself)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:36:08 PM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
I had a little party a couple nights ago and made an Asian themed menu of appetizers that were 1) really easy to make, and 2) loved by ALL. It was a (shockingly) successful evening.... mostly because I am one to botch a recipe in some way, shape or form the first time I try them and TWO of the three Asian appetizers I made were completely new that I got off of Pinterest.

*Note: When I say Asian appetizers, I should probably use quotations. It's a bit Americanized with stereotypical Asian flavor profiles found in any grocery store.

Hoisin Asian Meatballs:
http://damndelicious.net/2012/12/16/hoisin-asian-meatballs-sundaysupper/

*I made a second batch for a bunch of directors at an honor band rehearsal yesterday and they went over really well!!

Lettuce Chicken Wraps: http://www.the36thavenue.com/14144/

Sweet & Sour Chinese Dip: http://www.joyfulscribblings.com/2014/07/sweet-sour-chinese-dip/

And then I made my own wonton chips because I couldn't find any in the store...
Basically the recipe I used: http://mjskitchen.com/2012/02/potato-and-leek-soup/#wonton

I also had a veggie tray: carrots, tri-color sweet peppers, and sugar snap peas as an alternative dipping device.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:47:00 AM by EssenceofRed »

Offline Punpun

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 09:28:18 AM »
No shitty bento from Lawson? Not even one final crummy Tonkatsu or dodgy street Takoyaki? I'm ashamed of you.

Offline AdamWantsYou

• Arrrrr! > Geeeee!
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 10:17:06 AM »
^ Was the bento's name "Huey", by any chance? Were you on the "white telephone"?
We could throw shapes together / But it doesn't mean you're in my circle

Offline Punpun

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:53 AM »
a delicious looking tortellini in a jus de prolapse

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »
Julienned potatoes, sliced mushrooms and diced ham baked in a cheddar-parmesan sauce with smoked paprika notes and a panko top crust baked in the oven...
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline pinkwarkitten14

• cuddleslut supreme
  • Rep: 243
  • Sunshine Sparklecunt
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 03:22:55 PM »
Seasoned/rubbed pork shoulder in the slow cooker for pulled pork. Yummmm we'll be making sauteed kale for the top later (on probably ciabatta rolls or whatever was crusty that B could find...... and we're having it with french fries :)
The ebil kitteh formerly known as Sunshine Sparklecunt

Pinkie, I may not break you, but I'll have fun cracking you, and then filling in the cracks with my man spackle. :cum: 
~RayPistonprowl

My Bibliography

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin