In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

• What MOVIE did you see last? 5 1
Currently:  
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: What MOVIE did you see last?  (Read 70432 times)

Offline Mr Nice Guy

• Smiling predator
  • Rep: 170
  • Exploring
Re: What MOVIE did you see last?
« Reply #1290 on: May 15, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
I watched ‘Anon’ the other night. It’s just out in cinemas and also on Sky Cinema. Stars Clive Owen and Amanda Seyfried. It’s a thought provoking film about augmented reality and the surveillance society. So not exactly a bundle of chuckles, but worth a watch.

Offline mlpko

• Rep: 1
  • n00b
« Reply #1291 on: May 18, 2018, 03:25:55 AM »
oldboy... blew my mind

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 785
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #1292 on: May 18, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »
Last movie I saw in the theater was Black Panther. I thought it was pretty good but honestly, it wasn't some ground breaking deal like a lot of people like to say it was. I got some flack from family members and black friends who took issue with my opinions on it. It was a fun, superhero movie, nothing more, nothing less. I think as black people, we need to move past hyping up every decent black movie as some giant cultural statement. Just my opinion.

I have not seen Black Panther yet but would like to point to Blade being overlooked in a lot of statements about how groundbreaking Black Panther is. Blade was one of the very few comic/superhero movies I watched and liked as a teenager.

Part of it is probably more a generational issue and each set of 15-20 year olds thinking that "this was the first time in the history of ever that..." when anybody who is a teenytiny bit  :bateyes: older than that knows that it's really not.

I remember when Blade came out. Times were different. Hollyweird still didn't believe a black person could have the mass leading role appeal that would justify a wide release. Blade did well but not well enough, so I think they needed the right vehicle to break that mould (Will Smith later chipped away at that lots!). Black Panther was not only part of the wider Marvel universe so more people were inclined to see it, but it had a more popular and accessible story. I must say that the most thrilling bit of Black Panther for me was seeing the vision of Africa (and I have been there, to both the wealthy bits and the poorest bits still wracked by the vestiges of Apartheid) as a technologically advanced society full of people we could all admire and want to be. I walked out of the cinema wanting to visit Wakanda, to be Wakandan. This movie immersed you in a world I would want to live in, surrounded by people I wanted to be. (It helps that I've a massive crush on Lupita Nyong'o. Phwoaaarrrr.)
When I lose my rag I'll swear like a trooper and smack your dentures clean down your throat til you're chomping on your own shit. But I'll do it wearing a nice pretty dress and then bake some apple pie... -wetslut
Verily I Xeroxed Everyone's Nipples. -cosmicwitch
Give me that Infinity Gauntlet, I've some priests to fist. -me

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 785
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #1293 on: May 18, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
I'm a bit late on these but.....

Avengers Infinity War. Calling Captain Marvel!

and

Deadpool 2. Fucking loved it.

Don't take your younger children to either of them, obvs.
When I lose my rag I'll swear like a trooper and smack your dentures clean down your throat til you're chomping on your own shit. But I'll do it wearing a nice pretty dress and then bake some apple pie... -wetslut
Verily I Xeroxed Everyone's Nipples. -cosmicwitch
Give me that Infinity Gauntlet, I've some priests to fist. -me

Offline randomgirl

• Supergirl from Earth-24
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #1294 on: May 18, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »
I saw deadpool 2 today. Obviously didn't live up to the awesomeness that was first movie but still super funny. The references, callbacks and easter eggs are amazing :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline wrigglingbeauty

• Rep: 423
  • n00bsX2
« Reply #1295 on: May 22, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
Saw Tarzan on Netflix. You know when not even Alexander Skarsgards hawtness can help a movie there's a problem. It was bad. And Margot Robbie was both awful and wasted in it too! WTF movie!? It's like they had a base idea that seemed okay but then wrecked everything they tried to do. And the stupid CGI animals! All I wanted was a mostly naked Alexander Skarsgard as Tarzan for my naughty female mind and sure it was kinda there but even then it was ruined by this stupid movie. Big no vote on this one. And back to watching some True Blood for me.

Offline archon1980

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1296 on: May 23, 2018, 12:59:53 AM »
Deadpool was on  TV last night. 
Cheers!

Offline MamaMeadow

• Pain Slut
  • Rep: 985
  • Meaty Jiggle-Glorp
« Reply #1297 on: May 25, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »
Austin Powers Goldmember
Apollywollygies
SCRUTTOCKS!!!

- Words of Wisdom from Ray

Offline Shocker

• Rep: 61
  • hanging around
« Reply #1298 on: August 03, 2018, 10:35:50 PM »
I went to see Mission impossible fallout tonight at the movie theater. I think it didn’t live up to the hype, most of the plot was extremely predictable (never a good sign for a MI story); and the series started to take itself too serious again, it lacked the light hearted touch of the last two installments.
Henry Cavill was well cast for the role he played, and I think he would have made a much better Jack Reacher than Tom Cruise.

Offline bohica1925

• Rep: 1
  • n00b
« Reply #1299 on: August 04, 2018, 05:40:49 AM »

Saw this on Netflix last week.  The ending is kinda begging for more.  But the movie is alright.

Offline Willing Victim

• Rep: 28
  • n00b
« Reply #1300 on: August 04, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Nocturnal Animals

A very sexual thriller that is hard to understand so read up on it before you watch. Great cast and heavy sex done in good taste
Rapist Wanted; Be in front of my house at 1am. Bring friends

Offline pantherx

• Rep: 190
  • The quiet one
« Reply #1301 on: August 04, 2018, 02:07:36 PM »
An old Kung fu movie called Crippled Avengers.  Four guys that were intentionally maimed learn martial arts and kill the man that crippled them. 

Offline IndieGuy

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1302 on: August 05, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »
Watched X-Men: Apocalypse last night.  Actually liked it better than Days of Future Past.

As a sidenote, while watching it, I mentioned to my wife that I'd actually never picked up that Mystique is in love with Magneto until then and she looked at me like I was a moron.

Offline MamaMeadow

• Pain Slut
  • Rep: 985
  • Meaty Jiggle-Glorp
« Reply #1303 on: August 07, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »
I got a free VHS at the library, called Big and Hairy. It's utterly terrible yet hilarious. I can't stop laughing, it's so awful.

- kid named Picasso Dewlap sucks at basketball, is literally a child
- entire town hates him and delights in verbally abusing and insulting him over it
- one day a sasquatch randomly falls off his roof
- kid immediately becomes best friends with him, names him Ed Tibbets
- kid convinces coach to let Ed play
- the sasquatch becomes the best player on the team

@cosmicwitch PLEASE try and find this. I am laughing too hard. It's awful. I love it.
Apollywollygies
SCRUTTOCKS!!!

- Words of Wisdom from Ray

Offline cosmicwitch

• . . . . . Λ . . . . .
  • Rep: 667
  • Demons in the dark tear each other apart
« Reply #1304 on: August 07, 2018, 11:15:46 PM »
@MamaMeadow I'll see if I can stream it when I get time. Check out Cooties if you haven't already. I am so the, 'Oh look, carnage,' guy when I'm at work and the shoppers are near-rioting :laughgrin:

My July/August Contest Entry

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl