In Chat Now:
  • What MOVIE did you see last? 5 2
Currently:  

Author Topic: What MOVIE did you see last?  (Read 103188 times)

Offline cosmicwitch

• Non serviam
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 1157
  • Your pain, my thrill.
Re: What MOVIE did you see last?
« Reply #1755 on: December 09, 2021, 08:43:33 AM »
THE BAD BATCH. Not recently, but it was the last movie I watched.

Cannibalism, stockholm syndrome, Keanu Reeves with a harem of breeders, Jason Momoa's juicy titties, acid soaked neon desert raves, cameo by Jim Carrey... I was entertained and would watch again.

Offline acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 353
  • got rope
« Reply #1756 on: December 09, 2021, 04:30:08 PM »
"The Great Race" Blake Edwards' 1965 wacky slapstick Roadrunner-esque extravaganza that could only have beeen made in the sixties which decade specialized in these crazy epics. Stars Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood, Jack Lemmon (in a duel role), and Peter Falk, along with a big cast of character actors, stuntmen and extras. A crazy roundabout automobile race at the turn of the 20th Century from New York to Paris involves a huge barroom brawl and the biggest cream pie fight ever, lol.

Offline acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • got rope
« Reply #1757 on: December 10, 2021, 03:04:35 PM »
"It! The Terror From Beyond Space". The original 'stowaway alien on a space ship, killing off the crew one by one', movie. The women-doctors and -scientists on the ship have to prepare the meals and serve the male astronauts meals like waitresses while the men make crude remarks, lol. "Alien" was better in every way than this laughable but entertaining low-budget B-movie, no matter what John Carpenter says. Again, none of the story or science in the movie makes any sense, And the creature just looks ridiculous. One of the characters in the movie actually utters the line "What about Bob?" :P
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:30:07 AM by acidredux »

Offline pantherx

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 205
  • The quiet one
    • Drag Her Into Darkness- My Bdsmlr blog
« Reply #1758 on: December 13, 2021, 11:26:24 PM »
The original cut of Rocky IV.  My God, that is horrible.  One dimensional characters, almost no plot, weird editing choices like having three scenes in a row end in a freeze frame, totally selfish character choices (ie deciding to go to Russia to fight on Christmas Day for free without once discussing it with his wife and kids), and fight scenes that go beyond dramatic license to having nothing to do with boxing.  The realistic version of Rocky IV is Apollo and Rocky both lose in first round TKOs because they fail to defend themselves while Drago wails on them.

Offline acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • got rope
« Reply #1759 on: December 14, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »
Finally sat down to watch the cheezy 1982 Ray-Harryhausen-stop-motion-driven fantasy epic "The Clash of the Titans" (took me quite a few instalments on the PVR, lol). I had passed on it when it came out because of its outdated cheese factor, despite being a huge Jason and the Argonauts fan from when I was a little kid. A stellar cast including Laurence Olivier, Maggie Smith, Claire Bloom, and Burgess Meredith, among others, acquit themselves well, but the corniness factor is off the charts. Bubo the mechanical owl supposedly designed by Hephaestus, is a particular standout; but I guess if not for it, we would never have had R2D2. IMO, Harryhausen did a MUCH better job of the special effects for Jason and the Argonauts almost a decade previous to this film, but here the laughable effects are just too glaringly ridiculous. It is an entertaining spectacle nonetheless. I never realized that the clash of the titans occurs after one of them is already dead, lol. :P Guess I should watch the remake now... "Release the Kraken!"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 03:20:15 PM by acidredux »

Offline acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • got rope
« Reply #1760 on: December 14, 2021, 09:54:02 AM »
THE BAD BATCH. Not recently, but it was the last movie I watched.

Cannibalism, stockholm syndrome, Keanu Reeves with a harem of breeders, Jason Momoa's juicy titties, acid soaked neon desert raves, cameo by Jim Carrey... I was entertained and would watch again.

@cosmicwitch I tried to watch it, but, although I am a huge gory horror fan ("Haute Tension", "A l'interieur", "Martyrs", etc.) I guess I am still too much of a wimp. After that first violent dismemberment scene, I just got depressed and stopped watching... I may try to resume it later, but other things, like Netflix's unbelievably great animated series "Arcane" are more likely to get my viewing time. But "Arcane"'s got its own "Bubo" in the form of Doctor Heimerdinger (who is animated in a manner resembling a "funny animal" character, so out-of-line with the realistic seriousness of the rest of the fantasy-world show). 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:57:12 AM by acidredux »

Offline cosmicwitch

• Non serviam
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 1157
  • Your pain, my thrill.
« Reply #1761 on: December 15, 2021, 11:28:55 PM »
THE POWER OF THE DOG.

Visually stunning. Homoerotic as fuck, which I love. Compelling characters. Gorgeous cast...

Phil or any damned one of his dirty sexy cowhands can tie me up in rawhide ropes and have their wicked way with me any day  :drool:

Offline acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • got rope
« Reply #1762 on: December 17, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »
THE POWER OF THE DOG.

Visually stunning. Homoerotic as fuck, which I love. Compelling characters. Gorgeous cast...

Phil or any damned one of his dirty sexy cowhands can tie me up in rawhide ropes and have their wicked way with me any day  :drool:

@cosmicwitch Yeah, I watched that too.I found it interesting and compelling at times, and as you say, well-shot, and the acting is quite good, but it's a kind of non-eventful film. It's kind of more of character study than a real story. So do you have access to Netflix again?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 01:11:40 PM by acidredux »

Offline Trill

• Disney Princess
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1763 on: December 21, 2021, 05:43:38 AM »
The 1994 Street Fighter movie. So many people think it's hot garbage, but I liked it. Jean Claude Van Damme, Kylie Minogue, Raul Julia.
That's not quite the Roddenberry vision of the Federation, but I can live with it. - SoftGameHunter
I prefer the On 'Er System = we all get on 'er and have a ride! - Ray
honestly Trek is just so, so full of kinky, sleazy shit just barely under the PG surface - Conroy Johanns

Offline Alastor82

• Writer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 50
  • n00b
« Reply #1764 on: December 21, 2021, 06:10:33 PM »
I went to the theaters and saw Nightmare Alley. Love Willam Dafoe, love Bradley Cooper. And I loved this movie.
Awaken the beast within you.

Offline bjc1979

• Inner Wanktum-R
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 171
  • The relentless prince of pain
« Reply #1765 on: December 23, 2021, 02:13:57 PM »
The 1994 Street Fighter movie. So many people think it's hot garbage, but I liked it. Jean Claude Van Damme, Kylie Minogue, Raul Julia.

It's kind of a shitty movie but Raul Julia was awesome in it.

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
"Now a question of etiquette. As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch."--Tyler Durden

Offline acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • got rope
« Reply #1766 on: December 28, 2021, 06:08:16 PM »
"Where Eagles Dare" (1969), with screenplay by Alistair MacLean, based on his bestselling novel. I had seen it on TV as a kid, but I didn't remember much of the plot; only that it was one of the better of those WWII mission/caper films involving a ragtag special team of operatives, and that it had that striking snare-drum-dominated opening theme over the opening credits and the breathtaking landscape vista of a war plane flying over the snowy mountains of WWII Germany, and that the action took place in a castle-like fortress on a snowy mountain in Germany. It's an entertaining war movie involving a crazy, convoluted plot with double- and triple-agents infiltrating the fortress where an important British captive is being held. Stars Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood are both appropriately action-hero-like.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 10:19:45 AM by acidredux »

Offline Shocker

• Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 213
  • hanging around
« Reply #1767 on: December 28, 2021, 06:49:13 PM »
"Where Eagles Dare" (1969), with screenplay be Alistair MacLean, based on his bestselling novel. I had seen it on TV as a kid, but I didn't remember much of the plot; only that it was one of the better of those WWII mission/caper films involving a ragtag special team of operatives, and that it had that striking snare-drum-dominated opening theme over the credits and the breathtaking landscape vista of a war plane flying over the snowy mountains of WWII Germany, and that the action took place in a castle-like fortress on a snowy mountain in Germany. It's an entertaining war movie involving a crazy, convoluted plot with double- and triple-agents infiltrating the fortress where an important British captive is being held. Stars Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood are both appropriately action-hero-like.
One of my favorIte movies, after one of my favorite novels.

Offline bjc1979

• Inner Wanktum-R
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 171
  • The relentless prince of pain
« Reply #1768 on: December 29, 2021, 04:19:38 PM »
Rewatched Reservoir Dogs with a buddy of mine yesterday. Still holds up but you can definitely pick apart some plot holes. Spoilers below so read on at your own peril. Can't figure out the spoiler tag:

For instance, why in the fuck does Mr. White (Larry aka Harvey Keitel) defend Mr. Orange (Freddy aka Tim Roth) so vehemently after Joe confirms that Orange is the rat? I know his whole thing is that Orange got shot during the robbery but he (Orange) got shot by a woman they were carjacking in the getaway, not by the cops. If he got shot by the cops, then you could dq him from being the rat but he got shot by a random civilian. Plus, White has known Joe for umpteen years and done a bunch of jobs for him. Why would he not take what Joe was saying at face value when Joe says he has sources who told him Orange was the rat? Just doesn't add up but I guess you can overlook it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 04:22:40 PM by bjc1979 »
"Now a question of etiquette. As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch."--Tyler Durden

Offline acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • got rope
« Reply #1769 on: December 29, 2021, 06:14:12 PM »
Rewatched Reservoir Dogs with a buddy of mine yesterday. Still holds up...

@bjc1979 I think Tarantino revolutionized film-making with this film. Did you know that it was at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) that he first met Robert Rodriguez? Tarantino was there with "...Dogs" and Rodriguez was there with "El Mariachi", another great film filmed in Mexico in Spanish (which Rodriguez later remade as "Desperado" in which Tarantino memorably appeared).

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl archon1980