In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: January/February 2017 Story Contest Entries  (Read 410 times)

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 249
  • Cloaking Device Activated
January/February 2017 Story Contest Entries
« on: January 03, 2017, 10:38:22 PM »
This contest is open to submissions from all members of RapeCage. If you are not currently a member, but wish to enter the contest: simply join the site, post your story in the appropriate forum and declare your entry by posting in this thread.

If you haven’t yet, please read the Story Contest: Rules thread.

Each contest cycle consists of two, one month long parts. Part one is given to story submissions by members. Part two consists of members and guests voting in a special poll to determine which story best thrills and matches the theme of the contest.

• Story submissions must be posted and announced by the following deadline; November 30th, 2016*
  • Story submissions should be posted to the most appropriate Story Forum based on content. Please post your entry to either Rape Fantasy Stories, BDSM Stories, Extreme Stories or Fan-Fic.
  • Post your intention to enter the contest as a reply in this thread and include the title of the story as well as a hyperlink to the story where it appears on RapeCage.
  • Entries will be reviewed as quickly as possible to ensure they meet the criteria and will then be certified as entered or disqualified until corrected. A follow up post as to status will appear in this thread.

Rules Addendum: Edits
  • Edits are allowed for already submitted stories up until the end of the submission deadline. Please advise in the current submissions thread that you have edited your story so it can remain certified - or advice can be given that corrections are required.
  • In the case of last minute entry before the deadline, any submission needing edit to meet the criteria (word count or theme element inclusion) will be granted a suitable time extension for editing to conform to criteria. 48 hours from time of failed certification is the recommended additional allotment.
  • NO Editing is allowed during the voting phase of the contest. Any story found to have been edited during this time will be disqualified without appeal. Note that due to the nature of the poll, no member who votes for a subsequently disqualified entry will be allowed their vote back. Blame the author, not the system in such a case.
  • After the end of the voting phase, authors may edit their work whenever and however they see fit.
  • Should a work require editing the fact will be posted in the submission thread for that period and also a PM will be sent to the author informing him/her of the changes needed to gain certification.

Rules Addendum: Mentions and Member Names
  • Use of the board's Mention System is prohibited. This is a Bulletin Board Code embed using the @MemberName function which creates a hyperlink to the member profile in the post and sends that member a notification of their inclusion. Any entry containing Mentions will not be certified until the Mentions are edited out.
  • In the case of last minute entry before the deadline, any submission needing edit to remove Mentions will be granted a suitable time extension for editing to conform to criteria. 48 hours from time of failed certification is the recommended additional allotment.
  • Member screen names may be included as many times as an author sees fit without penalty.
  • Should a work require editing the fact will be posted in the submission thread for that period and also a PM will be sent to the author informing him/her of the changes needed to gain certification.

For the January/February 2017 Story Contest cycle the criteria are:
     1)   A Word Count Limit of 8,500 words or less
     2)   A theme of Fear/Thriller/Vengeance - all 3 elements must be used

Regarding the criteria…

Word Count Limits are assigned at random from the latest list in the I Want To Pick The Theme! thread.

RC Member randomgirl graced us with the theme this round. Joining me in thanking her for this contribution to the cause.

As always, I used Random.org to generate the choices.

8,500 words is not a hard limit, but if you exceed it by more than 5% (rounded down) you’ll be asked to edit and resubmit. Keep an eye on your word count. For most authors it will equal between 18 and 23 pages of single spaced text in their word processing application.

We do have a general Story Contest discussion thread here: Story Contest: Announcements & General Discussion.

Please keep discussion in this thread related to the January/February 2017 contest cycle.

* January 31st is the target date to close submissions. Time constraints force me to apply a flexible deadline, but I will try to stick as close to month end as I can. Written warning of impending close will appear in this thread at an appropriate time of not less than 24 hours prior.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:39:54 PM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: Madam Jiggler
  • Rep: 683
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
Re: January/February 2017 Story Contest Entries
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:34:54 PM »
Oooooooo....  >:) This is already a topic that has caught my attention...
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline ShySweetie

• Rep: 18
  • Ray's Little Pwincess
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »
I thinks...I could give this a Twy...
"I'm not afraid of the dark; I'm afraid of what's in it"

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 396
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 05:42:51 PM »
I have a story idea, but not sure if I'll get it written by the deadline. 8.5k words is just too much to get done in that time (and my idea is thinking along those lines)

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 05:54:17 PM »
@kittyumbrass  If I understand correctly, you don't have to have 8,500 words. That is the amount of words you CAN'T go over. You could totally have a 1500 word story if you wanted because it doesn't go over 8500.

Is that right, @Red Right Hand or am I wrong?
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:10:01 PM »
Correct, 8,500 is the ceiling.

It sounded like kitty thought her idea would be larger in scope than the time allows.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »

It sounded like kitty thought her idea would be larger in scope than the time allows.

OOOoooooooohhhhhhh. Yep, you are probably right.

Offline kittyumbrass

• Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 06:12:47 PM »

Pretty much. The basic idea could be made shorter, but I like the scope offered by the larger word count; but unfortunately I don't think the time limit allows it so the story might not be done in time to enter.

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 06:36:27 PM »

Pretty much. The basic idea could be made shorter, but I like the scope offered by the larger word count; but unfortunately I don't think the time limit allows it so the story might not be done in time to enter.

Could you make it a multi chapter piece and just post the first part?

Offline kittyumbrass

• Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »

Could you make it a multi chapter piece and just post the first part?

I'm reluctant to enter something that feels unfinished, but we'll see how far I get and how good I feel about it. (FWIW I've been ploughing ahead the past couple of days, never know, I might finish on time after all!)

EDIT TO ADD: already up to 3,400 words or close to, so it looks like this is happening. I think I found a voice for my protagonist that I'm enjoying... only question is whether I fridge her girlfriend or stick to the original plan!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:57:50 PM by kittyumbrass »

Offline BiancaBlack

• Rep: 139
  • Guardian of the North. And of my vagina.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 10:02:30 PM »
Ooh perfect. I've been thinking for a while about a story that just happens to fit all the criteria. :)

Offline kittyumbrass

• Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 05:34:35 PM »
FLANKER: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2879.html - word count ~8,500. "Thriller" theme is present as style of writing/storyline (I hope).

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:46:05 PM »
Certified:

Flanker by @kittyumbrass  http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2879.0.html
Entered on time; 8400 Words; all 3 theme elements present
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
Took a day trip today, visiting my bestie. One and a half hours in the car one way, alone with my thoughts, and I spent the majority of the time brainstorming an idea. As long as I can find time to write, I'll definitely have an entry this round. Woot! :D

Offline BiancaBlack

• Rep: 139
  • Guardian of the North. And of my vagina.
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 10:55:01 PM »
As long as I can find time to write, I'll definitely have an entry this round. Woot! :D
Right?! How is a person supposed to carve out the time for this one?! I wanted to enter but this might be the first time I don't submit.

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin