In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: The Line Between "Rape Fantasy" and "Extreme" In Story Submissions  (Read 939 times)

Offline Eigniu

• Rep: 65
  • Céasadh
So, my stories tend to range on a spectrum from consensual BDSM, through a variety of shades/intensities of rape fantasy, up to what could probably be considered relatively extreme torture with relation to rape.

With that being said, where's the line when "rape fantasy" becomes "extreme" when it involves pain, because I think I will tend to drift back and forth over it. Currently (with only two "stories" submitted here, and a longer multi-part one in the works that will probably run this full range), I'm going with whether my story "feels" more like it's about the rape, or about the pain. But that feels really vague, and I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

I know the mods and admins here are pretty cool, and will just move my post if they think it fits better in a different area. But I'd like to have a better grasp on being able to put them in the correct place to begin with.

(On a partially related note, I also write about both male and female victims and perpetrators. There's not any subdivision by sexuality, aside from tags, is there?)

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 1010
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
Re: The Line Between "Rape Fantasy" and "Extreme" In Story Submissions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:01:58 PM »
Cheers [member=2895]Eigniu[/member] !

Think of 'extreme' content more in terms of how far from the mainstream it is. Generic rape fantasy usually includes some pain, but once you begin lopping off body parts then most of our audience would probably prefer you label your work 'extreme' so that they can avoid that! :kill:

Our other Admin [member=1]Addie[/member] wrote up this guide a while back - note the "Niche Fetishes" section that contains stuff that's generally considered outside the mainstream:
http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,383.0.html

If you have suggestions on how to improve that list, let us know, and thanks for contributing here!

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again. -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Offline Eigniu

• Céasadh
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »
Fair enough, thanks!

I guess my confusion came along the lines of "anything past enough to keep a victim compliant" for "Extreme Violence." I'm not going to be lopping any limbs off, but I wasn't sure if the "smacking around for the sake of it" would fall under that line.

Either way, I'll just keep using my judgement, and if I get it wrong, you all can feel free to mock me as you see fit.

Offline Corvid

• Rep: 62
  • A gentleman and a scholar
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »
[member=2895]Eigniu[/member] I asked a very similar question a while back and received some helpful responses from CarlosDevil and RedRightHand:

http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,3055.0.html

Offline Eigniu

• Céasadh
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 02:09:20 PM »
Thanks [member=2065]Corvid[/member], that's really helpful!

Offline Beater

• Rep: 32
  • n00b
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »
Would it be possible for mods to ask writers who've posted in the extreme if they would prefer their stories to be moved to a different section if they've read the story and think that it is suitable? I know that would be a huge pain in the neck for you to do but I've heard that less than a quarter of readers on forums like this will venture to extreme sections.

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 1010
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »
[member=1966]Beater[/member] If you see a story that you think might do better in a different section, just @mention a member of the mod team (we're all listed down bottom of every page) and perhaps we can get round to reading it and moving it if we agree. I don't think it's reasonable to message every extreme writer asking though.

And it's natural that extreme content will not have as wide a readership, because they usually deal in niche fetishes that are niche for a reason. But somebody needs to write that stuff, eh? There are certainly readers who enjoy that and they shouldn't be neglected just so writers can get wide readership. If you're really good at writing a particular fetish, do what you enjoy and your fans will eventually find you.

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again. -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Offline Beater

• Rep: 32
  • n00b
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »
[member=5]RayPistonprowl[/member] Yeah that's a fair point. What's this forum's rules on disclaimers for extreme stories, is there a certain structure that they should be in or is it just along as they include the basics?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:15:35 PM by Beater »

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 823
    • RapeCage
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »
[member=5]RayPistonprowl[/member] Yeah that's a fair point. What's this forum's rules on disclaimers for extreme stories, is there a certain structure that they should be in or is it just along as they include the basics?

Looks like Ray missed answering that one? [member=1966]Beater[/member] We don't require disclaimers, though some writers may wish to put them in there in order to clarify some elements they think could get misunderstood by readers. If people are on a rape fantasy site, we don't need disclaimers in every story saying, "This is a work of fiction and if you do this stuff I hope you rot in jail!" :nono: You might just wish to ensure everyone knows they're in the Extreme section and note which extreme elements you're including with Tags.

Tags: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php?action=tags

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl