In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Question About Rapist/Victim Relationship  (Read 248 times)

Offline CattyKitten

• Rep: 21
Question About Rapist/Victim Relationship
« on: August 21, 2017, 05:46:49 PM »
Okay, I've read a few romance books (both heterosexual and homosexual) where a rapist and victim eventually fall in love.

Some are the Master/Slave scenarios, where it starts out with the Master using the Slave however he wants, but overtime, the dynamic changes and they fall in love.

Another scenario, from a book I read (and can't remember the damn title) was a homosexual romance. It had one kingdom invading another and the one prince, from the invading country, already had feelings for the prince of the invaded country. He intended to just take the prince hostage, but the older brother declared that if he wanted the captured prince, he had to make a claim on him, then and there. Or else the older brother would take the captured prince, rape him, and pass him around to his men, so in desperation, the guy rapes his love interest in front of his brother and several others. Needless to say, this is a major hurdle the two main characters have to overcome; the one dealing with guilt and the other anger. But in the end, they get past their trouble start.

So...all of that brings me to the question - Do you enjoy stories where an actual relationship develops?
"Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

― Tyrion to Jon Snow

Offline badcorps187

• Rep: 16
  • Predatory perv
Re: Question About Rapist/Victim Relationship
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »
Having my victim fall in love with me just seems unlikely. I would never trust her. Is it genuine or just Stockholm Syndrome ? Maybe as a man I just can't get into the head of a woman that would fall in love with her rapist.

Offline death2uall

• Rep: 96
  • Rider of the Pale Horse
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, SOME sort of relationship MUST develop, or it's not a story; it's a catalog of horrors. But since you're asking about a love relationship, then . . . sometimes? The problem with that kind of story is that it usually seems to me to be handled very poorly, with little or no regard for actual human psychology.
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of komodo dragons, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

"For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag."  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

"She is starting to damage my calm!"  -- Jayne, Serenity

Offline pantherx

• Rep: 190
  • The quiet one
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
The scenarios in my fantasies are generally too short to have a Stockholm Syndrome type of relationship develop.  The most "romance" might play a role is if the failure to have a romantic relationship motivates my rapist character into a hate fuck or if a delusional stalker thinks he can force her to love him, but even then, my focus tends to be on the initial encounter and the terrifying creepiness rather than long term success. 

I used to write erotic choose your own adventure stuff and included a Stockholm Syndrome storyline, but it was just one branch of many options. 

Offline chubbbwluver

• Rep: 15
  • not so n00b
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »
Perhaps a forced relationship. Might be kinky fantasy. If you look t real rape's generly the victim knows their attacker in some form or another. That doesn't mean they fall in love with them just that they know them or have had contact with them. For me it would be a kinky fantasy for that to happen.

Offline Marg4724

• L E S B I A N
  • Rep: 72
  • No one escapes unscathed
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »
Wasn't the first time that happened...
Luke and Laura ???
♪♪ I wouldn't touch your dick if I'd been poisoned and the antidote was in your sperm ♪♪ -G&O

Offline CattyKitten

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 12:03:11 AM »
I can't believe I forgot about them. That's the classic example.
"Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

― Tyrion to Jon Snow

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 785
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 01:06:04 AM »
So...all of that brings me to the question - Do you enjoy stories where an actual relationship develops?

I do. But I love a good mindfuck.  :x
When I lose my rag I'll swear like a trooper and smack your dentures clean down your throat til you're chomping on your own shit. But I'll do it wearing a nice pretty dress and then bake some apple pie... -wetslut
Verily I Xeroxed Everyone's Nipples. -cosmicwitch
Give me that Infinity Gauntlet, I've some priests to fist. -me

Offline CattyKitten

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 02:08:21 AM »
 :heart:As do I. I like dark romance. Twisted relationships.

― Tyrion to Jon Snow

Offline Anguissette

• Rep: 13
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 02:21:37 PM »
I've had a few unhealthy relaionships.  It was kind of a thing for me, growing up. Thankfully I've matured out of that essentially.

Offline cyrus

• Rep: 0
  • n00b
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »
Speaking in fantasy this is a great concept, but I'm not sure it would ever actually work...

Offline death2uall

• Rep: 96
  • Rider of the Pale Horse
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 03:19:21 PM »
Wasn't the first time that happened...
Luke and Laura ???

Holy fuck, but that brings me back . . . mostly to fighting with my sister about who got to control the TV during General Hospital. I never could stand that crap. . . .   ;)
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of komodo dragons, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

"For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag."  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

"She is starting to damage my calm!"  -- Jayne, Serenity

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl