In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: What motivates people to be utterly and despicably evil?  (Read 287 times)

Offline randomgirl

• Rep: 336
What motivates people to be utterly and despicably evil?
« on: November 01, 2016, 08:49:45 AM »
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/father-sentenced-for-rape-torture-imprisonment-of-daughter-20161027-gscmkz.html

What motivates people? Lust? Power? How can even the most evilest of them all not have a tiny bit of empathy kindness and conscience? Are they just mentally ill, incapable of such emotions or do they just keep them suppressed?

Offline wetslut

• Rep: 757
Re: What motivates people to be utterly and despicably evil?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »
God knows,but things like this fascinate me..How?Why?..

I was reading about Victoria Martens,a ten year old girl who was raped and murdered by her mothers boyfriend and his cousin,the mother..and I use that term loosely used to enjoy watching her daughter be raped,she trawled internet sites looking for men to abuse her daughter.

She's as sick as fuck,just not right in the head,whether it's something in their brains that's not wired correctly or their just pure evil I don't know-maybe it's a combination,certainly these people have no empathy,no kindness,nothing-they're a blank canvas,selfish,all that matters is THEIR gratification,not the hurt they're causing.

How can someone do that to a child?,another human being?,how can they be oblivious to the screaming and crying for help,the begging for it to stop?,they're like a different species of human.

We don't have the death penalty in the UK,but my god..when I hear of some of these horrific crimes I wish we did,these 'people' are scum,gutter rats,they are just a waste of oxygen.

Offline Carlosdevil

• Your evil angel
  • Rep: 347
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:41:39 AM »
There really is no one reason why people become monsters. Sometimes it's simply because they can. Some people are born and/or raised without any social values, any moral compass or any empathy for others. Others inflict pain on people in an effort to justify their own rage because of whatever slights, real or imagined, they have been accorded by life. Still others are just flat-out mentally ill.

All we can really do when we hear about stories like these is just remember that there are a ton of good people in the world as well, and for the moment the good people outnumber the bad. Better still, we can always send each other *hugs* and remind one another that we're in this together and that we have each other's backs. Knowing that people like @wetslut and @randomgirl are around does give me a measure of comfort when I consider how cold and cruel the world can be.
"He won't take 'Go to Hell' for an answer. (So) I'm gonna give him directions." - Steve Freeling (Craig T. Nelson), Poltergeist (1982)

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 547
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 02:57:42 PM »
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/father-sentenced-for-rape-torture-imprisonment-of-daughter-20161027-gscmkz.html

What motivates people? Lust? Power? How can even the most evilest of them all not have a tiny bit of empathy kindness and conscience? Are they just mentally ill, incapable of such emotions or do they just keep them suppressed?

I've been fascinated by the question of what makes evil people evil my entire life. At its root, I think the answer is that evil people simply value their own interests over others - they're selfish and never outgrow a child's self-centered worldview. They're either incapable of empathising with those they harm, or they're incapable of controlling the impulses that keep them from harming others. They are masters at justifying their own selfish behaviour by blaming victims or writing them off as less than human. The problem may lie in pathological differences in their brains. That doesn't excuse them, but it may explain them.
My sister made a horse hump He-Man. I get it, man. I get it. *solemn face* Oh shit. *bans self* :facepalm: -Addie
Like Pepe LePew, sometimes you just gotta take the pussy. -The Demented Wizard
Listen up you cretinfaced knobcheese...you need to back the fuck truck up and park yerself in it. -wetslut
Who burns their tits on the stove while boiling water? I'll tell you. This chick does. -southernbelle
There's nothing like coming home and taking off your bra after a long, hard day of having boobs. -lysyn

Offline Becci

• Rep: 71
  • n00b
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 06:15:26 PM »
I don't understand people at all. Why wouldn't I value my interests above others I am me not anyone else? When I read about fucked up people doing such things I find it interesting but it doesn't upset me. Nothing ever upsets me that isn't about me.

I mean if you had absolute power why wouldn't you have people hurt and killed sometimes for fun? I sometimes read about people like Vladimir the Impaler and people say how evil he was whereas I think of course he did that he had power and didn't suffer from the empathy thing people talk about. If he had someone would soon have taken the power from him.

I don't understand empathy but I don't think I am missing out. Seems like a terrible hinderence to.me.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:20:53 PM by Becci »

Offline Lee

• Rep: 3
  • n00b
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 12:17:25 PM »
I'll admit that I'm more interested in punishing the evil, than understanding them.

Offline Dark Places

• Rep: 27
  • This might sting a little...
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 12:23:23 PM »
I find Hanna Arendt to be instructive in this area. In her book, "Eichmann in Jerusalem," she coined the phrase "The banality of evil." In short, real evil comes from following without thought - by people who are "just doing their jobs." Of course this doesn't account for the truly deranged, but they're easy to spot and deal with (albeit after some major damage has been done.) But real evil is indifference. To quote from her book:

What stuck in the minds of these men who had become murderers was simply the notion of being involved in something historic, grandiose, unique ("a great task that occurs once in two thousand years"), which must therefore be difficult to bear. This was important, because the murderers were not sadists or killers by nature; on the contrary, a systematic effort was made to weed out all those who derived physical pleasure from what they did. The troops of the Einsatzgruppen had been drafted from the Armed S.S., a military unit with hardly more crimes in its record than any ordinary unit of the German Army, and their commanders had been chosen by Heydrich from the S.S. élite with academic degrees. Hence the problem was how to overcome not so much their conscience as the animal pity by which all normal men are affected in the presence of physical suffering. The trick used by Himmler — who apparently was rather strongly afflicted by these instinctive reactions himself — was very simple and probably very effective; it consisted in turning these instincts around, as it were, in directing them toward the self. So that instead of saying: What horrible things I did to people!, the murderers would be able to say: What horrible things I had to watch in the pursuance of my duties, how heavily the task weighed upon my shoulders!

Of course there are always outliers, but nevertheless, true evil is quiet, unassuming and utterly indifferent. Just. Following. Orders.
Yes. You will!

Offline Wyrmwood

• Rep: 1
  • Lurker
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 10:23:54 PM »
I like to think these kinds of people are suffering from some form of mental illness. Or possibly multiple mental illnesses.

Offline wrigglingbeauty

• Rep: 259
  • n00bsX2
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:31 AM »
Broken people do broken things. After WWII they interviewed and studied a large number of nazis. They wanted to see what made them do what they did or go along with it. Conclusion was there was on the whole nothing wrong with those people. They were more or less normal. Same as you or me. Probably not as cute :)

Mental illness does absolutely play a part as does their upbringing and friends/environment. And sometimes they are fine with every good thing a person can have and still do these things. It's why their friends are usually shocked when they find out. Sometimes wives or husbands too.

Bottom line is we do our best to help and then deal with the ones like you mentioned as the laws say we should. Not perfect and not always satisfying I know but it's the best we got.

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin