In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

• Welcome to the shadows, chummer. Shadowrun pen and paper. 3 1
Currently:  
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Welcome to the shadows, chummer. Shadowrun pen and paper.  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Ihaveneeds

• Rep: 52
  • I have needs
Re: Welcome to the shadows, chummer. Shadowrun pen and paper.
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2019, 08:53:48 AM »
Konrad Gordon III. Confidence man. Adept. Gun fighter. Corporate elite turned to the shadows to atone for his sins... And get away from daddy.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1891865

Offline Ihaveneeds

• I have needs
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2019, 10:18:27 AM »
Or Fast Eddie the troll sword fighter with implants...

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1899821

Online kittyumbrass

• Rep: 656
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2019, 05:36:40 PM »
@Ihaveneeds - I like Konrad - he would make a pretty good connection/team mate for D:Red because anti-corrupt capitalism XD

Online Mosos

• Rep: 20
  • The world's evilest genius.
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2019, 08:34:29 PM »
(Alright @LezRapist please select one of your characters to be the main character for the sake of team votes.)

It is a warm night in the California free state. Imperial Japanese troops patrol the bay area. Alerts appear on each of your personal devices. "Word on the grapevine is you are looking for repossession and acquisition work. Come to the Strawberry Mixer in the demilitarized zone for a test of your skills." 

Online kittyumbrass

• Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »
D:Red -

Maudlin thoughts of a lost love brushed aside by the alert. I'm out of touch with the comrades of my organisation, so I need to find some way to destabilise the corrupt ruling class. Who knows, this might be just the job to do that. If nothing else, then it is a way to keep myself sharp for when the People's Democratic Front has a plan to force the final confrontation with the inherent internal contradictions of capitalism.

Either way, I need a break from my surroundings and thoughts of the past. Finishing my drink, I climb into the Ford Spiral and put my signature hat on the seat beside me. It doesn't take too long to figure out where the Strawberry Mixer is and make my way there.

Offline Ihaveneeds

• I have needs
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 11:24:57 PM »
Konrad sat on the hillside watching out over the bay. Technically this area was off limits to citizens and everyone else outside of the occupation forces, but he’s sneaked in any way. He wanted a closer look at how the Imperial forces were patrolling here to determine how to best confuse and distract them should he need to. He also thought a hideout behind their lines might be beneficial should he need to lay low if the corporate goons ever got too close to his trail. So far that has been of little concern, but they’d catch wind of him eventually. That even was not such a big deal so long as it didn’t get back to his father or any of his old supervisors at Horizon.

The message came through as these thoughts flitted through his mind. A job. Well, it had been dry the last month or so, and what was left of the portion of his trust fund he’d managed to bring with him wouldn’t last forever. Besides, he was bored. He could use the action. He’d run down to the Strawberry and hear their offer, then maybe see what Val was up to tonight. That last thought woke him up a little, enough to start moving.

He was spotted as he approached the fence line. He resisted the urge to spring his pistols free and do away with them before they could call him in. He could talk his way out of this, he was certain. Two patrol men would rather not be doing paperwork this late. As they hurried over he opened his mouth and called out.

“Kon'nichiwa,” and bower respectfully.

Ten minutes later he was out of the occupied zone, one bottle of saki poorer, but free and on his way to a job interview.

Offline Ihaveneeds

• I have needs
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2019, 01:36:41 AM »
@Ihaveneeds - I like Konrad - he would make a pretty good connection/team mate for D:Red because anti-corrupt capitalism XD

;)

Why not both?

Offline LezRapist

• Rep: 50
  • Roleplayer
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2019, 07:28:16 AM »
"Ah, finally.  Work." Tilotsun Joni stood and stretched, her tail flicking from left to right as it always does when she stands.  California was probably one of the nicest places on the continent in her opinion; the warm weather reminded her of home back in Africa and most people had never heard of the Wakyambi, let alone seen one, so there was no need to worry about someone trying to shame her back into the "traditional" roles of women in her tribe.  Life, while not yet good, was certainly better here.

Tilotsun smiled down at her comm, the glasses perched on her nose allowing her to "see" the AR projection of her virtual pet coutal "Sunny".  "Yes dear, I'll be heading out for a while, but there will be head scritches when I get back."  Tilotsun adored the little creature; sure it was just a program, but it was far cheaper (and less messy) than adopting a feral cat would have been.  And, as the tall elf would never admit, she was constantly amazed at what technology could do.  Growing up in the bush had that effect.

"Time to get down to business," Tilotsun announced to no one in particular, packing for the trip.  A lifetime on the move had taught her two things: carry only what you need and carry it with you.  She mused on the message as she stripped down and packed away her weapons in the attache case she had acquired on her last job.  A useful item, it would keep her weapons hidden from prying eyes, metahuman and machine.  Lastly she strapped on a small holstered pistol, then checked her reflection in a scrap of glass. 

Staring back at her was a sight she was accustomed to, though many people were not.  She was tall and thin, even for an elf, her skin a dusky brown and her short black hair falling to frame her high-cheekboned face.  But what most people noticed first were her ears.  Exceptionally long and pronounced, they screamed "Elf!" even if the rest of her had not.  Her outfit, a fancy Zoe Executive line ensemble (Hey, never hurt to make a good impression) had a discrete outlet for her tail, no need to clothe that.  A tap on her comm changed her clothing to a subtle gray and silver pattern; when she hefted her attache case and walked over to her bike, she could have been any moderately successful businesswoman, if no one noticed her unusual physical features. 

Securing her belongings and lifting a sleek black helmet stylized to look like a panther's roaring head (it helped conceal the fact that it had been modified to help protect her ears), Tilotsun straddled the chopper and twisted her wrist, bringing the engine roaring to life and luxuriated for a moment in the intense vibrations between her legs; she'd always loved riding it and speed was only one reason for that.  Checking the AR map, she revved the bike again and sped out, heading for the DMZ.

Offline LezRapist

• Roleplayer
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2019, 07:29:42 AM »

Online Mosos

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
The Strawberry Mixer is the gaudiest strip club any of you have ever seen, dancers wearing glittering jewels grip golden poles that shimmer in the dim stage lights. Synthwave music blares from hidden speakers. As you walk closer to the main floor you each find it easier to breathe, and each of your skins tingle pleasantly. In the center of the club you see four stages, each one with a different metahuman preforming for a crowd of men. A shapely elf woman in a black bikini greets each of you with a flirtatious smile. "Hello and welcome to the Strawberry Mixer, are you here for the private party?"

(Each give me a perception check, you may also roll any other skills you would like at this time.)

Online kittyumbrass

• Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2019, 04:40:48 PM »
D:Red -

It's not so much that the Strawberry Mixer feels like "home", but rather, it reminds me of a happier time. When you've escaped a theocracy, this is the sort of place you find that reminds you that you can be different. It's the kind of place where you can enjoy yourself and/or someone else - in my case, a partner, a special someone. It's the kind of place you go to forget about the Struggle, to remind yourself that the world matters. It's not the kind of place I get to go to often, but if there's work here, especially work that accords with my beliefs, then it's a very nice place to be finding it.

It's habit to check out the security set-up. I never want to walk into a place without knowing how you get in when uninvited, or how to get out if you're invited against your will (for example, at gunpoint). (Knowledge roll: 1,2,3,5,5)

Once I'm satisfied I know what I need to, I tilt my hat forwards and look around. The hat is probably what gives it away, there aren't many people wearing a giant pixie hat with red lining and a matching scarf and bustier. I assume that's how come the hostess recognises I might be hear for the "private party."

And since I'm here, I may as well enjoy the view. One of the hottest elf women I've seen in a while, and plenty on show.

"I suppose I am, at that," I smile.

Offline LezRapist

• Roleplayer
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2019, 07:23:35 PM »
Tilotsun Joni-

"Tch." I say in distaste; I've always preferred clubs that were more about the music than the eye candy.  Still, there is considerable such candy on display.  I mentally review what I know of the clubs and bars in the area (Knowledge (Bars and clubs), 4 hits, pool of 6).  "Hmmm..."

I wonder briefly if the sensation on my skin is the deep bass of the synthwave or some pheromone in the air, but dismiss it quickly.  Either way, it feels pleasant enough.  I do a quick look around; it's a little too loud for me to use my bio-sonar, but my other senses ought to be enough for this task.  (Perception:  Critical Glitch).

Looking over at the elf, "Um, yes? I think I'm here for that."

Online Mosos

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »
*The woman smiles at you.* "Follow me please." D:red: you notice the club has much less security than a normal club. Joni: You remember that the Strawberry mixer is unique as it is the only bar or club within the Cal-Free neutral zone. There are others in the ocupied zones of Cal-Free. As you look around you see a human woman dancing on the main stage grinding her hips against the pole getting fingered by a disemboded cyberware arm. The elf woman leads you to a room in the back of the club. As you get closer you smell tobacco, boose, and sex hanging thick in the air. The elf pulls back a curtain and motions you into a room with a single orc male relaxing on a couch. "So you are the new acquations department, eh?" His voice is course as though he is gargling gravel.

Offline LezRapist

• Roleplayer
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »
I try to smooth my face; for an instant I had imagined that the orc on the couch would have been naked, given how the room smelled.  "There is good work to be had in the Neutral Zone, Mister...?"  I trail off, waiting for the orc to introduce himself.  I glance over my shoulder towards the elf; it never hurts to know who and what is behind you.  Being a Wakyambi elf did NOT mean I trusted every elf I came across. 

I nudge the glasses I wear a little higher on my nose, peering around to see if the decor is real or just AR.

Online kittyumbrass

• Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2019, 01:41:20 PM »
D:Red-

"Acquisitions" could have several meanings in an environment like this, and not all of them fit well with my principles. Some of them, however, could be useful to the Cause.

I fold my arms and watch the Wakyambi elf who seems as suspicious as me, and wait to find out what this is really all about. There's little point in confirming or denying the orc's assumption. Whatever we're being hired for is likely to be, well, shady. That's the way it works. It just remains to be seen what sort of shade we're talking about.

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl