In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

• Welcome to the shadows, chummer. Shadowrun pen and paper. 3 1
Currently:  
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Welcome to the shadows, chummer. Shadowrun pen and paper.  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Mosos

• Rep: 20
  • The world's evilest genius.
Re: Welcome to the shadows, chummer. Shadowrun pen and paper.
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2019, 10:29:22 PM »
"In the neutral zone? You want to go out in to the place where half the guns on this rock are pointed?" The orc man chuckles Resting a pair of black metallic legs on the table in front of him. "You lot must be new in Cal-Free. I'll be helpin you ladies get settled in our glorious nation. My name is Thumper, and I have your first job. This is the closest thing you'll find in the Shadows to a milkrun, the Pablo Corporate Council has misplaced a shipment of water and needs a group of deniable assets to retrieve it before word gets out on the local news."

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 667
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »
D:Red:

The idea of helping out corporate entities doesn't sit well with my *ahem* unorthodox economic and political beliefs; but this doesn't feel like a situation it's easy to walk out from. If they don't want the news well-known, then chances are walking away now I know about it is a good way to get dead. But I may as well make some show of reluctance.

"I'm no friend to any Corporate Council, and for all I know the water may be doing more good where it is now. So you need to give me some reason to believe I'm doing the right thing by helping retrieve it. Like, any hint what sort of people might have it now, and what they want it for?"

Sceptical, but not hostile, body language. That's what I'm showing. Classic "playing hard to get".

Offline Mosos

• Rep: 20
  • The world's evilest genius.
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2019, 03:17:27 PM »
Allow me to enlighten you. *The ork looks down his nose at D:Red with a sour expression.*

Cal-Free is ruled by four occupying powers. In the south the Pablo Corporate Council rules, San Diego is Ruled by Aztland, San Francisco by the Japanese Imperial State, Tír Tairngire rules the North of Cal-free. For the sack of why you should assist, the Japanese are the important group.

When meta humans were first appearing in the sixth world the Japanese flew in to a panic their government rounded all the meta humans up and deported them to the volcanic Island know as Yomi. Simply put the Japanese exterminated their own meta population, with out even the decency to do it themselves, letting mother nature and starvation genocide them.

The Pablo Corporate Council  on the other hand while just as money hungry as the other Corporate Nations at the very least provide the water to the Californians at the same rate regardless of meta human status. So Tell me D:Red if the Pablo Corporate Council is forced to leave after failing to provide water to the citizens of Calfree who do you think will gain control of their territory? I'll give you a hint it is the genocidal super power.

Maybe if we are luck Cas or Ucas will step in to protect the metahumans but then we will have two super powers at war in our home, but no matter what people will suffer.

And for what you might ask? So that a group of extorting psycho ingrates can up sell the water to the poor.

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 667
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2019, 03:31:49 PM »
D:Red -

Frowning at the supercilious manner of the ork, and still sceptical. But the argument is clear. "You're saying they're not as bad as the alternative, and maintaining the status quo is preferable to causing a disruption that would lend strength to more fascistic powers. Hardly the strongest basis for praxis. But the point is taken and regardless of such matters, I do need income. I'll take the mission, for a reasonable fee."

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl