In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: Who has writer's block?  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Hoselvr

• Rep: 23
  • Pantyhose Rapist
Who has writer's block?
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:11:11 PM »
I've experienced writer's block before, but after nearly 6 weeks of it this time, I'm worried it won't end. It's frustrating....which then leads to more writer's block...leading to more frustration. I fear I need something drastic to snap out of it. Grrrrr.  :headwall:
"Don't know where we're going but it's no use being late." ~ Matthew Quigley

Offline caughtbymoonlight

• Wordslut of wordsluts.
  • Rep: 238
  • "It was supposed to go KABOOM!"-Marvin the Martian
Re: Who has writer's block?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »
Maybe you need to re-post some of your old work and then look at it in print here. See what other directions you might take with the same theme.

I've re-posted a couple of pieces I particularly like. Mostly because I have discovered that I need the feedback to continue... knowing that people read my stuff and like it helps me say to myself (or my muses, the Inspirationists) "what else could we do; where else could this go?"

"When life sucks, point it at the dick of someone you hate." - unknown

Offline fallen saint

• contemplating life's existence in solitude
  • Rep: 19
  • Our love is god, let's go get a slushie
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:59:55 PM »
I get ideas for stories, and start posting them, then just drop off in the middle.  It's aggravating
Everywhere I look you're all I see.
Just a fading fucking reminder of who I used to be.

"Sunshine is dangerous;  Sugar can be poison
And love, well that's obvious;  Beware of too mouch happiness"

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: babyfuck
  • Rep: 764
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »
I hear you. I haven't written, nor have I been interested in writing, anything substantial in over a year, and before that it was few and far between. I used to love to write and had all sorts of great ideas. I still have a few, but it's the sitting down and taking the time to write part that's hard for me. I think Moonie might be onto something, though. I've been thinking about reposting Lily's Story here; start small by adding another chapter or two onto that, maybe even come up with an ending. The poor girl has been hostage in her own home for over two years already! *le sigh* :rolleyes:
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Hoselvr

• Pantyhose Rapist
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 06:43:06 PM »
Yes, CBM and Red, I have started reposting previously written works here (I started with Storm of Terror which I wrote for Cyberlust/Sweetlust) last year. I'm also never got the chance to complete the fifth and final story of my Encounter series of stories, but most people who visit boards of this sort are probably sick of that series by now. I might post a few other stand-alone stories I've already written once I finish posting Storm of Terror. We'll see if it helps spark my inspiration. Part of my problem is I no longer have a Muse.

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Rep: 178
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 07:37:14 PM »
I've had writers block all month really. Depression. Then again, I'm doing the worst thing - everyone published I've read commenting on writers block says cure it by writing. Sitting there saying "I have writers block" only trains you not to write. Writing anyway, even if it is crap, trains your brain to get in writing mode, making it easier later on. And even if you do produce crap while writing with writers block, which is not guaranteed, it's still better than not producing anything. Yeah, true. Now back to not writing.

• Wordslut of wordsluts.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »
Playing with words helps.

I find I do absolutely need the feedback on my stuff. And it's generating views, but no comments and it makes me wonder what I failed at.

*le sigh*

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 809
    • RapeCage
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 10:11:18 PM »
I've had writer's block for at least a decade. Which is coincidentally around the time I met Ray. So I blame him. What a cunt.

(I love that word when Brits use it. It's much funnier.)

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 809
    • RapeCage
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 10:13:54 PM »

I find I do absolutely need the feedback on my stuff. And it's generating views, but no comments and it makes me wonder what I failed at.

*le sigh*

Give it time, Caught. The views can be deceptive. Sometimes people need multiple times to get through a story because they have to change the page when the kids walk in or whatever. I have reader's block too sometimes.

• Wordslut of wordsluts.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 10:14:28 PM »
We could all blame Ray. But then... wait.... I feel a story coming on.

(Ray might be an evil genius cuuuuuunt.)

:D

• Wordslut of wordsluts.
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 10:15:35 PM »

*le sigh*

Give it time, Caught. The views can be deceptive. Sometimes people need multiple times to get through a story because they have to change the page when the kids walk in or whatever. I have reader's block too sometimes.

Oh, I know... I just have the patience of gnat when what I need is the patience of... something patient. :D

Thank you!

Offline Hoselvr

• Pantyhose Rapist
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »
With only 27 members right now, I don't expect many views to the one story I've begun posting. Traditionally, on other rape boards, my stories rarely generated comments and most of the ones that did post were in fact the "victim" of the story.

Offline fallen saint

• contemplating life's existence in solitude
  • Rep: 19
  • Our love is god, let's go get a slushie
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 11:18:42 PM »
I'm trying to remember Hoselvr, I believe it was you who had a story on RD that I truly loved.  The problem being, I can't remember what it was.  My memory is turning to shit if it isn't something involving a bicycle. 
Everywhere I look you're all I see.
Just a fading fucking reminder of who I used to be.

"Sunshine is dangerous;  Sugar can be poison
And love, well that's obvious;  Beware of too mouch happiness"

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Rep: 178
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 05:13:41 AM »

*le sigh*

I know this feeling so well, and I often get very few to no comments, and even less meaningful/constructive ones on my stuff. Maggie made an off-hand comment about it in the shoutbox, for which I am grateful, but so far that's it. Not commenting can be a killer and I often wonder - is it really such an expense to pay the author of a work you have enjoyed for the hours of effort they put in? Would you (reader) be  eager to keep working for no pay (I consider feedback to be the pay for an amateur author). I haven't ready yours on here, Moonie, but I have read and commented on a few of them before. From my memory, you're not doing ANYTHING wrong and lots of things right.

Offline Ingenue

• Tomato Pope Pup
  • Rep: 1139
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 07:55:12 AM »
That reminds me of an idea! A button that lets you say "I splooged/fapped/girlsquirted to this post" :D Preferably where non-signed-in users could click it too. It wouldn't give you any kind of karma or rep or points, but you'd know someone had a good time.
Rayray rubbed his willay against my pissflaps. ~kittyumbrass
I like my unicorns pink. and fluffy. and dancing, in the vicinity of meteorological optical effects ~kittyumbrass
Turns out that France understands neither peanut butter nor tacos ~IrishGirl

Likes and limits on my profile!

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl