In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: Who has writer's block?  (Read 5312 times)

Offline caughtbymoonlight

• Wordslut of wordsluts.
  • Rep: 238
  • "It was supposed to go KABOOM!"-Marvin the Martian
Re: Who has writer's block?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 09:41:26 AM »
Great idea! (Respect the squeak.)

"When life sucks, point it at the dick of someone you hate." - unknown

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Rep: 178
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 09:47:20 AM »
Unless the only person who could see the fap/slish count was the author it could still devolve to a competitive points system.

Offline Ingenue

• Tomato Pope Pup
  • Rep: 1141
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 09:50:35 AM »
I was thinking that too, sadly anything can get competitive online, but the upside is it's an effort-free way of giving feedback. Well, apart from the effort of rubbing your clit to the sexy Cajun/werewolf/etc, but if you were gonna do that anyway...
Rayray rubbed his willay against my pissflaps. ~kittyumbrass
I like my unicorns pink. and fluffy. and dancing, in the vicinity of meteorological optical effects ~kittyumbrass
Turns out that France understands neither peanut butter nor tacos ~IrishGirl

Likes and limits on my profile!

Offline Hoselvr

• Rep: 23
  • Pantyhose Rapist
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »
I'm trying to remember Hoselvr, I believe it was you who had a story on RD that I truly loved.  The problem being, I can't remember what it was.  My memory is turning to shit if it isn't something involving a bicycle.

FS, here is a list of stories I've posted on various rape sites:

The Encounter Series (stalking and raping of Mickey from RD)
            Encounter in DC: The Continuing Misadventures of Mickey
            Encounter at Home: The Continuing Misadventures of Mickey
            Encounter at the Reception: The Continuing Misadventures of Mickey
            Dress-Up Encounter: The Continuing Misadventures of Mickey
            Encounter of Terror: The Continuing Misadventures of Mickey (incomplete)
The Prosecutor Series
            Persecuting the Prosecutor
            Persecuting the Prosecutor: Double Duty
The English Victim Series (more a theme than a series)
            A Vacation to Remember
            A Photographer’s Lust (rape of a former model trying to get back into the biz)
The Teacher Series (teacher-victim theme)
            Taking Cindy
            Cindy’s Perilous Predicament
            Teaching Stephanie a Lesson
Stand-alone Stories (not connected by a theme)
            Catch and Release (only story where I am not the rapist)
            Home Invasion Photo Shoot (rape of a pantyhose model)
            Storm of Terror (Cyberlust/Sweetlust as the victim)
            The Cabo Incident (gang rape of a celebrity)
            Leslie
            Last Day
            Night in the Park
            Taking Advantage (rape of a co-worker)
Novels (incomplete)
            The Misadventures of Mindi (based on the Encounter Series)
            Shoe Hunter (non-rape with lots of sex)
"Don't know where we're going but it's no use being late." ~ Matthew Quigley

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 809
    • RapeCage
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
Playing with words helps.

I find I do absolutely need the feedback on my stuff. And it's generating views, but no comments and it makes me wonder what I failed at.

*le sigh*

I know this feeling so well, and I often get very few to no comments, and even less meaningful/constructive ones on my stuff. Maggie made an off-hand comment about it in the shoutbox, for which I am grateful, but so far that's it. Not commenting can be a killer and I often wonder - is it really such an expense to pay the author of a work you have enjoyed for the hours of effort they put in? Would you (reader) be  eager to keep working for no pay (I consider feedback to be the pay for an amateur author). I haven't ready yours on here, Moonie, but I have read and commented on a few of them before. From my memory, you're not doing ANYTHING wrong and lots of things right.

Patience, young Jedi. I haven't even gotten back to reading your story yet. (I'm still busy recreating the site on my test server and figuring out how to download the right tables from the database so I get the current configuration without getting critical errors that kill the entire site.) Also, search engine spiders will eventually draw new people in, and you may get some new feedback then. I think people are often in the mood to goof around here but need to be in the right mood (and have the privacy) to enjoy reading the stories here, so that's a realistic limit. Anywho, what I read of your story so far was very good. You have a great ear for dialogue and write vivid, enjoyable characters. Keep it up, and eventually the rest of us will catch up!

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Rep: 178
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »
Playing with words helps.

I find I do absolutely need the feedback on my stuff. And it's generating views, but no comments and it makes me wonder what I failed at.

*le sigh*

I know this feeling so well, and I often get very few to no comments, and even less meaningful/constructive ones on my stuff. Maggie made an off-hand comment about it in the shoutbox, for which I am grateful, but so far that's it. Not commenting can be a killer and I often wonder - is it really such an expense to pay the author of a work you have enjoyed for the hours of effort they put in? Would you (reader) be  eager to keep working for no pay (I consider feedback to be the pay for an amateur author). I haven't ready yours on here, Moonie, but I have read and commented on a few of them before. From my memory, you're not doing ANYTHING wrong and lots of things right.

Patience, young Jedi. I haven't even gotten back to reading your story yet. (I'm still busy recreating the site on my test server and figuring out how to download the right tables from the database so I get the current configuration without getting critical errors that kill the entire site.) Also, search engine spiders will eventually draw new people in, and you may get some new feedback then. I think people are often in the mood to goof around here but need to be in the right mood (and have the privacy) to enjoy reading the stories here, so that's a realistic limit. Anywho, what I read of your story so far was very good. You have a great ear for dialogue and write vivid, enjoyable characters. Keep it up, and eventually the rest of us will catch up!

I'm sorry, Maggie, I wasn't meaning to suggest I expect anything from you. Not at all. I was more commenting that my experience is I don't get much feedback at all. On RD, on E, on Lit, on 64S (though I did get some on the first few chapters of this one), on RPP, nowhere. People just don't tend to do it.

Offline Hoselvr

• Pantyhose Rapist
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 10:30:53 AM »
Over all the websites I've posted stories, I've rarely gotten many comments. I've generally gauged my stories by the number of views they receive rather than the comments. I know Frodo and I have had this conversation before about this, as he doesn't share my viewpoint that the number of reads is a good gauge of a story's popularity. I do agree that positive comments help the writer want to write more. However, with the lack of comments to most stories, I've tended to rely on one or two online friends to provide the encouragement I need to continue writing. Lately, even that encouragement is gone - hence, one of the primary reasons I don't feel like writing. One previous poster suggested to get out of writer's block, one should just write. That tends not to work for me as I quickly begin asking myself "What is the point?" and fall into apathy over the whole attempt.

Offline Ella

• Well-Fucked Toy
  • Rep: 131
  • Happiness is being owned by my husband
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 01:12:46 AM »
I'm very reluctant to comment about stories. It has nothing to do with the stories.

I don't know how to comment in a way that says what I want to say. I overthink everything. I type and back space, again and again. So I don't comment.

Offline Ingenue

• Tomato Pope Pup
  • Rep: 1141
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 04:48:44 PM »
I try to comment when I read things, on the basis that a simple "I liked this and it's really atmospheric" touches the author better than a really smart comment that I never wrote down.

Of course, if the story was really not to my tastes to the point where I couldn't say anything nice, like maybe it contains stuff that's a hard limit for me, I leave well enough alone.
Rayray rubbed his willay against my pissflaps. ~kittyumbrass
I like my unicorns pink. and fluffy. and dancing, in the vicinity of meteorological optical effects ~kittyumbrass
Turns out that France understands neither peanut butter nor tacos ~IrishGirl

Likes and limits on my profile!

Offline Lust4Mina

• Rep: 180
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 07:08:03 PM »
I'm a frequent member of the writers block club which is why I have over 20 unfinished novels on my shelf no joke. It blows.

Offline Hoselvr

• Pantyhose Rapist
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »
I wrote a few pages last weekend. Now, the blockage has started again. I really think part of it is the lack of a Muse. I'm used to having one encourage me along. Now, I don't have one anymore.

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: babyfuck
  • Rep: 764
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »
^ I'm really sorry to hear that!! I hadn't realized. :(

My writer's block seems to be the exact opposite. I had tons of dirty, awful, rapey ideas when I wasn't gettin' any. Now that I've gone live (with BDSM scenes and regular kinky sex), I have very little interest in writing. I did take somebody's advice and started to take it slow... with one of my favorite RP partners, but one RP is about all I can handle at the moment... opposed to four simultaneous RPs and a couple of ongoing chapter stories like a year and a half ago. *insert shameless plug for The Crush here*
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Hoselvr

• Pantyhose Rapist
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 07:16:04 PM »
^ I'm really sorry to hear that!! I hadn't realized. :(

My writer's block seems to be the exact opposite. I had tons of dirty, awful, rapey ideas when I wasn't gettin' any. Now that I've gone live (with BDSM scenes and regular kinky sex), I have very little interest in writing. I did take somebody's advice and started to take it slow... with one of my favorite RP partners, but one RP is about all I can handle at the moment... opposed to four simultaneous RPs and a couple of ongoing chapter stories like a year and a half ago. *insert shameless plug for The Crush here*

Now that's a problem I could easily deal with.  >:)

I thought of trying to "shop" for a new Muse, but the fact is I simply got lucky with the last two and I'm doubting my luck on finding another. It would be great if it happened, though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:19:04 PM by Hoselvr »

Offline death2uall

• Rep: 86
  • Rider of the Pale Horse
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
I've been writing for 40+ years now, and I've come to the conclusion that, with very few, very limited exceptions, "writer's block" is doubletalk for either, "I'm too fucking lazy to put the effort into it" or "I'd like to write, but I'm afraid of how people will react, or scared of the process."

Writers write. That's all there is to it. Dilettantes get writer's block. Robert Heinlein wrote every day of his professional career, from the time he started publishing in the 1930s until the day he died. That doesn't mean he never took a day off, however; it means that when he was writing, he WROTE. Every day, whether it saw publication or not.

No ideas? Sit in front of a keyboard and write until you come up with one, or talk to one or more of the perverts here or elsewhere until you hear or come up with an idea you like, and then write about that. Having trouble with a piece of story? Write your way through it, or work on something else until your subconscious comes up with a solution. Too many ideas? There is no such thing. Learn to take notes, and write a damn story.   ;)  Blank page phobia? See my comment above on "scared of the process."

I honestly hadn't written more than two consecutive paragraphs in a row (or, for that matter, in a week) for over six months until last night. Then I decided I was going to write, dammit, and I pumped out 8 1/2 pages between 11:00 PM and 9:00 AM, on a story I hadn't even looked at in over a year. The reason I "could" do that is that I DECIDED to do it, not because I "overcame writer's block" or any other self-defeating silliness.
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of komodo dragons, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

“For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag.”  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

“She is starting to damage my calm!”  -- Jayne, Serenity

Online RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 685
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »
I've been writing for 40+ years now, and I've come to the conclusion that, with very few, very limited exceptions, "writer's block" is doubletalk for either, "I'm too fucking lazy to put the effort into it" or "I'd like to write, but I'm afraid of how people will react, or scared of the process."

Writers write. That's all there is to it. Dilettantes get writer's block. Robert Heinlein wrote every day of his professional career, from the time he started publishing in the 1930s until the day he died. That doesn't mean he never took a day off, however; it means that when he was writing, he WROTE. Every day, whether it saw publication or not.

No ideas? Sit in front of a keyboard and write until you come up with one, or talk to one or more of the perverts here or elsewhere until you hear or come up with an idea you like, and then write about that. Having trouble with a piece of story? Write your way through it, or work on something else until your subconscious comes up with a solution. Too many ideas? There is no such thing. Learn to take notes, and write a damn story.   ;)  Blank page phobia? See my comment above on "scared of the process."

I honestly hadn't written more than two consecutive paragraphs in a row (or, for that matter, in a week) for over six months until last night. Then I decided I was going to write, dammit, and I pumped out 8 1/2 pages between 11:00 PM and 9:00 AM, on a story I hadn't even looked at in over a year. The reason I "could" do that is that I DECIDED to do it, not because I "overcame writer's block" or any other self-defeating silliness.

Wow. Harsh.
You haven't lived until you've received a teabagging from the prince of darkness. -IndieGuy
I had a horse shoe covered in 4 leaf clovers up my ass the other day b/c I was lucky enough to see cosmicwitch 's photos. -bjc1979
Can all the ladies on here stop being so ridiculously hot? My dick can get only so hard! -LiskaHunter
A good cup of tea lies between He-Man and Donald Trump in colour. -the_silkman
"As fuck" is my favorite unit of measurement. -lysyn
Fucking shitty wanky creamed undercrackers. -wetslut

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl