In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Description: So, I didn't really enjoy Fallout 4 all that much

Tags:

Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 93 times)

Online darkfantasygirl

• WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
  • Rep: 324
  • adorable and scary at the same time
Fallout 4
« on: July 10, 2018, 10:27:55 AM »
Don't get me wrong, though. I did have a lot of fun playing it. in fact, I still play it because it is a fun game that feels exactly how a Fallout game is supposed to feel. But, it is not the best of the Fallout series.

My problem with it is the main story of the game. The whole elements with the missing baby is simply too gut-wrenching. That right there is enough to take me out of the mentality that I'd like to be in. Plus, everything after that just feels glued in. Like they just came up with this uber-dramatic plot points to bring in new players for the soap-opera drama its self. I hated that.

Next thing I don't really like is how they made the playable character. The whole reason I got so into playing New Vegas is because that mother fucking courier is me! It's me, god damnit! My decisions, my rules. In Fallout 4, the playable character is not me. It's some other fuck that I have to go and find their kid, live their life, talk about their military experience. Fuck... that... No matter what kind of character you build, you're always looking for that kid. And it clings way too hard on it, which in my opinion, also brings the re-playability down a lot.

The base building is great. No complaints there other than a lot of the walls don't click together right.

I was fine with the speech options, but it all comes back to the character not being me. That's why I want to play fallout, and is also the reason why I didn't like Fallout 3 as much as New Vegas.

Now, Fallout 4 would have been so much better if they had just changed the story like this:

It's before the war. Vault 111 specializes in cryopods but is a real vault, with a population that stays alive and conscious to take care of the pods during the 2-3 hundred years. Instead of freezing random people and a fucking baby (stupid, stupid, stupid), the pods are meant to freeze important people from before the war. ie, military leaders, scientists, doctors, engineers. people that can help re-build the world when the time comes. Family beforehand wouldn't be mentioned and you can, literally, play whatever type you want. Anything... and it's fucking you! Not some betrayed mother/father who will never see their baby again.

plus, the overall plot to that version of Fallout 4 would have been more engaging and interesting to play through multiple times, as New Vegas was.

My point, while Fallout 4 is definitely worth playing, it's not as good as it could have been, and that disappoints me. Bethesda seriously disappointed me with Fallout 4... :(

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 578
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
I made it more about avenging the murder of the loved one - particularly after "Oh, the kid's probably grown up a bit by now and has a new life and all."

But yeah, the specific nature of the plot sequence makes it very much less replayable for me. I want to do a "Refuse to sign up" version just to see the "Oh, you're dead" ending, and I want to do a version where I collect/romance all the available companions, and I want to do an in-character version where I sign up with the BoS (I didn't have much to do with them on my first playthrough because they are a bunch of fascists).

The numbered Fallout games do seem to have a thing about family (I don't know much about 1 & 2 but I do recall reading something about them that gave me that impression). Fallout 3 is all about Dad and his Vision; so it sort of makes sense to me that 4 would also be "family".

Offline death2uall

• Rep: 96
  • Rider of the Pale Horse
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »
Hah! I don't even have a computer that'll handle Fallout 3 yet! Maybe later this year; what's available for $800 is a lot better than what was available at that price point last time I bought a laptop.   :D
 Anyway, Fallout 2 will pretty much always be my go-to Fallout game. But I've been looking hard at Fallout Shelter lately ...
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of komodo dragons, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

"For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag."  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

"She is starting to damage my calm!"  -- Jayne, Serenity

Online darkfantasygirl

• WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
  • Rep: 324
  • adorable and scary at the same time
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:00:16 PM »
But I've been looking hard at Fallout Shelter lately ...

OMG I've played HOURS AND OURS of Fallout Shelter. It is fucking teriffic and I want to play through it again. You can customize your dwellers and I really want an RC vault now :idea:

Offline bjc1979

• Rep: 95
  • The relentless prince of pain
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 08:26:18 PM »
I made it more about avenging the murder of the loved one - particularly after "Oh, the kid's probably grown up a bit by now and has a new life and all."

But yeah, the specific nature of the plot sequence makes it very much less replayable for me. I want to do a "Refuse to sign up" version just to see the "Oh, you're dead" ending, and I want to do a version where I collect/romance all the available companions, and I want to do an in-character version where I sign up with the BoS (I didn't have much to do with them on my first playthrough because they are a bunch of fascists).

The numbered Fallout games do seem to have a thing about family (I don't know much about 1 & 2 but I do recall reading something about them that gave me that impression). Fallout 3 is all about Dad and his Vision; so it sort of makes sense to me that 4 would also be "family".

My current character is a BOS soldier. I did the Minute Man ending for my first playthrough so that I could keep all of the factions alive for the side quests but this time around, I did the BOS ending. The Railroad people just irk me for some reason.

My biggest problem with FO4 was the lack of different endings. The thing I loved about New Vegas was that damn near everything you did affected what kind of ending you got. You saw what happened to each faction, each companion, lots of other side characters, etc. The endings of FO4 left me flat b/c outside of which factions you leave alive to give you side quests and are patrolling around The Commonwealth, what you do doesn't really affect much of anything.
"Now a question of etiquette. As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch."--Tyler Durden

Offline death2uall

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:04:45 PM by death2uall »
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of komodo dragons, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

"For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag."  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

Offline bohica1925

• Rep: 1
  • n00b
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »

I played Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 on the PC.  Skipped 3.  Now I have a PS4 and recently bought Fallout 4.  I will play and provide inputs.  :)

Offline bjc1979

• Rep: 95
  • The relentless prince of pain
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 09:16:11 PM »
I'm replaying Far Harbor and have been enjoying it a lot. However, I'm now on the part where you have to do DiMa's memories again and I'm stalling because I remember just how fucking boring that was. That thing really ground an otherwise excellent story to a halt. I'm going to do it again at some point but I just don't feel like wasting a half hour of my time doing it.
"Now a question of etiquette. As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch."--Tyler Durden

Offline death2uall

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 02:43:03 PM »
... I really want an RC vault now :idea:

Wouldn't that be an RC dungeon?! I mean, I know the vaults are all underground anyway, but let's at least get the terminology right ...    :naughty:

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl