In Chat Now:

Author Topic: It's always the quiet ones  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Damnedsmiling

• Owner of the little whore Anonymouse
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 9
  • Real life roleplayer
Re: It's always the quiet ones
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2019, 08:16:47 AM »
I didn't start talking until I was about 12 and I still prefer ASL to actually speaking.  I guess that makes me quiet.

@Daddysgirl Are you deaf then? :notlistening:

No, on the autism spectrum

Suits me...don’t need you to speak. But I’ve got better uses for your hands than sign language.

Offline cosmicwitch

• Non serviam
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 1058
  • Your pain, my thrill.
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2019, 11:38:08 PM »
Former introvert.

I still require a lot of time alone but I have learned to be a surface ambivert. Because of work. Because I got tired of people asking if I am okay when I was 'too quiet'. Because sometimes a magnetic stranger comes along and I am drawn to engaging with them. Also because all and sundry just... want to be around me for god knows what reason. People are prone to the chinwag. I go with the flow most of the time, skew the convo so they talk more than I have to, when I used to just swim away. Or pretend I could not speak English.

I am no longer shy. My shyness disappeared when I cut those who made me doubt myself out of my life or learned to ignore the ones that I still have to see. I remain cautious and reserved. I can still be very quiet and standoffish when I feel like it.

Get me comfortable or interested in you or a topic and I become quite the conversationalist.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:19:10 AM by cosmicwitch »

Offline CheerCaptain18

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 17
  • n00b
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »
I'm just curious...and you must answer truthfully.

Men: Are you quiet in real life? And by quiet I mean reserved, an introvert, etc.

Woman: Same question for you. Are you quiet?

I just wonder if we have something in common and if this is part of having fantasies.

I am so much the opposite of quiet.  Small... but loud mouthed.
Case in point, when I worked at a restaurant, I was the kitchen expediter... because, yeah.

Back to your question, I don't believe this is the commonality for having fantasies.

Now obviously, I don't announce to evvvveeeryone that I have these fantasies...

Offline IndieGuy

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2020, 04:04:51 PM »
Not sure I'd automatically associate 'introvert' with 'quiet' even if there's acknowledged overlap; but I'm definitely an introvert in the sense that I relax and rejuvenate alone.

Offline CheerCaptain18

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 17
  • n00b
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »
Not sure I'd automatically associate 'introvert' with 'quiet' even if there's acknowledged overlap; but I'm definitely an introvert in the sense that I relax and rejuvenate alone.

That's a good point!
I would say the loud mouthiness is from the energy from craving interaction with people

Online acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 62
  • n00b
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2020, 06:30:58 PM »
I'd say I'm almost debilitatingly shy, sensitive and timid in real life and way too inward-looking, although many might perceive me as obnoxious and rude; hard to say. One never really knows how others see you, unless you're close, and I'm not that close to a lot of people... It seems I'm definitely neurotic.😜

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl archon1980