In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Is there a better way to copy/paste stories and stuff?  (Read 270 times)

Offline Kuriosity

• Rep: 102
  • n00b
Is there a better way to copy/paste stories and stuff?
« on: March 05, 2019, 02:51:14 AM »
This is a petty complaint, but pasting stuff from word documents here is a pain in the ass.  :glare: It completely loses the formatting so I have to go through and respace it, redo all the italics, et cetera. Is there a better way to do it?

Offline darkfantasygirl

• WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
  • Rep: 511
  • adorable and scary at the same time
Re: Is there a better way to copy/paste stories and stuff?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 05:01:28 AM »
well, unless this is what you were already doing, you could hit print at the top of the thread, copy and paste it all, and I think it keeps the italics and whatnot, but I'm not sure. you might have to reformat a little but not like copying and pasting from the actual posts on the boards :shrug:

Offline Stalk The Girls

• Stalky McStalkface
  • Rep: 58
  • Do you dare to look back?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 06:30:26 AM »
This is a petty complaint, but pasting stuff from word documents here is a pain in the ass.  :glare: It completely loses the formatting so I have to go through and respace it, redo all the italics, et cetera. Is there a better way to do it?

@Kuriosity I don't actually think there is.  The forum code is different from any word processing app I've come across.  I know it's frustrating, but I don't believe there's a way to copy the formatting across from another platform to here.  The best that I can suggest, which is what I do if I'm writing something specifically to post here, is to type the code into the text as I'm writing it.  For example, if I want something in italics, then I type around the text that I want in italics.  or for bold and for underlining.  That way, when you copy and paste, the code is already there and it displays on the forum as you want it to.

The problem with this is that if you want to add other things to the same text, I think there's a certain order in which the code has to appear in order for it to work properly so it gets confusing, and messy.
Stalky McStalkface

Did you hear that noise behind you?  Do you dare look back?  If you do, will you see me lurking in the shadows?  Watching, waiting. Waiting to take you and claim you as mine. So look behind you, look back if you dare.

Offline Kuriosity

• n00b
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 10:06:53 AM »
@darkfantasygirl Sorry, I more mean copy pasting my own writing from a word document into the text editor here, rather than copy pasting from the board. Should have been clearer about it, sorry! :P

@Stalk The Girls  Damn, I worried that was the case.  :/ I hope that's something that gets tweaked eventually, though I kind of doubt it. Writing the italics and such in as I go is a good idea, though! Thanks for the explanation and advice!

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 1010
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 03:17:08 AM »
@Kuriosity @darkfantasygirl @Stalk The Girls

There are two modes here that you can use when composing a message.
1) Plain Text, which is the default. You must manually enter code which will only show up in preview and the final post.
2) Rich Text, which you may enable by clicking the 'Toggle View' button . In this mode you can see the text as it should appear in the final post.

Rich Text has its own quirks, and hopefully Simple Machines will sort that on the next update so I won't keep having to hunt down mods that compensate. Apollywollygollies for all this forum's quirks, and I truly appreciate those of you who endure the frustration to post your stories here. :worship:

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again. -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Offline Stalk The Girls

• Stalky McStalkface
  • Rep: 58
  • Do you dare to look back?
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 07:36:10 AM »
@darkfantasygirl Sorry, I more mean copy pasting my own writing from a word document into the text editor here, rather than copy pasting from the board. Should have been clearer about it, sorry! :P

@Stalk The Girls  Damn, I worried that was the case.  :/ I hope that's something that gets tweaked eventually, though I kind of doubt it. Writing the italics and such in as I go is a good idea, though! Thanks for the explanation and advice!

@Kuriosity  Happy to help.
Stalky McStalkface

Did you hear that noise behind you?  Do you dare look back?  If you do, will you see me lurking in the shadows?  Watching, waiting. Waiting to take you and claim you as mine. So look behind you, look back if you dare.

Offline Kuriosity

• n00b
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 09:41:02 AM »
Ahh, okay! I'll have to give the view button a shot.  :laugh2: And yesss, hopefully an update will do it. It's worth it, though, and it's really not that big of a deal. Thanks @RayPistonprowl  :x

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl