In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: May/June 2019 Story Contest Theme  (Read 456 times)

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 296
  • Cloaking Device Activated
May/June 2019 Story Contest Theme
« on: May 01, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
This contest is open to submissions from all members of RapeCage. If you are not currently a member, but wish to enter the contest: simply join the site, post your story in the appropriate forum and declare your entry by posting in this thread.

If you haven't yet, please read the Story Contest: Rules thread.

Each contest cycle consists of two, one month long parts. Part one is given to story submissions by members. Part two consists of members voting in a special poll to determine which story best thrills and matches the theme of the contest.

• Story submissions must be posted and announced by the following deadline; May 31st, 2019*
  • Story submissions should be posted to the most appropriate Story Forum based on content. Please post your entry to either Rape Fantasy Stories, BDSM Stories, Extreme Stories or Fan-Fic.
  • Post your intention to enter the contest as a reply in this thread and include the title of the story as well as a hyperlink to the story where it appears on RapeCage.
  • Entries will be reviewed as quickly as possible to ensure they meet the criteria and will then be certified as entered or disqualified until corrected. A follow up post as to status will appear in this thread and certified stories will be moved to the Current Story Contest Entries Forum.
For the May/June 2019 Story Contest cycle the criteria are:
     1)   A Word Count Limit of 2,500 words or less
     2)   A theme of Dorky/Confusion/Yardstick - all 3 elements must be used

Regarding the criteria…

Word Count Limits and member selecting the theme are assigned at random from the latest list in the I Want To Pick The Theme! thread.

RC Member kittyumbrass graced us with the theme this round. Joining me in thanking her for this contribution to the cause.

As always, I used Random.org to generate the choices.

2,500 words is not a hard limit, but if you exceed it by more than 5% (rounded down) you'll be asked to edit and resubmit. Keep an eye on your word count. For most authors it will equal between 5.5 and 7 pages of single spaced text in their word processing application (depending on font, etc).

We do have a general Story Contest discussion thread here: Story Contest: Announcements & General Discussion.

Please keep discussion in this thread related to the May/June 2019 contest cycle.

*May 31st is the target date to close submissions. Time constraints force me to apply a flexible deadline, but I will try to stick as close to month end as I can. Written warning of impending close may appear in this thread at an appropriate time of not less than 24 hours prior.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Online Shocker

• Rep: 100
  • hanging around
Re: May/June 2019 Story Contest Theme
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 06:16:54 PM »
Quick question for my clarification, so a dork is essentially a nerd without the smarts?

I just didn't grew up with those kind of terms.

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 645
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 10:09:20 PM »
Quick question for my clarification, so a dork is essentially a nerd without the smarts?

Pretty much.

Like me, basically XD

Online Shocker

• hanging around
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:11:29 PM »

Pretty much.

Like me, basically XD
@kittyumbrass nice try my dear, i have read to many of your stories, to believe that you lack in the smarts department

Offline Stalk The Girls

• Stalky McStalkface
  • Rep: 56
  • Do you dare to look back?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 07:13:31 AM »

2)   A theme of Dorky/Confusion/Yardstick - all 3 elements must be used

I can't help but wonder how many people are going to get raped with a yardstick over the next month  :rofl:
Stalky McStalkface

Did you hear that noise behind you?  Do you dare look back?  If you do, will you see me lurking in the shadows?  Watching, waiting. Waiting to take you and claim you as mine. So look behind you, look back if you dare.

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 868
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 01:03:14 AM »
So where are the submissions? Are you lot waiting until the last possible minute? Fuxaches you lazy cunts. :nope:

Shut up, I've not started yet either. BUT THERE IS HOPE !!

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again. -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Online Shocker

• hanging around
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »
I have started, but not done yet.

Offline Alec Durbervilles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 07:40:36 PM »
I would like for my story Girls are Evil to be considered for this month's contest.

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 08:38:56 PM »
Certified:

Girls are Evil by @Alec Durbervilles  http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5158.0.html
Entered on time; 2621 words is within tolerance; All 3 theme elements present
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Online Shocker

• hanging around
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 09:55:32 PM »
I finally managed to finish my story, I would like to enter a story called measuring up into the contest. The word count is 1347.
http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5183.new.html#new
I tried to keep the characters as anonymous as possible, so everybody can put their favorite faces into the story. I'll attach tags when the contest is over.

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 645
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 12:16:49 AM »
My entry this round:

Confused Identity: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5185.0.html

Word count (after a hasty edit on realising I'd gone over): 2,609

(The set-up about swapped ID info actually happened to me when I started uni - another woman with the same last name and initials got my library card and login details! It did not lead to either of us getting raped, though)

Offline Alec Durbervilles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 04:59:00 AM »
I'm fairly new to these contests, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the theme elements can be be literal as well as thematic. The element that may be causing hesitance in submitting stories this round is "yardstick." In literary terms, a yardstick is a minor character who remains constant throughout the story and who serves as a way to measure change in the major character. The minor character is the yardstick by which the major character can be seen to change.

But you can treat it as a literal yardstick as well. I hope more stories are submitted. A contest with three entries is not very "contesty."

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 11:24:31 AM »
Certified:

Girls are Evil by Alec Durbervilles  http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5158.0.html
Submitted on time; 2621 words is within tolerance; all 3 theme elements present

Measuring Up by @Shocker  http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5183.0.html
Submitted on time; 1345 words; all 3 theme elements present

Confused Identity by @kittyumbrass  http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5185.0.html
Submitted on time; 2578 words; all 3 theme elements present
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 11:36:55 AM »
I'm fairly new to these contests, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the theme elements can be be literal as well as thematic. The element that may be causing hesitance in submitting stories this round is "yardstick." In literary terms, a yardstick is a minor character who remains constant throughout the story and who serves as a way to measure change in the major character. The minor character is the yardstick by which the major character can be seen to change.

But you can treat it as a literal yardstick as well. I hope more stories are submitted. A contest with three entries is not very "contesty."

I agree that many take the theme elements in far too literal a way. Each writes in their own way, however. :shrug:

On the flip side, I try to see the elements no matter how ethereally they might appear. When in doubt, I'll query the author and any explanation thus far has sufficed to convince me... I think that's only happened twice in the 4 years we've run the contest.

On a general note: I'm inclined to leave the contest open a couple more days to try and bolster the number of entries...
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 06:53:48 PM »
No moar?

Entries Closed.
Designed and directed by