In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Do writers enjoy receiving comments?  (Read 221 times)

Offline ForeverAndAlways

• Rep: 45
Do writers enjoy receiving comments?
« on: May 25, 2019, 05:16:29 AM »
Unsure if this has been asked before, but really...

Stories here receive hundreds, if not thousands, of views, but only a handful of comments. Do y'all like giving comments? Receiving comments? Do you prefer them long, short, with feedback, with compliments, detailed ... or nah? Lmk
"Her shadow plays in the shape of a man's desire"

Offline death2uall

• Rep: 115
  • Rider of the Pale Horse
Re: Do writers enjoy receiving comments?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 09:18:00 AM »
Of COURSE we do. I believe I can say THAT much without fear of contradiction from any relatively sane corner. We ain't posting here for the money, after all ... :rofl:

Concerning what KIND of comments, that's likely a more nuanced and individual answer. Personally, I prefer commentary that criticizes any mistakes ... in plot, logic, characterization, spelling or grammar (HAH! Just TRY finding any spelling or grammar "errors" that weren't placed there deliberately in one of my stories. I dare you ;)), whatever. I don't have an editor, after all. I also like hearing about stuff my readers love or people they hate in my stories. But other authors are almost certainly going to give different answers.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 10:17:10 AM by death2uall »
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of komodo dragons, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

"For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag."  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

"She is starting to damage my calm!"  -- Jayne, Serenity

Online Shocker

• Rep: 103
  • hanging around
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:26:03 AM »
I most certainly crave comments, preferably constructive criticism. I would love to learn what of my stories worked and what left readers cold, or even worse actively angered them. This is more a question of style, because I wouldn’t change much of the substance of a story I tell.

Offline Stalk The Girls

• Stalky McStalkface
  • Rep: 57
  • Do you dare to look back?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 11:22:07 PM »
For me personally yes, I like it when people compliment me of course.  It's always nice when people like the stories you have to tell and the way you tell them.  But I also like to get feedback and constructive criticism.  It's how we develop as humans.  How can we know where we're going wrong if we're not told?  I constantly want to improve my writing so I love it when people give me pointers as to where I'm lacking in my writing.  Even if they don't want to write it in the story's thread, I'm happy to get it by PM.

I guess the same also applies to Role Plays too to an extent.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:23:51 PM by Stalk The Girls »
Stalky McStalkface

Did you hear that noise behind you?  Do you dare look back?  If you do, will you see me lurking in the shadows?  Watching, waiting. Waiting to take you and claim you as mine. So look behind you, look back if you dare.

Offline archon1980

• Oblivion beckons
  • Rep: 67
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:20:52 AM »
I love, love, love getting comments, criticisms, critiques, or what have you.  It encourages me to continue to work on my writing.  It makes me a better writer, which means more people will read and enjoy my work.  It also is nice to be recognized for my work. 

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 873
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 12:53:04 AM »
@ForeverAndAlways The Stories section is our most popular section. As one of the admins here, I can tell you that it gets the most views from the most unique IP addresses. Unfortunately, those views don't always translate into visitors feeling the need to sign up and comment. We have many visitors who never sign up and participate, and I understand that to a degree as they may be loathe to admit such a repulsive fetish. Sometimes they just want to anonymously fap and move on, I suppose. So view any comments you get as special.

Please, all, write for you. Write what you enjoy. If you enjoy a niche fetish, explore it and encourage others who enjoy the same to comment. Create a Bibliography page and encourage visitors who enjoy your work to use the 'Notify' feature on your bibliography thread so when you update with a new post there they'll get an email reminding them you exist and write smut they enjoy!

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again. -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Offline fakevacation

• Lord Elordie
  • Rep: 3
  • Living in the place in between...
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 02:06:55 AM »
Only if they're positive. I need my ego stroked, long and hard.
"What is your greatest ambition?"

"To become immortal...and then die."

- Parvulesco

Offline darkfantasygirl

• WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
  • Rep: 500
  • adorable and scary at the same time
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
Only if they're positive. I need my ego stroked, long and hard.

@fakevacation is that what you named it? :fap:

Offline fakevacation

• Lord Elordie
  • Rep: 3
  • Living in the place in between...
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:12 AM »

@fakevacation is that what you named it? :fap:

No I call it massively grandiose.
"What is your greatest ambition?"

"To become immortal...and then die."

- Parvulesco

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand