In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Sexytime pathfinder reborn starts here!  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Pat Rairchy

• Rep: 75
  • n00b
Re: Sexytime pathfinder reborn starts here!
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2020, 05:51:53 AM »
I shook my head the urge to throw something fatal at the annoying creature goes through me.  But I manage to fight it down by remembering the fact that I am about to fight.  About to kill.  That will be good.  That will keep me calm. 
Don't think.  It strains you.  Don't speak.  It makes you ugly.  Just obey.  Obey and everything will be taken care of.

Offline Minskirty

• Rep: 5
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2020, 03:38:58 PM »
Hannah:

I run up too and look over Zobun. It looks like he has some superficial scratches, but he's otherwise unharmed. Perhaps he's just exhausted. But he could be poisoned or he could have been attacked psychically. I look to one of the men carrying Zobun. "The Kobold who was with him. Did he make it back alright?"

Offline Mosos

• Rep: 23
  • The world's evilest genius.
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2020, 04:10:15 PM »
@Pat Rairchy @archon1980

As you turn your attention back to the match you see rays of blue energy spring from the human's hand as a lone Hobgoblin tries valiantly to fight off both the human's onslaught and a half orc banishing an axe at him. The Hobgoblin's defense falters for a moment and once of the human's rays strikes his side. As the hobgoblin howls in pain the half orc slams his axe in the unprepared man's chest leaviing a deep bleeding gash. The old man rushes to the hobgoblin's side, his power healing the hobgoblin's wound as quickly as it appeared. The stadium erupts in to cheers as the human and the half orc raise their fists in triumph. From above you, you hear a female orc's voice roar with pride. It is not long before you feel something warm glowing in your pocket. With a bright flash of light you are transported to a dimly lit room shoulder to shoulder. You see the old man looking you over. "Now before we begin do you have any allergies to positive energy?"

@Minskirty

One of the men says. "Yes he is here, beat to all hell though ma'am. We are taking Zobun to get a bath and some rest. I think you should talk to the little one, he seems dead set on working."  Barnabus runs off with the two men back to the tavern, clearly concerned about his friend.

Offline archon1980

• Oblivion beckons
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »
I shrug.  Being born in the pit of hell, I was unsure of how positive energy would impact me, so I shrugged again.  The chain around my left hand rattled and I shifted my position.

Offline Minskirty

« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2020, 11:28:28 PM »
Hannah:

Beat to hell? Thoughts of little Wirk trying to dig while bleeding out fill my head for a moment. If their enemy managed to take Zobun down a notch, I can only imagine what they might have done to Wirk. "Thank you." I say to the two men. I nod to them quickly and I run to the trench and climb in. I spot Wirk digging next to Valki and I rush over. His clothes look dirty now and stained with gore.

"Wirk!" I exclaim as I rush over to him. I look him up and down and am relieved to see he's far less beaten up than the men, or his gore stained clothes made it seem. "Are you alright? What happened out there?"

Offline acedick

• Rep: 1
  • Truffle Shuffle Scuffle
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2020, 05:04:32 AM »
Hearing Hannah approach, Wirk looks over, questions of what happened sparks a fairly negative reaction from him, a grunt, likely of frustration and self focused anger. "I was little more than a distraction to the undead...Zobun was able to fight off ten of them and I couldn't even drop one." He hisses, but biting his tongue as he realizes that it sounded like he may have been mad at her. Taking a moment, he tries to look more pleasantly toward her. "Well...it was a mess, there are many of them coming toward this location...but they all stopped to eat the undead that were killed."

With a deep sigh, Wirk starts to bite at one of his claws, mulling over the thoughts he has been having. "A...admittedly I barely escaped with my life. Had it not been for Zobun, I would not have returned." The kobold gives a light smile, happy to have returned alive, yet, the stresses of the coming battle already started weighing on him.

Hushing his voice, Wirk speaks up to the two ladies that were with him. "There were more than fifty...if I had to guess at least a hundred...if it is what it takes to protect this town I will give my life, even if it is only to buy time." Wirk's sapphire eyes glide across the makeshift defenses that were in production, doubt plaguing his mind, doubt that it would not be enough to save the town. "But I am here to work now, tell me how I can best help."

Offline Pat Rairchy

• n00b
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2020, 06:08:49 AM »
Teleportation... such an interesting thing.  And to use it to call people to a single place just for a test.  These people are powerful and I have clearly come to the right place.  I can learn much and wind up with much power.  I have always liked power and knowledge.  "I have no problems with positive energy.  I just want to beat the challenge and end it as quickly as I can."  Since they seem to be more than willing to allow us to prepare my hand comes up to my chest.  Touching it and casting mage armor on myself.  I feel better but at the same time I call up the winds that always surround me making them whirl and dance. Grinning to myself. Those should make me almost impossible to hit.  Even if I have to rely on the creature next to me. 
Don't think.  It strains you.  Don't speak.  It makes you ugly.  Just obey.  Obey and everything will be taken care of.

Offline Mosos

« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2020, 08:28:04 PM »
@archon1980

"Alright boy hold very still, and tell me if this hurts." He pokes in the chest with his finger, you feel eight units of positive energy course through your body.

@Pat Rairchy

The old man turns to you, and nods. "You look ready, when the gates go down the battle will begin, do you have any last questions?"

@acedick @Minskirty @kittyumbrass

The half-elf man returns to the hole dripping the green fluid that coated Zobun's body. "What is this stuff?"

Offline Minskirty

« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
Hannah:

I listen to Wirk's story intently and give him a small nod of understanding after his first remark. Having failed the Paladin's trial three times in my years at the monastery back home I know all too well the frustrations of feeling useless on the battlefield. But it strikes me as odd that the Black tide would stop to cannibalize their own. Usually only Ghouls will devour the flesh of fallen enemies and allies. It's a less common trait for Zombies. When under the direct control of an necromancer or blackguard their controller usually stops his minions from eating one another so he can raise the dead again. Cannibalizing your dead seems especially strange for an undead legion.

Fifty is a lot, and a hundred is even more. It's going to be a rough battle. By my count of our numbers that means each of us would need to slay at least 5 to 10 zombies each without dying ourselves depending on how many people we actually have on the front lines when they arrive. With no word yet from Rachilla's scouting party I can only assume we'll be doing this fight without them.

"Thank you." I give Wirk a warm smile at his offer to help. "We're lucky to have such a brave kobold on our side." I turn and look out at the trenches. (How close are they to being completed at this point?)

"The trenches will give us a terrain advantage when the enemy arrives. It's our top priority, but we still need a second line of defense. I'll need to borrow some of the manpower here to build them." I glance somewhat apologetically to Valki who probably thought the barricades would have been under way by now since that's what I originally set out to do before discovering the skin stealer. "I would have started building them by now but I ran into some trouble with Gelarius along the way."

I motion Valki and Wirk a bit closer and I speak in a low tone so only they can hear. "Gelarius the blacksmith was dead when I got to his shop. A fey creature called a skin stealer was posing as him and from the decay on Gelarius' body it had been masquerading as him for at least a week. I killed the it, but before it died it told me it was working for the black corsairs. According to Barnabas they're the ones the black tide is working for." I pause a moment to gauge the reactions of my companions before I continue. "I don't think that anyone else here is a skin stealer, but be on your guard just in case. I trust both of you and despite what I personally think of Barnabas and his team's motivations for defending this town, I'm fairly certain we can trust that they're not skin stealers either. Keep one of us or one of them close at all times just to be safe."

I lean back a bit to restore a normal talking distance after our small huddle and continue. "You're the only one of us whose   fought the tide, Wirk. How fast were they moving? Could you guess at a time they might arrive? It will help me know where to direct our defense efforts if I know when to expect them."

Upon seeing the elf man return to the trench and ask his question I look over at Wirk as he is the one among who might know the answer.

Offline Pat Rairchy

• n00b
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2020, 05:00:57 AM »
I am working out my goals in my head.  It is unlikely that this battle will be all that difficult.  I am feeling confident.  They seem to have a surplus of sword swingers but I have not seen another mage wandering around.  Should be easy enough to overwhelm the feeble minds of those types.  And if they have to be bloodied for us to be declared winners the person whom I have attached myself to seems more than eager to actually do that.  My head shook from side to side.  Saying no.  It is a little late for questions anyway I thought.  Nothing else.  No time to prepare or anything like that.  "I just want to get this over with."

Offline acedick

• Rep: 1
  • Truffle Shuffle Scuffle
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2020, 08:46:42 AM »
"Hm? Oh that came from the undead when they were killed, I assumed that to be blood, but I didn't get a chance to study it." Stepping over to it, Wirk looks it over, unsure but trying to identify it. (Knowledge Arcana 15 total.)

Wirk looks to Magda, biting his claw once again, trying to think if he knew anything about these Skinwalkers. (Knowledge Nature 24 total.) "This does not bode well."

Thinking more about the approaching horde, Wirk looks to the trenches again, trying to think about how long it would take, his mind going faster than he could keep up with. Finally his mind goes back to what Hannah said about him being brave, finally parsing the compliment, sparking a blush from the Kobold. "I-I just was doing what I thought was right, m-my father taught me that All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." His tail twitches, wagging lightly as he continued digging until he grabs his tail out of embarrassment.

He clears his throat again, speaking up. "Though the fact that they are cannibalizing their...re-dead does give me an idea, they didn't seem to have any controller or anything, so they seem fairly easily distracted. Perhaps we could use this to our advantage!"

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 680
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2020, 12:00:41 PM »
Valki:

It seems a lot has been happening while I got muddy and dirty digging the defensive ditches and ramparts. The news that there may be infiltrators disguised as villagers is deeply disturbing, and the size of the attacking undead horde scares me, too. But we are in this for good now, with no escape.

Wirk and Hannah seem to know a lot more about these things than I do. I look along the length of the ditch across the road, and the piles of earth banked up behind it.

"Should we start putting in the wooden stakes to hold the Tide back as well now? And I'm sure we could use fire as well, if we put plenty of fuel in the bottom of the ditch? I'm happy to keep digging here though."

Offline Minskirty

« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2020, 04:01:20 PM »
Hannah:

I smile at Wirk's comment about what his father said. "Your father sounds very wise." I say. "The fact that they cannibalize their own should give us a good head start if we do need to retreat. If their hunger is for flesh in general we could control their movements through the city by creating a trail of it for them to follow. Though I'm not entirely sure where we would get the bait." I turn to Valki. "Yes. The trench looks ready enough for the stakes to go in. Keep up the good work digging here. I'll grab a couple people and start working on the barricades. Hopefully no distractions this time."

Offline Mosos

« Reply #313 on: February 15, 2020, 08:23:15 PM »
@Minskirty

(The trench you are standing in is 90% completed, the other trench is only 60% completed. )

You find lithe man from before splitting logs along side the man the elf was sitting on. Each time they swing another log is split length ways. You spot the elf ranger watching them as she dips arrows in pitch, fidgeting nervously.

@acedick

(You identify the substance as alchemical, it appears to be the reason the undead move. Beyond that you are unclear.)

(You recognize a skinwalker as a dark fey, this confirms the suspicions of the Seelie court. The rebels have found a way to contact the fey-wilds, or worse can invade them directly.)

@archon1980

"Well you aren't dead boy, so you should be good to go." The old man smiles menacingly, his eyes shrouded in shadow.

@Pat Rairchy

The old man turns to you, his robe sweeping the ground. "Do try not to embarrass yourselves, and remember once I step in to save one of your lives your fight is over and you will leave the arena and return here." The iron gate before you lifts letting in light from the arena.

Archon and Pat: Roll initiative! 

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 08:25:00 PM by Mosos »

Offline Pat Rairchy

• n00b
« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2020, 07:55:43 AM »
(16+3 for a total of 19.  Hey.. there goes my one good roll for the entire game)

Pakraish grunts at the unnecessary showmanship of this.  Since getting shot directly into the arena would have worked just as well.  And the man who is speaking like he thinks us to go down in a spray of blood.  I know that I do not wear armor but I am no pushover.  I intend to show it here today.  And work my way up until I am running this fucking place.

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl