In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Description: It's been a while since my brother has lived with myself and our parents, and since he's moved back in he's been... different.

Tags:

Author Topic: The Inventor (with the savage)  (Read 49 times)

Offline darkfantasygirl

• WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
  • Rep: 517
  • adorable and scary at the same time
The Inventor (with the savage)
« on: October 10, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »
   My brother is older than me. He's 31, I'm 18. It's weird having him home after he's been to college for so long, and now he's got a job as an engineer at an invention firm that pays him to create these awesome machines. When I was little I was so excited that he was going to be a scientist, but now that he's back, and I have to finish up my senior year in high school, we're not jiving too well together.

This is mostly because I need to sleep to concentrate on school and he is constantly working in our basement at all hours of the night. Has been for weeks and, even though this is a Saturday, I still need my rest so I can concentrate on my physics homework later. So I find myself slowly calming myself down as I jump out of bed, the banging still going in the garage, and storm down to the basement to bang on the door, screaming at the top of my lungs, “Hey? Are you about done in there? I'm trying to get some sleep. It's like 6:30 in the morning!!”

He normally keeps the door locked, which I try and realize is the case this time, too, but the noise is stopped and I can hear footsteps coming toward the door. I just take a deep breath and remind myself that he could make a lot of money with one good invention.

Offline the savage

• Rep: 395
  • everything is better with blood
Re: The Inventor (with the savage)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 06:51:09 AM »
It is a humiliating experience.  So long working on all the degrees, showing that I am brilliant, only to wind up back in my old house.  With the parents and the child that they had unexpectedly so late in their lives.  Because nobody really understands what I do, the thoughts that fizzle constantly in my brain.  Nobody understands what I do, both a blessing and a curse.  A curse because it means it is impossible to hold a job anywhere.  They keep firing me for being too crazy, too out there.  Mocking me as a mad scientist.  But the blessing is because when nobody understands what I do I don't have to explain it.  Don't have to work all that hard in order to come up with a cover story about being fired, again.  They think I am still employed, but trying to save money living here.  It isn't the case but it covers the humiliation of my life.

This will work.  I think it is done.  The soddering is complete.  If this is right it will harmonize with brain waves and create automatic complaince.  Just... how the fuck to test it.  I was wondering on that when there is a knock on the door.  My sister, coming to annoy me.  Not understanding I am going to change the world.  I normally ignore her, like I always had, because of the age gap between us.  Thirteen years is a long time. But.... I do need a subject.

I step over and open the door.  "I think it works.  Are you willing to help me?"
No. To crush your enemies, and see them fall at your feet - to take their horses and belongings, and to hear the lamentation of their women. That is the best life.
-genghis khan

Offline darkfantasygirl

• WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
  • Rep: 517
  • adorable and scary at the same time
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 08:30:51 AM »
I was disappointed that there was no apology for waking me up. I know he has things to worry about, too, and even though it's a Saturday, I have to cram for a physics final on Monday. A final that has been drilled in for weeks that is more than 80 percent of our grade. So that means if I get less than a B on it, I fail my physics class and have to retake it over the summer to graduate! That is not going to happen!

But he said that it was finished, or I thought that's what he said. Either way, I had to take a double take and it almost made me forget about my problems, too. Almost.

"Wait, what? It's done?" And then he asks for help. "Help with what? Like a test?" I'm a little uneasy but he did take years of electrical engineering and a few other things that I'm unaware of. "Sure," I let roll out of my mouth, "But since you're done with it you can help me study for my physics final, right?" I giggle. What older brother would refuse such a nice, entertaining night than trying to help their kid sister learn physics, of all things.

I walk down into the basement with my brother, and it seems normal, except for a white sheet I can only assume is covering his... whatever it is.

Offline the savage

• Rep: 395
  • everything is better with blood
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »
You talked about helping me for helping you. Of course my family thinks like that.  Nobody understands the idea of pure science, of knowledge just for the glory of knowledge. ANd you asked me to do something so far beneath my education level that it is insulting.  I was out of high school at fifteen.  Out of college with my first degree at eighteen.  And grabbing up more and more until now.  Until the money finally dried up a few years ago and I was told to get a job.  Then unimigantive boss after boss without vision lead me to here.  Doesn't matter I am going to show it off.

I pulled back the sheet that I had hastily thrown over it.  It is a delicate piece of machinery.  Until I was sure of how robust it was an errant piece of dust might set me back.  I will not have that happening.  I will not allow it.

What is on the table is probably not what you were expecting.  It was a pair of rings connected together with a little wiring.  Ready to slip over any two fingers and adjust to it.  When people think of the mind they think of the head.  But to the brain the head is just a helmet.  Over fifty percent of our neurological signals are focused on the hands, with the bulk remaining to the eyes.  "Put these on.  Beware, they are going to shift and move... so don't freak out over it."
No. To crush your enemies, and see them fall at your feet - to take their horses and belongings, and to hear the lamentation of their women. That is the best life.
-genghis khan

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl