In Chat Now:

Author Topic: January/February 2020 Story Contest Theme  (Read 720 times)

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 302
  • Cloaking Device Activated
January/February 2020 Story Contest Theme
« on: January 03, 2020, 12:28:50 PM »
Look, I fucked up, OK?

My work life is... changing evolving gone to shit ...becoming redefined of late and I totally blanked on needing a theme until this very morning when I closed the poll. I'm eminently apologetic.

So I had to think of something because I don't want to make y'all wait while I find someone to dream up a theme. And we've done the Random Theme Generator thing a lot this past year. I fired up maybe two or three neurons (or channeled my inner moron?) and came up with something hopefully broad enough, yet still focused enough. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but what is? It's not on my list of personal turn-ons, but having written some I feel pretty strongly that most anyone could fit it organically into a story. Some stories just naturally go there, I mean to say. Read on... And then, hopefully, write on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This contest is open to submissions from all members of RapeCage. If you are not currently a member, but wish to enter the contest: simply join the site, post your story in the appropriate forum and declare your entry by posting in this thread.

If you haven't yet, please read the Story Contest: Rules thread.

Each contest cycle consists of two, one month long parts. Part one is given to story submissions by members. Part two consists of members voting in a special poll to determine which story best thrills and matches the theme of the contest.

• Story submissions must be posted and announced by the following deadline; January 31st, 2020*
  • Story submissions should be posted to the most appropriate Story Forum based on content. Please post your entry to either Rape Fantasy Stories, BDSM Stories, Extreme Stories, Fan-Fic or Stories.
  • Post your intention to enter the contest as a reply in this thread and include the title of the story as well as a hyperlink to the story where it appears on RapeCage.
  • Entries will be reviewed as quickly as possible to ensure they meet the criteria and will then be certified as entered or disqualified until corrected. A follow up post as to status will appear in this thread and certified stories will be moved to the Current Story Contest Entries Forum.
For the January/February 2020 Story Contest cycle the criteria are:
     1)   No Word Count Limit - write to any length
     2)   A theme of Snuff Fest 2020 - your story must include snuff [the kink of sexualizing murder and/or the moment of death NOT the act of sniffing finely ground tobacco into your sinus passages]

Regarding the criteria…

Word Count Limits and member selecting the theme are [usually] assigned at random from the latest list in the I Want To Pick The Theme! thread.

We do have a general Story Contest discussion thread here: Story Contest: Announcements & General Discussion.

Please keep discussion in this thread related to the January/February 2020 contest cycle.

*January 31st is the target date to close submissions. Time constraints force me to apply a flexible deadline, but I will try to stick as close to month end as I can. Written warning of impending close may appear in this thread at an appropriate time of not less than 24 hours prior.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Eigniu

• Writer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 68
  • Céasadh
Re: January/February 2020 Story Contest Theme
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »
NOT the act of sniffing finely ground tobacco into your sinus passages

Me and my Queen Anne-themed story idea would like to have words with you.

Offline Kuriosity

• Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 110
  • n00b
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
Hey, I'm throwing my proverbial hat in the ring of this contest with Snuff Out the Candles!
http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5590.0.html

Offline Mr Entretoute

• artist’s impression
  • Rep: 21
  • confession is half the fun
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:22:53 PM »
I'm going to have to think about this. Because right now all I have is a title. (Said the Viscount to the influencer.)
Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
And universal Darkness buries All.

Offline kittyumbrass

• Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 694
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 12:14:44 AM »
Wow. The idea I had at the start of the month really took off.

I'm already at 11.9k words and it looks likely this thing will hit 20k before the grand finale.

Would people actually be able and willing to read such a monster in time to vote for it, if I posted it as a single entry, or should I find a reasonable break-off/cliffhanger and post the rest after the contest ends?

Offline Shocker

• Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 128
  • hanging around
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 08:47:35 AM »
Wow. The idea I had at the start of the month really took off.

I'm already at 11.9k words and it looks likely this thing will hit 20k before the grand finale.

Would people actually be able and willing to read such a monster in time to vote for it, if I posted it as a single entry, or should I find a reasonable break-off/cliffhanger and post the rest after the contest ends?

I’m  in two minds over this, while I don’t mind reading a story with so many words, especilaaly one written by you, the snuff theme is something I would usually avoid reading in the first place.

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Putzmeister - my wife picked the title :(
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 129
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 01:24:53 PM »
Singapore Black and Blues

I haven't been writing much, but this one's been sitting around unfinished for a couple years. A couple hours to finish it wasn't too much to ask.

I resisted the urge to throw in some tobacco snuff just to be cheeky.
Yesterday I stopped a woman from being brutally raped. Turned out I was able to talk her into it after all.

Offline Alec Durbervilles

• Winning Author
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 08:58:02 PM »
I would like to enter my story The Buried Girl for this month's contest. I trust you'll let me know if I need to make adjustments to the story to meet the qualifications.
For a list of Alec Durberville's stories, check out this link.

Offline ShySweetie

• ~Daddy's Babygirl~
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 64
  • ~Marshmallow Pwincess~
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 05:16:32 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try~ So, here's Red Room.

http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,5615.0.html
"I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's in it"

Offline Elunatic

• Writer
  • Rep: 16
  • Whips and chains, contains the remedy to unlock me
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 03:38:55 AM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:43:19 AM by Elunatic »
Twisted, deep, dark, stirrings, Am I sane or a memory that remains.

Offline Mr Entretoute

• artist’s impression
  • Rep: 21
  • confession is half the fun
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 09:15:42 PM »
There won’t be a story from me, I’m afraid.

The title, in the unlikely event that anyone would have been interested, was going to be Choke the Woke, about a university lecturer who cracks. Any resemblance is purely coincidental bla bla bla.
Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
And universal Darkness buries All.

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Administrator
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 1038
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 12:07:05 AM »
There won’t be a story from me, I’m afraid.

The title, in the unlikely event that anyone would have been interested, was going to be Choke the Woke, about a university lecturer who cracks. Any resemblance is purely coincidental bla bla bla.

@Mr Entretoute That title is barking mad, would still love to see that once you actually write it. ;)

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
My strap on is also hung like Ron Jeremy's ponysona and will totes raep your ankle. -Ingenue

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Administrator
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 12:08:55 AM »
Bugger, it's 29 Jan and I'm just now getting round to thinking about this. @Red Right Hand I sympathise with the lack of time here of late and appreciate your efforts here all the more! :worship:

Don't hurt him too much, especially his face. I want to use it as my throne at some point. -cosmicwitch
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
My strap on is also hung like Ron Jeremy's ponysona and will totes raep your ankle. -Ingenue

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Administrator
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 12:18:01 AM »
@the savage This is right up your alley, mate. Surely you can cook something up in a day or two?

Offline the savage

• Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 432
  • everything is better with blood
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 06:14:08 PM »
@the savage This is right up your alley, mate. Surely you can cook something up in a day or two?

I know @RayPistonprowl that it is right up my alley.  I even have stories planned in my head.. the problem has been finding the  time to sit down and write them down.
No. To crush your enemies, and see them fall at your feet - to take their horses and belongings, and to hear the lamentation of their women. That is the best life.
-genghis khan

Saying have a nice day is pleasant.  Telling someone to enjoy the next twenty four hours is a threat.

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl archon1980