In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
  • Why a RapeCage story contest? 5 1
Currently:  
Description: The purpose of this contest is to encourage new members, as well as showing our writers some love.

Tags:

Author Topic: Why a RapeCage story contest?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Ingenue

• Pupstart
  • Rep: 1240
  • Not seeking new RPs just now.
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
Why a RapeCage story contest?
« on: March 01, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
Some of these things are true and some of them lies. But they are all good stories.
―Hilary Mantel

The story of The RapeCage Story Contest is this:

Once upon a time, there was a club of friends with an unusual interest. One day their clubhouse disappeared and the friends were scattered to the winds. A little while passed.

A man and a woman built a new clubhouse. To the new clubhouse, they invited all the friends they still knew how to find. Then, one of those friends hung a sign outside the door, reading: "Welcome! Warmth and wine within."

This is that sign.

Every fairy tale had a bloody lining. Every one had teeth and claws.
―Alice Hoffman

So, anyway.

The purpose of The RapeCage Story Contest is this:

It's a special effort to make writers welcome here. We love your words and we're grateful for them. The master-crafted and the little heartfelt tales wobbling around on newborn lamb legs and all in between. When you join the contest, you'll be competing against other writers and against yourself, to make something pretty and meaty out of the three themes someone else picked to challenge you. This, too, is intended to be fun.

It also doesn't hurt that winners get to wear a shiny new badge as they join an elite membergroup:
Winning Authors

Sometimes we readers read and forget to leave a comment, or can't think of the words and forget to come back later, or are reading as a guest and feel like signing up just to say hello would be too embarrassing and take too long. This is also an effort to be better about all of that.

We know a lot of people flit around the site and don't sign up or post. This is also an effort to entice them in.

Stories are the wildest things of all. Stories chase and bite and hunt.
―Patrick Ness

Get chasing, biting and hunting, everyone! Words are your weapons. Make sure they're sharp.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:20:47 PM by Addie »
she thought really hard about biting them so hard they would almost feel it, and they ran away because scawypet is scawy. ~kittyumbrass
You savage ~the savage
When Ingy stares at me with large moist eyes I just raep her. ~RayPistonprowl
I just squeed so hard I farted ~RayPistonprowl

Likes and limits on my profile!

Offline Tragedy

• No one's Angel
  • Rep: 144
  • Wayward soul
Re: Why a RapeCage story contest?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
That explanation was beautiful in itself, well done!
If there is beauty in the breaking then make me gorgeous.
I can make hell feel like home.

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 270
  • Cloaking Device Activated
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:58:11 PM »
That explanation was beautiful in itself, well done!

She does have a silver tongue, that one... And a tale to drive men mad...
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Malaya

• Feel Me ...
  • Rep: 14
  • Vet
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 02:18:23 AM »
Some of these things are true and some of them lies. But they are all good stories.
―Hilary Mantel

The story of The RapeCage Story Contest is this:

Once upon a time, there was a club of friends with an unusual interest. One day their clubhouse disappeared and the friends were scattered to the winds. A little while passed.

A man and a woman built a new clubhouse. To the new clubhouse, they invited all the friends they still knew how to find. Then, one of those friends hung a sign outside the door, reading: "Welcome! Warmth and wine within."

This is that sign.

Every fairy tale had a bloody lining. Every one had teeth and claws.
―Alice Hoffman

So, anyway.

The purpose of The RapeCage Story Contest is this:

It's a special effort to make writers welcome here. We love your words and we're grateful for them. The master-crafted and the little heartfelt tales wobbling around on newborn lamb legs and all in between. When you join the contest, you'll be competing against other writers and against yourself, to make something pretty and meaty out of the three themes someone else picked to challenge you. This, too, is intended to be fun.

It also doesn't hurt that winners get to wear a shiny new badge as they join an elite membergroup:
Winning Authors

Sometimes we readers read and forget to leave a comment, or can't think of the words and forget to come back later, or are reading as a guest and feel like signing up just to say hello would be too embarrassing and take too long. This is also an effort to be better about all of that.

We know a lot of people flit around the site and don't sign up or post. This is also an effort to entice them in.

Stories are the wildest things of all. Stories chase and bite and hunt.
―Patrick Ness

Get chasing, biting and hunting, everyone! Words are your weapons. Make sure they're sharp.

We begin the story with .. " welcome, warmth and wine within " ? And start from there ?
Wanted_Dead_Or_Alive

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 270
  • Cloaking Device Activated
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:48:32 PM »
We begin the story with .. " welcome, warmth and wine within " ? And start from there ?

No. Start the story however you like. Just make sue it fits in the word count limit for the contest cycle and matches the theme. Both of those will be in the Submissions announcement thread.

Ingenue is simply spinning a yarn about the site and the contest coming together when she posted those words.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl