In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: Story Contest: Announcements & General Discussion  (Read 8681 times)

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 250
  • Cloaking Device Activated
Re: Story Contest: Announcements & General Discussion
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »
The May/June 2015 Contest Cycle is Now Open

For the May/June 2015 Story Contest cycle the criteria are:
     1)   A Word Count Limit of 4,200 words or less
     2)   A theme of Implements/Improvisation/Impersonal - all 3 elements must be used

The cryptic selection process broke down and then adequate time for someone to come up with a nice set of conditions began to fade. In the end I personally chose the 3 tags for the theme. Hopefully they will serve...

4,200 words is not a hard limit, but if you exceed it by too much you’ll be asked to edit and resubmit. Keep an eye on your word count. For most authors it will equal between 10 and 11 pages of single spaced text in their word processing application. I didn't get much feedback on the word count limit so I set the level at what I thought would be best.

What do you think of the Theme?
What do you think of the Word Count Limit?
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Rep: 161
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2015, 04:41:26 PM »
Thanks for setting this up. As to your questions, the word count is something I don't really care about one way or the other and the theme is giving me problems this month. I don't tend to work impersonal stories.

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: Madam Jiggler
  • Rep: 696
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2015, 06:08:50 PM »
Thanks for setting this up. As to your questions, the word count is something I don't really care about one way or the other and the theme is giving me problems this month. I don't tend to work impersonal stories.

Me too! For me, the harder part is the improvisational part. BUT, I've been brainstorming for about a week and I think I've got something interesting in the works. Not my usual first person victim style, but there's definite potential. Now I just need to find the time to start.
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Ingenue

• Puppygiwl MISTWESS!!1
  • Rep: 1012
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's Tumblr full of petgirls, jesters and poniponiponi
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »
I'm mulling over the themes too, but I get a -4 on improvised weapons and my strength is low.
Last night, when I took off my bra, I shouted "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" and B pissed himself. ~pinkwarkitten14
*sucks Ray's clit* ~MamaMeadow
Ingy your twat was so tight it felt like a squillion rubber bands cutting off my willy's circulation. ~RayPistonprowl

Limits

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2015, 07:53:29 PM »
S  t  r  e  t  c  h  .  .  .

It was almost Implements/Improvisation/Impersonation, but I though that too obvious. (Cue a whole slew of not-really-a-cop stories.) I'll be honest the Impersonal is hard, I know, and I've a solid idea: it wants to have personal intrude at several junctures though. It's making me sweat a bit and I came up with the darn thing...
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Ingenue

• Puppygiwl MISTWESS!!1
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2015, 05:37:58 PM »
Heh, if you chose them based on an idea you'd already had, then we'd sulk about it. Good to know we're on equal fuzzy footing. XD
Last night, when I took off my bra, I shouted "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" and B pissed himself. ~pinkwarkitten14
Ingy your twat was so tight it felt like a squillion rubber bands cutting off my willy's circulation. ~RayPistonprowl

Limits

Offline Ingenue

• Puppygiwl MISTWESS!!1
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2015, 05:39:03 PM »
And it doesn't specify who is impersonal... I think there will be possibilities.

Limits

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2015, 12:15:10 AM »
Ingy... Smart as she is sexy.

The theme elements are words and words are somewhat mutable and open to interpretation. Absolutely.

After 8 days of mulling it over the Turkey Timer in my brain popped up tonight and I see the way forward.

I can now start writing. That's not to say I haven't been working. Maps. A lot depends on the correct set pieces. I have the location nailed down quite nicely. All the elements necessary to build frisson can be had in the environs of West 11th Street and Bleeker.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline FrodoKreuger

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »
I've had several ideas crop up, but not one of them is good enough to be interesting to write, either because they're too obvious or don't capture the theme properly (eg substituting unresponsive for impersonal). I think I'll skip it this month too and give the contest a final look next time. Good luck all, I look forward to reading your entries.

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2015, 07:24:08 AM »
I've had several ideas crop up, but not one of them is good enough to be interesting to write, either because they're too obvious or don't capture the theme properly (eg substituting unresponsive for impersonal). I think I'll skip it this month too and give the contest a final look next time. Good luck all, I look forward to reading your entries.

NOOOOooooooooo!!

:(
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline FrodoKreuger

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2015, 03:38:40 PM »
?

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
?

Translation: I was hoping you'd enter the contest and write, but you announced you wouldn't. :)

Offline FrodoKreuger

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:22 PM »
I would if everything I came up with wasn't garbage or didn't quite fit. Hopefully I'll do better next month, sorry. I'm just not quite as creative as some of you.

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2015, 07:06:50 PM »
After letting the ideas stew and percolate a couple weeks, I was able to spend much of the day writing. I'm up to 2200 words so far, and a little over half way finished. This one will need time in the edit/chopping room, that's for sure. It's definitely a different kind of story for me. I usually like to play with personal, forced intimacy, and I ALWAYS write in first person. This time around I have neither!  :O Nevertheless, I'm feeling a little proud this evening, knowing I'm pushing my limits and working outside the/my box on this one. Thank you for the topic, RRH!

Anyone else working on an entry? I hope??

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 547
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »
I am not yet working on an entry, but is this right? we truly get only 14 more days?  :shocked: @Red Right Hand

I suppose I'll have to step lively then!
My sister made a horse hump He-Man. I get it, man. I get it. *solemn face* Oh shit. *bans self* :facepalm: -Addie
Like Pepe LePew, sometimes you just gotta take the pussy. -The Demented Wizard
Listen up you cretinfaced knobcheese...you need to back the fuck truck up and park yerself in it. -wetslut
Who burns their tits on the stove while boiling water? I'll tell you. This chick does. -southernbelle
There's nothing like coming home and taking off your bra after a long, hard day of having boobs. -lysyn

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin