In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: Story Contest: Announcements & General Discussion  (Read 8682 times)

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 399
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
Re: Story Contest: Announcements & General Discussion
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2015, 08:46:56 PM »
I haven't managed to work out a way to squeeze my idea into the categories properly, alas, and my proper writing that hopefully is going to earn me a modicum of money sometime soon, is progressing rapidly. I want to stay focussed on that for the next couple of weeks so I can get to the next phase of the process (and start thinking about hiring an editor, or at least, raising the funds to do so).

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 250
  • Cloaking Device Activated
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2015, 09:02:41 PM »
After letting the ideas stew and percolate a couple weeks, I was able to spend much of the day writing. I'm up to 2200 words so far, and a little over half way finished. This one will need time in the edit/chopping room, that's for sure. It's definitely a different kind of story for me. I usually like to play with personal, forced intimacy, and I ALWAYS write in first person. This time around I have neither!  :O Nevertheless, I'm feeling a little proud this evening, knowing I'm pushing my limits and working outside the/my box on this one. Thank you for the topic, RRH!

Anyone else working on an entry? I hope??

The above quote warms my heart. I would hope we get at least as many entries this round as last (5).

It is the essence of commission work that you may need to write outside your wheelhouse and a great reason to participate in these things. It is also good for you to exercise the creative muscles.

I'm working on one... It's very well formed and rich in detail in my mind. I've put in a lot of research and continue to do so. Just last night I was staring at the ceiling, mouth agape and Silk asked if I was alright. "Working hard," I replied. Some of it is even on virtual paper...
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: Madam Jiggler
  • Rep: 701
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2015, 01:59:56 PM »
I'm working on one... It's very well formed and rich in detail in my mind. I've put in a lot of research and continue to do so. Just last night I was staring at the ceiling, mouth agape and Silk asked if I was alright. "Working hard," I replied. Some of it is even on virtual paper...

LOLOLOL!!  :))
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
What can I say... I outline, insert and discard in my head a lot before I get to writing the bits down. I like my logistics pretty nailed down and consistent when I can manage it. Or it's an automatic writing experience where I just channel stuff.

Due to the thematic constraints of this round it is definitely a lot of research and mental prep.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Ingenue

• Puppygiwl MISTWESS!!1
  • Rep: 1013
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's Tumblr full of petgirls, jesters and poniponiponi
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2015, 05:54:35 PM »
Oh gosh, I just kind of write whatever comes into my head and sometimes give it a cursory edit. :D Never gonna be a pro right here!
Last night, when I took off my bra, I shouted "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" and B pissed himself. ~pinkwarkitten14
*sucks Ray's clit* ~MamaMeadow
Ingy your twat was so tight it felt like a squillion rubber bands cutting off my willy's circulation. ~RayPistonprowl

Limits

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Rep: 161
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2015, 12:56:24 AM »
OK, having been entirely certain I couldn't come up with something for impersonal, I have. Of course, I got so excited about having found a way to make that bit work I forgot about the others and am having to force implements and improvisation into the thing in a round about way. It's not going to be great, it's certainly not going to be long, but I should be able to make an entry in this contest. Thanks for the inspiration to get writing again.

Oh, last time the contest winner won a prize. I'm not sure if that was just an inaugural thing or a regular thing, I'm also not sure if it was something you just paid for or something you had as a free offer from somewhere and so could give it away easily. However, should it be a regular thing with a monetary equivalent, and should I ever win (this one won't), I'd actually rather you make a donation to a charity (I choose ASAN: Autism Self Advocacy Network) than give me anything.

Again, thanks.

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »
Great to hear you are back in... The more the merrier of course. I'm sure everyone wins when more people enter and I'm also sure there are some out there that will like any offering be it kinky enough.  That's the beauty of the thing, IMHO; authors offer readers a panoply of tales around a theme and readers give the authors something to strive for... An audience receptive to their slant on the erotica genre. I'm sure it exposes each to the other in a positive way whether you actually win the thing or don't. Most likely someone will read what you wrote and let you know in some way... I like the way you think.

As for a prize... There likely will be one. I'm still debating. And it is a reward system I cash in points from in order to get a redemption code so my options are limited as my income. Even though I continue to amass points, I'm also burning up a surplus I have stored. I'd love to splash charity $ around in honor of a winner, it just isn't practical for me at this juncture.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Ingenue

• Puppygiwl MISTWESS!!1
  • Rep: 1013
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's Tumblr full of petgirls, jesters and poniponiponi
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
No expectation on you to provide prizes, RRP. If you ever find you can't afford it, we'll work out a different way to honor the winner. Maybe they get their choice of quote on the front page for a time or something. Or... within reason, subject to the admins' sense check. ;)
Last night, when I took off my bra, I shouted "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!" and B pissed himself. ~pinkwarkitten14
*sucks Ray's clit* ~MamaMeadow
Ingy your twat was so tight it felt like a squillion rubber bands cutting off my willy's circulation. ~RayPistonprowl

Limits

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: Madam Jiggler
  • Rep: 701
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2015, 06:57:20 PM »
No expectation on you to provide prizes, RRP. If you ever find you can't afford it, we'll work out a different way to honor the winner. Maybe they get their choice of quote on the front page for a time or something. Or... within reason, subject to the admins' sense check. ;)

I admit, the "winner's trophy" of the words, "winning author" on my profile pic is pretty great. I would be perfectly happy with simply that, as I would guess most would feel the same. :)
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline LiskaHunter

• Rep: 83
  • Mandalore the Violator
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2015, 08:57:44 PM »
What can I say... I outline, insert and discard in my head a lot before I get to writing the bits down. I like my logistics pretty nailed down and consistent when I can manage it. Or it's an automatic writing experience where I just channel stuff.

Due to the thematic constraints of this round it is definitely a lot of research and mental prep.

Damn!  I barely have an idea of what I want to write and just go for it...  Maybe that's why I'm not a professional.

Oh gosh, I just kind of write whatever comes into my head and sometimes give it a cursory edit. :D Never gonna be a pro right here!

Same here, except for the edit part.  I have a Master's in English, and my professors always hated that I never had an outline.  I had to make them up sometimes (and fake drafts!) to meet the damn rubrics.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2015, 11:09:42 PM »

Damn!  I barely have an idea of what I want to write and just go for it...  Maybe that's why I'm not a professional.

Yeah, but I overly complicate shit and turn some readers off...  :cry:
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2015, 02:04:20 PM »
With the recent Outage on RC...

Do we need an additional 48 hours submission time?
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 792
    • RapeCage
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2015, 02:26:56 PM »
It might help. I think it's entirely possible some people freaked out after 4 days of this site being down and maybe thought it went the way of RD (it won't, we'll always bring it back online as long as people want it here). I wouldn't be surprised if some people spazzed and wouldn't continue writing until they knew if the site would be back.

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Rep: 161
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »
Or, as I did, use it as an excuse to get lazy and play WoW instead of writing... le sigh. Haven't come up with a new wall either! :(

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2015, 10:59:14 PM »
Me thinks Addie is right.

48 more hours allotted to submit stories. New deadline is June 02, 2015 at 11:59 PM GMT.

That means put away the WOW, Frashley.

Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin