In Chat Now:
  • What shows are you watching/bingeing? 4 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: What shows are you watching/bingeing?  (Read 7354 times)

Online acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 360
  • Non-existent
Re: What shows are you watching/bingeing?
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2022, 12:42:43 PM »
Watching the second season of Russian Doll. I liked the first season a lot, and I'm liking the second season also.

Online acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Non-existent
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2022, 01:04:06 PM »
Just started watching"Brand New Cherry Flavor" because of @cosmicwitch 's post.🙂

Online acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Non-existent
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2022, 07:20:19 PM »
Watched all the episodes for "Brand New Cherry Flavor" that are available on Netflix so far. It is brilliantly brutally fucked up in that Netflixy way. Thanks for recommending it, @cosmicwitch ! :)  I think I stayed away because of the cute little alien- or supernatural/fake-looking baby animal in the original picture for the series; now that I know what the creature is, and where it came from, and that it didn't start talking like Dr. Heimerdinger from Arcane, I don't mind it at all; it's just another gross, fucked-up element of the show... ;)  I was surprised to see Filipino-Canadian actor Manny Jacinto who played Jason on "The Good Place" in a much different (and smaller) role in "...Cherry Flavor". I have liked Katherine Keener in other stuff, like "Being John Malkovich" and "The 40-Year-Old Virgin", but I think "Cherry Flavor" is my favourite performance by her that I've seen so far. And Rosa Salazar is great in the lead role as a young aspiring film director getting her first big break. As well as Eric Lange as the cynical Weinsteinesque producer. Also thanks for turning me on to "Hannibal"! I still haven't found a feasible way to watch the remaining episodes of season three that I missed when that show disappeared from Netflix. And thank you @Shocker for recommending "The Good Place". I'm watching it again. I think it's my all-time favourite comedy series to binge-watch. And thank you @Cobra for your post which got me to binge-watch "Lucifer"! I'm glad I started this thread; it has been very illuminating and helpful to me, not that I had that in mind when I started it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 07:34:25 PM by acidredux »

Offline SoftGameHunter

• Putzmeister - my wife picked the title :(
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 158
  • That's me in the pic. I'm the tall one.
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2022, 01:32:43 AM »
I just binged both seasons of Russian Doll. It's a pretty good show considering there isn't a single character I'd ever want to spend any real time with.
Yesterday I stopped a woman from being brutally raped. Turned out I was able to talk her into it after all.

Online acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Non-existent
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2022, 01:12:47 PM »
I just binged both seasons of Russian Doll. It's a pretty good show considering there isn't a single character I'd ever want to spend any real time with.

I'd hang out with Nadia; she's pretty funny.

Online acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Non-existent
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »
Started watching The Sandman on Netflix; but not before I finally finished reading the first issues of Neil Gaiman's comic in the first volume of the graphic novel reprints ("Preludes and Nocturnes"), which had been lying around my room unread. The TV series follows the comic story pretty closely, and the look of the show is visually impressive. The television show and the comic book sort of inform and flesh out each other in a nice way. Again, it is a horror themed comic and show; sorry, @Shocker... but horror is in vogue on Netflix, and elsewhere (at least for me). And now  the show is a mythological companion piece to "Lucifer", and for me, to "The Good Place" (still my favourite binge-worthy sequential comedy series). I like that there are no opening credits besides the production companies and the title; there are only skippable closing credits.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:02:07 PM by acidredux »

Offline SirLost

• Lost
  • Roleplayer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 55
  • Man of twisted romance
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2022, 08:34:10 PM »
I also have been watching The Sandman, as a fan of the comic. I love it!

The Netflix adaptation was the reason I subscribed to Netflix.

Online acidredux

• Inner Wanktum
  • Non-existent
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2022, 11:44:30 PM »
Finished watching the first season of "The Sandman". As I've said, Neil Gaiman has created an interesting mythology which is a fusion of all sorts of fairy tales, myths, legends, and the modern world, although television-wise, the Lucifer and Mazikeen of "The Sandman" do not inhabit the same universe as the Lucifer and Mazikeen of "Lucifer", "Lucifer" being a much more comedic take on Neil's characters. @SirLost Have you watched any of "Lucifer", seeing as you have Netflix? I found that show inconsistent, but entertaining. I think I would have been more satisfied with it had they ended it with the ending of season 5. To my mind season 6 was unnecessary, although I did like Aurora. I am a big fan of disturbing horror, but I still found 'the convention' in "The Sandman" seriously Disturbing! :O D-:  "The Sandman" is definitely visually splendourous! Here I will again praise the mythology of "The Good Place", which remains a hilarious, but thoughtful place to visit again and again (also still on Netflix).

Offline SirLost

• Lost
  • Roleplayer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 55
  • Man of twisted romance
« Reply #173 on: Today at 04:13:52 PM »
Finished watching the first season of "The Sandman". As I've said, Neil Gaiman has created an interesting mythology which is a fusion of all sorts of fairy tales, myths, legends, and the modern world, although television-wise, the Lucifer and Mazikeen of "The Sandman" do not inhabit the same universe as the Lucifer and Mazikeen of "Lucifer", "Lucifer" being a much more comedic take on Neil's characters. @SirLost Have you watched any of "Lucifer", seeing as you have Netflix? I found that show inconsistent, but entertaining. I think I would have been more satisfied with it had they ended it with the ending of season 5. To my mind season 6 was unnecessary, although I did like Aurora. I am a big fan of disturbing horror, but I still found 'the convention' in "The Sandman" seriously Disturbing! :O D-:  "The Sandman" is definitely visually splendourous! Here I will again praise the mythology of "The Good Place", which remains a hilarious, but thoughtful place to visit again and again (also still on Netflix).

I haven't watched Lucifer. Only a few shows could interest me so far.

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage darkfantasygirl archon1980