In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
  • Story Tags 5 1
Currently:  
Description: What are they? Why should readers and authors know about them?

Tags:

Author Topic: Story Tags  (Read 524 times)

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 821
    • RapeCage
Story Tags
« on: March 06, 2015, 04:22:18 AM »
FOR STORY READERS:
If you view the horizontal Main Menu up top you will see a button called "Tags". Tags are used by story authors to give you a quick way to find material that interests you. Click "Tags", then click any tags that interest you.

FOR AUTHORS:
When you're posting a story, you may notice a field saying "Tags (Stories Only Please!)". It also appears when viewing the story post itself. Tags allow visitors to quickly find stories that interest them; they function similar to keywords. If a visitor clicks the "Tags" button up on our Main Menu up top, they can view a cloud of popular tags, and clicking on any term will take them to a list of stories that have been tagged with that term.

More about how to tag your story posts is here:
http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,383.0.html
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:41:12 PM by RayPistonprowl »

Offline cosmicwitch

• . . . . . Λ . . . . .
  • Rep: 624
  • Demons in the dark tear each other apart
Re: Story Tags
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 12:42:09 AM »
@RayPistonprowl I need to edit existing tags in a couple of my stories but there is no option to do that. I can only add more tags.

Is there a way to edit them I am missing? I've tried 'add tags' which is just that- add new ones- and tried doing it through 'Modify' but that only allows one to add tags, too.

'Lil help, pretty please? :fox:
My May/June story contest entry.

Offline darkfantasygirl

• WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
  • Rep: 285
  • adorable and scary at the same time
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 07:38:32 AM »
@cosmicwitch

the only way I've found is to delete the tag you want edited and then add the version you want on there instead. There should be a little red x next to the tag to delete them.

Offline cosmicwitch

• . . . . . Λ . . . . .
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »
There is no X next to any of my tags at all, no matter how I view them  :shrug:

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 752
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
There is no X next to any of my tags at all, no matter how I view them  :shrug:

@darkfantasygirl I made you capable of editing tags so you could be our Tags moderator. @cosmicwitch hasn't got that capability. I honestly don't realise what a pain in the arse things are for mere mortals until someone alerts me, so let me or dfg or @Red Right Hand or @Ingenue know when you need that sort of help and we'll sort it. I don't think it would be wise to give everyone the ability to edit tags cos I know some miscreant will abuse it.
I could end you if you ask me nicely. I could make it slow and painful if you like. So you'll have the opportunity to reflect on the sadness that is you and the awesomeness that is me. -Miss Andrey
Verily I Xeroxed Everyone's Nipples. -cosmicwitch
Once in awhile, I have just dirty nasty slam the salami into the cringing hole of mystery repeatedly until she's good and truly fucked. -Carlosdevil

Offline cosmicwitch

• . . . . . Λ . . . . .
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 10:41:50 AM »
@RayPistonprowl I used to be able to edit my tags 'back in the day'. A few weeks ago I did mention in the shout box that I couldn't edit my own tags anymore. I don't like that I am denied the ability to edit tags attached to my own stories. Bothering people every time I change my mind about a tag is inconvenient to everyone.

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 752
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 10:46:51 AM »
@RayPistonprowl I used to be able to edit my tags 'back in the day'. A few weeks ago I did mention in the shout box that I couldn't edit my own tags anymore. I don't like that I am denied the ability to edit tags attached to my own stories. Bothering people every time I change my mind about a tag is inconvenient to everyone.

Sorry, I must have missed the shoutbox message, @cosmicwitch . Better to message me or @Addie so we're certain to see it. We did that update a few months back which required us removing all the mods including the Tags mod, so it's possible one of us just made a mistake in setting those permissions. I'll check and re-enable it if possible.

Edit: Fixed. You can edit your own tags again. Thanks for alerting me to the problem.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:49:51 AM by RayPistonprowl »
I could end you if you ask me nicely. I could make it slow and painful if you like. So you'll have the opportunity to reflect on the sadness that is you and the awesomeness that is me. -Miss Andrey
Verily I Xeroxed Everyone's Nipples. -cosmicwitch
Once in awhile, I have just dirty nasty slam the salami into the cringing hole of mystery repeatedly until she's good and truly fucked. -Carlosdevil

Offline cosmicwitch

• . . . . . Λ . . . . .
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 10:57:11 AM »
Thank you @RayPistonprowl  You're a legend :*

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl