In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: FUXLEEP  (Read 4875 times)

Offline Rosary

• The Valentine with Hollow Eyes
  • Rep: 524
  • Phantom in Your Mind
FUXLEEP
« on: April 04, 2015, 08:55:40 PM »
So does anyone here have serious sleeping issues?

Another member has already noted that I tend to be on a different timezone to my actual one- this being because, on average, I sleep about four hours a night. Now this can sound bad, but it actually doesn't bother me, because I've largely been this way since I was in my early teens. I function just fine on this much sleep. I do, as an alternative, usually have a half-hour/hour nap in the day, or I'll just rest and do nothing for about the same amount of time.

Recently, I've had bouts of insomnia and sleepwalking. Some of you may have seen my over-tired hyperactivity a week ago. Overactive Psycho Rosie was in 5th gear.
However, it's the sleep walking that usually gets me. I even scare my boyfriend.
I am literally like a horror movie and creepy as fucking shit.
Here's a short list of sleepy activity a la Rosie:
-drawing and writing on mirrors with (expensive *rage*) lipstick
-drawing in the dark in a sketchbook, holding a pen in a closed fist, rather than how one would ordinarily hold a pen
-the above happening frequently and featuring the same weird monster/demon.
-writing over these pictures in Latin (which isn't as creepy as it sounds, since I did actually do Latin classes, so it's not come out of nowhere, there was also a brief phase while I was learning that it was also mandarin)
-talking
-singing
-singing rhymes about said monster
-sleep walking around the house and opening every door and turning all taps on full blast
-sleep walking straight out the fucking house
-sleeping walking out of the house and freaking the fuck out if I can't find the moon
-scratching/cutting myself
-lashing out at whoever interacts with me
-initiating oral sex
-initiating vaginal sex
-turning all the books on my bookshelf around so the spines face the back of the shelf.
-making tea  :tea:

While it can be funny, it's fucking exhausting. And it has, for me, bordered on very dangerous. Sometimes I get so nervous about sleeping that I can't actually sleep at all. I always get worried about staying at other people's houses because I a) don't want them to think I'm a fucking freak and b) don't want to fuck up anyone's stuff.

So how about you guys? Any of you wake up and have to say "Not a-fucking-gain!!!!"?
~Per Aspira Ad Inferi~

I thought I was an angel, but I was wrong.
I'm with the Others, and I've been here all along.
Will you punish me because I'm made in your blood?
Do I fly in the storm, or wallow in the mud?
So don't blame the devil for the shit that you've done,
You made this mess, and you're just having fun.

Offline Surrender2U

• Rep: 661
Re: FUXLEEP
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
I was going to suggest an exorcism until you said you knew Latin. lol

Hmmm...I would check into a sleep study, for reals. Or a therapist? Wow, I really don't know and don't know anyone that has that problem. Maybe someone else could shed some light.

Offline Rosary

• Phantom in Your Mind
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »
I'm currently in therapy, but because it's public-access (meaning I don't have to pay for it) I only get 8 session, of which I've already had five, and sleep just hasn't been the main subject of therapy so far, so I don't really know how much I can go into it with only 3 sessions remaining.
I can barely afford general life, so paying for therapy is way out of the question.
I'm going to bring up to my doctor about a sleep study though, I feel like I need it, I'm kind of a risk.
And again, I'm creepy as shit, no one should have to deal with that.
~Per Aspira Ad Inferi~

Offline Dark.Adapted.Eyes

• Synesthete
  • Rep: 243
  • Have the lambs stopped screaming?
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 12:23:54 AM »
It sounds like you have a severe sleep disorder. There is an American comedian named Mike Birbiglia who had a similar (perhaps more extreme) type of sleep disorder. He wrote a book (and I think also performed a one-man play) called Sleepwalk with Me based upon his experiences. One of the incidents involved him staying at a motel, having an episode in which he imagined that a missile was going to strike him, and jumping naked (or nearly naked) through the plate glass window of his room, which was on the second floor. Somehow he managed to do that without killing himself or sustaining permanent injuries.

I believe that he went though intensive sleep therapy, and I don't think he was "cured", but his episodes became exponentially less severe and more manageable.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:14:36 AM by Dark.Adapted.Eyes »
Goodbye, horses, I'm flying over you.

Offline Rosary

• Phantom in Your Mind
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 02:22:16 AM »
Actually @REDACTED ... I think I'll go ahead and give that a go. I mean... I guess awake Rosie has the advantage over asleep Rosie because awake Rosie knows what goes on. I'm going to save it for the next time I'll have someone here to monitor me (preferably L, because we doesn't mind filming me- I like him to film it so I know exactly what I've done the next day) so they can let me know how I do.
Even though, I think I'll leave a message on the mirror just this once...
By the way, anything you may have written after "initiating vaginal sex" went completely in one ear and out the other.
I knew I should have left that slice of information to last.
~Per Aspira Ad Inferi~

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 539
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 02:39:01 AM »
I'm going to bring up to my doctor about a sleep study though, I feel like I need it, I'm kind of a risk.

Kind of?!! LOL. I second that sleep study suggestion. Do it do it do it. You may finally find an answer to why you've always had trouble sleeping. As well you mentioned being overweight once - did that start round the same time? I suspect obstructive sleep apnoea, which often occurs in people wot carry extra weight in the midsection and neck and can shave years off your life even if you don't think it's doing damage. A sleep test will reveal the extent of the lot. You might also have an imbalance in the hormones that control sleep paralysis.
I always worry about clicking on what you send me. -the savage, to Ingenue (LOL)
Like Pepe LePew, sometimes you just gotta take the pussy. -The Demented Wizard
Listen up you cretinfaced knobcheese...you need to back the fuck truck up and park yerself in it. -wetslut
Who burns their tits on the stove while boiling water? I'll tell you. This chick does. -southernbelle
There's nothing like coming home and taking off your bra after a long, hard day of having boobs. -lysyn

• Synesthete
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
Kind of?!! LOL. I second that sleep study suggestion. Do it do it do it. You may finally find an answer to why you've always had trouble sleeping. As well you mentioned being overweight once - did that start round the same time? I suspect obstructive sleep apnoea, which often occurs in people wot carry extra weight in the midsection and neck and can shave years off your life even if you don't think it's doing damage. A sleep test will reveal the extent of the lot. You might also have an imbalance in the hormones that control sleep paralysis.

Absolutely! It's completely irresponsible to suggest that you revel in the romanticism of your very obvious sleep disorder. You need treatment. I've attached a link below to a Wikipedia article regarding the disorder that Mike Birbiglia has/had. Granted, it's only a Wikipedia article, but the bibliography might lead you to something useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_eye_movement_behavior_disorder
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:26:46 AM by Dark.Adapted.Eyes »

Offline Rosary

• Phantom in Your Mind
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »
well jeez guys, no need to spell out 'freak', just say it outright...
~Per Aspira Ad Inferi~

Offline Ingenue

• Puppygiwl MISTWESS!!1
  • Rep: 1004
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's Tumblr full of petgirls, jesters and poniponiponi
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 11:23:10 AM »
Dang, my sleep problems are nothing like that and are very tame in comparison. Perhaps a dumb suggestion so only consider it with expert advice, but have you ever experimented with sleeping while gently restrained?
Fucking fuckity fuck flaps bollocks. ~wetslut
Ingy your twat was so tight it felt like a squillion rubber bands cutting off my willy's circulation. ~RayPistonprowl
god i love her
lets torture her and then fuck on top of her ~the savage

Limits

• Synesthete
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 11:23:43 AM »
well jeez guys, no need to spell out 'freak', just say it outright...

NOOOO! You simply have a medical condition that needs treatment. The same can be said about many, many people.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:27:10 AM by Dark.Adapted.Eyes »

Offline Rosary

• Phantom in Your Mind
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »
I prefer not to consult doctors for everything.
I hate taking medication. I definitely hate medication for my sleep.
I'd rather try and take control of my sleep myself. I've just never considered that I could before.
~Per Aspira Ad Inferi~

Offline Dark Desire

• Rep: 55
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 11:44:48 AM »
Could I ask when the sleep disorder first started? Could it have been related to traumatic experiences you've had? To me it kind of sounds like a form of PTSD.

Just putting it out there as that is what came to mind for me.

We all go through things, we all have our own inner demons we have to fight. You are as normal as any of us  <3

edit fix word

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:21:39 PM by Dark Desire »

Offline Rosary

• Phantom in Your Mind
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:35 AM »
I've always slept little, and had restless sleep. I was actually diagnosed with PTSD as a toddler because I had a difficult birth, and that was all they could think to explain why I slept so little, and seemed so terrified when I got tired.

Whether this has been worsened by later life experiences is on the table.
~Per Aspira Ad Inferi~

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 539
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 06:00:57 PM »
Start first with the sleep test. You need to get properly diagnosed. Don't worry about medications yet. It could be as simple as needing a CPAP machine to regulate your breathing when you sleep so your sleep isn't so disturbed. Once you're getting truly restful sleep the sleepwalking may correct itself. Just get professional advice and see where it leads!

And we're all freaks here. Freak. :P
I always worry about clicking on what you send me. -the savage, to Ingenue (LOL)
Like Pepe LePew, sometimes you just gotta take the pussy. -The Demented Wizard
Listen up you cretinfaced knobcheese...you need to back the fuck truck up and park yerself in it. -wetslut
Who burns their tits on the stove while boiling water? I'll tell you. This chick does. -southernbelle
There's nothing like coming home and taking off your bra after a long, hard day of having boobs. -lysyn

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 785
    • RapeCage
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 12:28:50 AM »
A little bit about sleepwalking and what causes it: http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleepwalking-causes

Causes:
    Sleep deprived
    On a chaotic sleep schedule
    Stressed
    Drunk
    Taking drugs such as sedative-hypnotics (which promote relaxation or sleep), neuroleptics (used to treat psychosis), stimulants (which boost activity), and antihistamines (used to treat symptoms of allergy)

Medical conditions that have been linked to sleepwalking include:
    Heart rhythm problems
    Fever
    Heartburn
    Nighttime asthma
    Nighttime seizures
    Obstructive sleep apnea (a condition in which you briefly stop breathing during sleep)
    Restless leg syndrome (Addie's note: this is related to the above and often occurs in conjunction with -- it's a failure for sleep paralysis to completely paralyze you)
    Psychiatric disorders, for example, posttraumatic stress disorder, panic attacks, or dissociative states, such as multiple personality disorder

Whatever you do, don't be afraid to get professional help, starting with your general physician. He needs to look at any medications that may be causing this as well as check your heart and hormones, and of course prescribe that sleep test that several people have mentioned. You may think you're doing fine because this is all you've known for more than a decade, but you could be sustaining damage every day that you're not treated. I would treat this with a very high priority, Rosary! If any therapy is necessary, that can come later.

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin