In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: Psychological manipulation  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Dark.Adapted.Eyes

• Synesthete
  • Rep: 243
  • Have the lambs stopped screaming?
Psychological manipulation
« on: May 09, 2015, 06:29:25 PM »
How important is psychological manipulation in your rape fantasies—as a rapist or as a victim?

My rape fantasies are quite soft, insofar as they don’t involve violence and degradation (verbal or physical).  However, they are very psychologically dark and emotionally complicated—from my choice of fantasy rapist to the type of relationship that I have with him.

My fantasy rapist is obsessive, emotionally damaged, and psychologically unbalanced. Moreover, he doesn’t realize how damaged he is. In my fantasies, he stalks, abducts, rapes, and keeps me in captivity—partly in order to fill a massive hole in his sense of self. Though he is much larger and stronger than I am, I have the psychological advantage, as I am more self-aware than he is, I have the ability to figure out how desperately he needs my approval, and I use that need to manipulate him. However, I also find myself experiencing some degree of Stockholm Syndrome, because my successful manipulation of him makes him genuinely affectionate and responsive to me. I enjoy the notion of having to utilize a degree of psychological gamesmanship in order to navigate the minefield of his emotions and, ultimately, work my way towards freedom.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:49:33 PM by Dark.Adapted.Eyes »
Goodbye, horses, I'm flying over you.

Offline death2uall

• Rep: 64
  • Rider of the Pale Horse
Re: Psychological manipulation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
Oh, psychological manipulation is extremely important in my fantasies. In fact, I tend to work very hard to instil Stockholm Syndrome in my victims. That kind of manipulation is a recurring theme in most or all of my stories.
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of a komodo dragon, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

“For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag.”  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

“She is starting to damage my calm!”  -- Jayne, Serenity

• Synesthete
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 02:12:24 PM »
Oh, psychological manipulation is extremely important in my fantasies. In fact, I tend to work very hard to instil Stockholm Syndrome in my victims. That kind of manipulation is a recurring theme in most or all of my stories.

Just out of curiosity, do you ever focus on the victim's perspective? Do you imagine the victim having some degree (perhaps even a large degree) of self-awareness about the onset of Stockholm Syndrome?

Offline death2uall

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »
Just out of curiosity, do you ever focus on the victim's perspective? Do you imagine the victim having some degree (perhaps even a large degree) of self-awareness about the onset of Stockholm Syndrome?

When I'm writing, I tend to write from the victim's perspective; I find it more interesting than the rapist's. So yes, I always have to consider to what degree she's going to be aware of what's happening to her head, and she's usually going to be aware, at least on some level, of what's going on. I don't write stupid or ignorant victims.

When I'm fantasizing, I tend to get much less into the psychological aspects, and when I'm role playing, my victim/partner gets to think about how aware her character is of that kind of thing.
"I want to breed with you because our children would have the intelligence of Stephen Hawking, the stamina of young werewolves, the conscience of a komodo dragon, and the forgiving, pacific nature of Genghis Khan". -death2uall, to Ingenue

“For a people who invented absinthe and blowjobs, sometimes the French can be a drag.”  --Richard Kadrey, Aloha from Hell

• Synesthete
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »
When I'm writing, I tend to write from the victim's perspective; I find it more interesting than the rapist's. So yes, I always have to consider to what degree she's going to be aware of what's happening to her head, and she's usually going to be aware, at least on some level, of what's going on. I don't write stupid or ignorant victims.

I'm fascinated, both in real life and fantasy, by the gulf that can exist between intellectual understanding and visceral, emotional experiences. In my fantasies, which I often write down (just for myself, not public consumption), there is always a tension between being entirely self-aware and not being able to stop the feelings of attachment to/affection for the rapist.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:27:26 AM by Dark.Adapted.Eyes »

Offline Carlosdevil

• Your evil angel
  • Rep: 357
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 04:01:04 PM »
Generally, in my fantasies, I have the illusion of control - the use of violence to get what I want or at least the threat of violence. But very much my victim is in control and like your own fantasy DAE, the victim ends up falling hard for her captor because she has essentially molded him into her perfect lover, and she is self-aware to realize that she has exactly what she wants. At that point, why struggle and why try to escape, because to quote Genesis "who can escape what (s)he desires"? And yes, that may be the only time EVER that Genesis is quoted in a rape fantasy thread.
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late" The Mekons

• Synesthete
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 03:01:02 PM »
Generally, in my fantasies, I have the illusion of control - the use of violence to get what I want or at least the threat of violence. But very much my victim is in control and like your own fantasy DAE, the victim ends up falling hard for her captor because she has essentially molded him into her perfect lover, and she is self-aware to realize that she has exactly what she wants. At that point, why struggle and why try to escape, because to quote Genesis "who can escape what (s)he desires"? And yes, that may be the only time EVER that Genesis is quoted in a rape fantasy thread.

I think you are correct, but there is something more. I find psychological manipulation in rape fantasies to be so much more interesting than physical violence or degradation. Though my fantasies often contain the implicit threat of physical violence, which serves to bolster the psychological manipulation, I never fantasize about being brutalized physically.

Physical violence seems so limiting to me. There are only so many consequences of the rapist beating the hell out of the victim, whereas psychological manipulation (especially when it goes both ways) allows for much more emotional complexity and many more narrative possibilities.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:33:14 PM by Dark.Adapted.Eyes »

Offline ButterflyXKisses

• Rep: 158
  • *A Game of Cat and Mouse....*
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 07:03:21 PM »
In my fantasies, my tormentor is very smart, controlled, manipulative, intimidating, and cunning. He may drop a comment here and there that makes me turn my head, touch me even if it's just a simple graze just to see my reaction, or shoot me a smile that gives only a glint of his true nature.

But once he has me where he wants me, completely at his mercy, the real him comes out. He'll toy with me...stroke my hair...kiss me roughly...tell me how I have been asking for this. He'd lick or wipe my tears away then whisper what he plans to do to me. He'd thrive on my confusion, fear, struggle, and pleads for him to stop. The psychological manipulation would be just as vicious as the rape itself. He'd whisper one final thing before he takes me, "You're mine."

Offline 0o00o0ooo00

• Rep: 1
  • n00b
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »
I really love attempting (and failing) at psychological manipulation, then just banging her with the full fight still inside.

Broken is boring. :nope:

Offline death2uall

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 08:32:33 PM »
I'm fascinated, both in real life and fantasy, by the gulf that can exist between intellectual understanding and visceral, emotional experiences.

I'm working on a story right now in which the heroine, being an intelligent and educated young woman, certainly suspects (if she does not all-out, consciously realize; I haven't made that decision yet) that the "kindnesses" of her captor, compared to the abuses of the  "trainer" he employs, are designed to instil Stockholm Syndrome, and yet the effect still happens.

I am an evil, evil man.   >:)

• Synesthete
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 03:36:09 PM »
I'm working on a story right now in which the heroine, being an intelligent and educated young woman, certainly suspects (if she does not all-out, consciously realize; I haven't made that decision yet) that the "kindnesses" of her captor, compared to the abuses of the  "trainer" he employs, are designed to instil Stockholm Syndrome, and yet the effect still happens.

That degree of calculation is terrifying! The idea of it actually made me cringe. Personally, I think it's much, much worse (though perhaps better for your purposes) if your character consciously realizes what is happening but can't stop it.

However, in my own fantasies, I prefer psychological manipulation that goes both ways. My fantasy rapist already has an overwhelming physical advantage (as per my specifications), and I don't really enjoy the idea of being so psychologically worn down that he has the upper hand there, too. I'm sure that is why I focus on a rapist who is too psychologically damaged and emotionally vulnerable to exhibit the degree of calculation your rapist character does.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 06:59:02 PM by Dark.Adapted.Eyes »

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin