In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: Suggestions for separating Fantasy vs Non-Fantasy Boards?  (Read 922 times)

Online RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 695
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
Suggestions for separating Fantasy vs Non-Fantasy Boards?
« on: May 30, 2015, 04:59:03 PM »
We should probably re-organise our boards a bit so visitors can work out more easily which areas should be presumed to be fantasy-only and which are more reality-oriented. Suggestions?
I always wanted to be the green girl that looked pleasantly tousled leaving Captain Kirk's quarters in between acts. Except, unlike most of them I want to not tragically die. -Anguissette
I spent some time in Japan...and just kind of asked "WHY?!" a LOT. -IrishGirl
A good cup of tea lies between He-Man and Donald Trump in colour. -the_silkman
"As fuck" is my favorite unit of measurement. -lysyn

Offline kittyumbrass

• Rep: 515
    • Ms Umbrass Denies...
Re: Suggestions for separating Fantasy vs Non-Fantasy Boards?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 05:15:12 PM »
One thing I've struggled with is online/mental space fantasies being discussed, and people bringing in real life roleplay, or fantasising about real-life things; and vice versa. It would be very helpful to have a clearer distinction between the two. If there were separate boards for each, I would be happier. Then people could label clearly if they want to bring a r/l roleplay experience into a fantasy thread or vice versa. It might help it be clearer what's "I want to try this for real/have tried this for real" and "this is something I think about a lot" types of fantasies. Which I think is kind of what set off the confusion in the "Abusive Relationship" thread.

Online RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 695
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 06:21:50 PM »
I don't think we're distinguishing between the same two sorts of things, kitty. Here's how I'm defining them:

1) FANTASY THREADS - Both real-life (meatspace) and online roleplays where slipping into fantasy rapist/victim mode is encouraged. Stuff in this section would clearly be simply for fantasy's sake only, even if played out in a real-life fantasy roleplay and even if it sounds like a dreadful idea in real life.

2) NON-FANTASY THREADS - A place to discuss real-life stuff that would otherwise jar fantasists out of their fantasies. People who get triggered by 'abusive' content should have a safe place to discuss what's eating them here. I know many who find these sorts of boards for the first time tend to cause a bit of disruption whilst they are working out that line between fantasy and reality. I've seen it on all these boards. I was even one of them once!

Or maybe we're actually on the same track and I'm misunderstanding ?
I always wanted to be the green girl that looked pleasantly tousled leaving Captain Kirk's quarters in between acts. Except, unlike most of them I want to not tragically die. -Anguissette
I spent some time in Japan...and just kind of asked "WHY?!" a LOT. -IrishGirl
A good cup of tea lies between He-Man and Donald Trump in colour. -the_silkman
"As fuck" is my favorite unit of measurement. -lysyn

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 809
    • RapeCage
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:07:35 AM »
I did some spring cleaning and reorganized. I hope the better labels on the Fantasy vs. Non-Fantasy forums helps keep people with triggers from getting triggered, and people who are trying to fantasize from being pulled out of their fantasies by people who get triggered!

Feel free to offer new suggestions though.

Offline AdamWantsYou

• Turn on; Putin; Surkov
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:22:02 AM »
If you're like me, and navigate mostly via the "unread posts" link, it's not always uppermost in my mind which forum a post is in.

I mean, it's perfectly obvious from the breadcrumb links on the thread, once I care to look, but short of a big flashing banner I think it's going to be quite hard to impose sharper demarcation. Credit for taking the trouble, though.

Me, I always assume prima facie that a post is fantasy unless I can determine otherwise. I don't have to worry about any triggers, though, so it's easy for me to say.

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 261
  • Cloaking Device Activated
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Dark Desire

• Rep: 56
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »
I am like you @AdamWantsYou I take posts at face value almost always. If people say it is about real life then it is, if not then it is about fantasy for me.

The way I differ from you is I do have some triggers I have to handle (but I view them as it is my issue(s) not the posters).

About the only thing I won't condone (besides the normal banned stuff) on RC is making posts seeming to encourage real rape or comparing it and our fantasies as the same thing, that is a 'Oh Hell No' for me. 

I really don't have anything for this topic as I thought it was fairly good before.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:32:39 PM by Dark Desire »

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl