In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Private chat isues affecting several members  (Read 135 times)

Offline Slipknot

• To rope or not to rope, that is the question, which is nobler
  • Rep: 8
  • n00b
Private chat isues affecting several members
« on: January 01, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »
@RayPistonprowl @Addie

A couple of time around 05:00 and 05:15 AM I have been chatting in Private chat with others the first time was with two members I have fairly regular chats with and they experienced the lag and delay aswell, we both had to reboot to recover from it.

Again it happened this morning at the exact same time with a different member that I have not had  private chat in a while, they experienced the issue their end as well.

I have been told it is my end, how can it be when it has affected others and we had to reboot to recover from it...??
Don't look behind you

Slip as in slips by undetected and knot for tying you up by ropes / clothes chains etc :wink: :wink: :dirtymind:

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 842
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
Re: Private chat isues affecting several members
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:16:43 AM »
Well that's annoying. @Addie is there an update to that programme? Perhaps that will sort it?

@RayPistonprowl @Addie

A couple of time around 05:00 and 05:15 AM I have been chatting in Private chat with others the first time was with two members I have fairly regular chats with and they experienced the lag and delay aswell, we both had to reboot to recover from it.

Again it happened this morning at the exact same time with a different member that I have not had  private chat in a while, they experienced the issue their end as well.

I have been told it is my end, how can it be when it has affected others and we had to reboot to recover from it...??

I think a tuba or a french horn to the ass would feel A-maaaaazing!! -darkfantasygirl
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
"Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again" -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 823
    • RapeCage
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:46:03 AM »
Well that's annoying. @Addie is there an update to that programme? Perhaps that will sort it?

@RayPistonprowl @Slipknot I will look into updating the program. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as applying an update. From what I read on Blab's site, we'll need to reinstall the whole thing. I recently had trouble with my testing platform, so I need to resolve that before I can test it, and I'm still buried at work. Give us time. And even once we install the new version, it probably won't be fully integrated.

Ray, if you really want it fully integrated next time, you will have to pony up the money to the developer and give him access to the backend to write the correct Simple Machines hooks. I do not know how complicated that is, but it's above my pay grade. ;) (That's my nice way of saying it's more advanced that I am.)

Offline Carlosdevil

• Your evil angel
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 02:04:42 AM »
Because it happens in chat at about the same time, I wonder if it might not be the host server running updates or purges. I know we've had issues when everyone would be booted out of chat at about 2am ET every day.
MAX: We're looking for your breaking points...because greatness doesn't have any!

- Pledge

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 823
    • RapeCage
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 02:25:05 AM »
@Carlosdevil Good point. Thanks.

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 09:40:26 AM »
Because it happens in chat at about the same time, I wonder if it might not be the host server running updates or purges. I know we've had issues when everyone would be booted out of chat at about 2am ET every day.

@Carlosdevil Has that happened here? I seem to remember that happening on RapeDesires, but I haven't noticed it on RapeCage.

I think a tuba or a french horn to the ass would feel A-maaaaazing!! -darkfantasygirl
If I ever have a punk band with just two members, I'm calling it "Anal Pear". -kittyumbrass
Nature abhors a vacuum, so if you present us with a hole we're going to try to fill it. For nature's sake. -SoftGameHunter
"Piers Morgan's being a cunt about something agai- Ah, for fuck sake, Piers Morgan's being a Crunchy Nut Corn Flake about something again" -the_silkman
I will reach down your throat through your stomach into your urogenital tract and pull your DICK INSIDE OUT. -zero

Offline Carlosdevil

• Your evil angel
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 01:49:14 PM »
In all honesty I'm not sure. If it did happen here it was on the old chat program; I hadn't noticed anything on the new chatroom but honestly I haven't been up chatting late enough to notice. The situation just reminded me of the old 2am boot so I thought I'd mention it.
MAX: We're looking for your breaking points...because greatness doesn't have any!

- Pledge

Offline Slipknot

• To rope or not to rope, that is the question, which is nobler
  • Rep: 8
  • n00b
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:29:47 PM »
@Addie @RayPistonprowl 

Unfortunately since the Blurb update that Ray mentioned in the chat on the index page, the chat crash has happened an hour earlier than normal. 04:05 UK time

The difference this time is that it crashed and froze up as soon as I opened up a Private Chat request and I was not able to type more then three letters into the text field.

Thing is, all other sites and forums I frequent, including simple machines forums, have never cause such issues, perhaps because they are not using the chat function the we use here., I am using a very stable Windows 7 with a Very stable firefox on an Ethernet connection which my ISP tells me my line is perfect. I have also tested this issue on an old stable Vista laptop with a different version of firefox and it yields the exact same results, to which I have to reboot both Laptop and PC to recover from the crash.

As previously stated this has happened to several members, now another member that I Private chat with, if admin requires their names to help track this down @Panthers70  is already aware of their names from the very start the issues started  occurring long before I started this thread
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 11:59:49 PM by Slipknot »
Don't look behind you

Slip as in slips by undetected and knot for tying you up by ropes / clothes chains etc :wink: :wink: :dirtymind:

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 12:00:35 AM »
@Slipknot

Apologies that it's taking us time to address this. I'm buried at the moment, and Addie says she is as well, and as I'm not keen on letting anyone else into the backend for security reasons this small site has to be addressed on our limited schedule.

Windows 7 and Vista are both on limited support as I recall, so updating to newer OS may sort the problem. I liked Vista and share your frustration. I constantly find major flaws in the most supported OS's and browsers. I think we're at a bit of a tech crossroads where Microsoft is losings its Edge (pun intended) and we're seeing Google's Chrome (based on open-source Chromium) and Firefox (open-source as well) 'edging' out the competition. In short per Addie it's difficult to know for whom to optimise! We chose to optimise for Windows 10/Chrome/Firefox. The chat is a major draw so I do not want to minimise your concern, but as yet we haven't found a chat that is optimised for use with Simple Machines or any other forum software. The reason is that text chat is on the decline whilst video/voice chats are gaining, and our site needs a focus on text for obvious safety and privacy reasons. *pulls hair out* :frustrated:

@Addie We will forward your concerns to our host as your complaint as @Carlosdevil mentioned seems consistent with a server burp, and I'll look into updating our chat software. Just give us time, and I really appreciate your bringing these problems to our attention. Please continue to update us on problems so we can troubleshoot.

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 12:03:50 AM »
Thing is, all other sites and forums I frequent, including simple machines forums, have never cause such issues, perhaps because they are not using the chat function the we use here.

@Slipknot Ooh, I should address this. Are the other sites using chat functions, and if so what are they using? I'm willing to spend the money to get something better/appropriate. The gap here is in finding the right software!

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 01:05:26 AM »
cross-posting here....

@Addie @Slipknot I received a notice from our host today that they were bought by another company and have been upgrading, hopefully for the better once it's all done. That may explain some of the server burps. Please continue to update us about what problems you are experiencing so we have everything in one place to refer to when we chat with our host.

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl