In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:
Description:

Tags:

Author Topic: Report Bugs or Outages Here  (Read 22276 times)

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 821
    • RapeCage
Re: Report Bugs or Outages Here
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
[member=10]EssenceofRed[/member] What device are you using, and what browser? It looks like a copy-paste mistake.

As for why the color tags are showing up, that seems to happen in some browsers when you copy-paste from another source, or when you toggle back and forth between Rich Text Mode and Plain Text Mode using this button . If you compose in Plain Text Mode then you eliminate the problem. It's a glitch in SMF that hasn't been fixed.

To change it so you have "Plain Text Mode" as the default, go to:
Profile > Look and Layout > Uncheck "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: babyfuck
  • Rep: 810
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2016, 10:32:51 PM »
[member=10]EssenceofRed[/member] What device are you using, and what browser? It looks like a copy-paste mistake.

As for why the color tags are showing up, that seems to happen in some browsers when you copy-paste from another source, or when you toggle back and forth between Rich Text Mode and Plain Text Mode using this button . If you compose in Plain Text Mode then you eliminate the problem. It's a glitch in SMF that hasn't been fixed.

To change it so you have "Plain Text Mode" as the default, go to:
Profile > Look and Layout > Uncheck "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."

I'm on a Macbook Pro. I'm working on my bibliography right now, and when I went in and deleted the word "key", I pressed post, nothing else, and "save" appeared at the bottom again. It's weird. (And a little annoying.) I'm going to go check my default right now. That suggestion seems like a good idea.
Save
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2016, 10:33:06 PM »
AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2016, 10:36:57 PM »
I just clicked "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."  I'll let you know if I see another phantom "save" again. Thank you [member=1]Addie[/member]!!!

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Rep: 270
  • Cloaking Device Activated
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32:39 PM »
Mentioned in the Shoutbox (adding here just in case it disappears before it's seen and to add more detail), but B went to vote for the Story Contest on his phone, and was not able to use the link on the main page to get to the voting thread, we had to go the traditional route...... (Stories > RapeCage Story Contest > poll thread)..... because the link dumped him back to the main page..... All the links to the stories within that thread dumped back to the main page as well :( not sure if this is just a glitch with his phone browser (he uses Chrome on an Android phone (LG Optimus L70, so an older(ish) phone.... running Android 4.4.2 KitKat)) or if it's something more widespread....

I did just run through the links and they worked for me signed in and not signed in on Desktop Iron Browser (Chromium based) and also worked as a guest on Mobile Edge on my phone...

Silk is reporting she had this error yesterday on Iron (Desktop) as a guest...

That's how my former Daddy ended up creating a profile on RC six months ago. When he couldn't get on, he assumed he had to be a member in order to vote. When he told me this later, I assumed he was just technologically challenged. I guess maybe he really did have trouble. :))

Bad cookies. That's the only difference between Silk's machine and mine. Same browser and version, same OS and version, same actual laptop model, connected to the same WiFi.

This issue came up again for her yesterday. She was not logged in. Any link clicked took her back to the main page.

I logged out and links worked as they should.

I had Silk log in and log out (fetching fresh cookies) and then it worked for her.

[member=1]Addie[/member] is it possible our cookies have an expiry date?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:34:41 PM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »
And it broke again after a couple clicks as not signed in. Sign in solves it.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »
[member=1]Addie[/member] something in the permissions for sharing an IP?
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2016, 08:41:54 PM »

Thanks for all that feedback. Something has been wrong with SMF's cookies for a while now, but the million-and-one posts I've read about why they're not working properly haven't given me a definitive answer yet. It's possible I can change the cookie name, which will require everyone to log out/in again in order to make the site work, and we can see if they begin working properly. I suspect a change between the last SMF version and this one may be to blame, because our error logs didn't show this error until we upgraded.

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:31 PM »
[member=1]Addie[/member] something in the permissions for sharing an IP?

Yes, I suspect that's part of the problem. I use multiple browsers for testing this site, and some use different passwords (Hodor, testuser), and I've noticed that it causes confusion with the cookies.

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2016, 08:45:26 PM »

I just confirmed: Yes, they expire after 1200 minutes.

Offline Addie

• RapeCage
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »
Mentioned in the Shoutbox (adding here just in case it disappears before it's seen and to add more detail), but B went to vote for the Story Contest on his phone, and was not able to use the link on the main page to get to the voting thread, we had to go the traditional route...... (Stories > RapeCage Story Contest > poll thread)..... because the link dumped him back to the main page..... All the links to the stories within that thread dumped back to the main page as well :( not sure if this is just a glitch with his phone browser (he uses Chrome on an Android phone (LG Optimus L70, so an older(ish) phone.... running Android 4.4.2 KitKat)) or if it's something more widespread....

I may have just discovered a bug that is causing this problem. I was looking through our error log and saw a Guest tried to access a few pages, but when I clicked their links, they brought me back to the front page. So I looked at the link again, and noticed it was adding a ? after php, which causes the link not to work and it bumps you back to the main page. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature that was intended to keep Guests from being able to click certain kinds of links. I'll have to research this more.

Offline BlackKnight

• Rep: 60
  • The other kind of Knight..
    • Black Knight's Tumbler
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2016, 08:45:59 AM »
Actually just caught it again. 

todays best example -->

h ttp://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php ((?PHPSESSID=g1ffqp4ilotgq37ct3v0b7g854&)) /topic,2206.0.html

((brackets & spaces added by me))

So this  (( ?etc. )) is the code that is being consistently "added" to the links, by whatever the bug it be...

what a PHP SessID is I am still looking up,  but "Session ID" came to mind immediately ??  :shrug:

BK
"How did you end up here? What happened?  ...It's what we're all about.  It's our stories. "   - Richard_Greer.

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2016, 02:50:36 AM »
I have a friend who was interested in reading my stories. I gave her a link to my bibliography page: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2122.0.html

And she sent the following note back:
"I clicked on some of the story links but it just took me to the forum index. Do I have to register before I can see then?"

So I guess the issue is actually more with my story links.... Still, any ideas?
[member=1]Addie[/member]  [member=5]RayPistonprowl[/member]  [member=708]Red Right Hand[/member]

Thanks!!

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2016, 06:03:12 PM »
I have a friend who was interested in reading my stories. I gave her a link to my bibliography page: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2122.0.html

And she sent the following note back:
"I clicked on some of the story links but it just took me to the forum index. Do I have to register before I can see then?"

So I guess the issue is actually more with my story links.... Still, any ideas?

Thanks!!

[member=10]EssenceofRed[/member]  Two posts above yours Addie addresses this. It's a bug that borks the referring link by adding a "?" which makes it a query and not a hotlink.

I don't know when the poor gal will have time to solve that one. It's above my pay grade.

I have found out that if you have your friend clear her cache and cookies it may resolve the issue until the new cookie expires in 1200 minutes (50 days).
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2016, 06:14:00 PM »
So does that mean that even though we are hoping visitors will check out our bibliographies so they have links to everything at their fingertips, it actually won't work because it will always reroute to the forum index? That's a major bummer. It almost deceives the purpose of having all of these lists and links if it doesn't actually take people to where they want to go. :(

[member=708]Red Right Hand[/member]  [member=5]RayPistonprowl[/member]  [member=1]Addie[/member]

EDIT: I don't mean so much to be complaining here; more just realizing the irony.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:17:57 PM by EssenceofRed »

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Admins

Ingenue Red Right Hand

Moderators

Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl