In Chat #1:
In Old Chat #2:

Tags (Stories Only Please!):

Author Topic: Report Bugs or Outages Here  (Read 17146 times)

Offline Ingenue

• Tomato Pope Pup
  • Rep: 1150
  • forcing pettings out of you all
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
Re: Report Bugs or Outages Here
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
I thought she looked like a little blackberry. :laugh:

Sorry, I can't think what would help with the comments. It's an issue we've seen before.
Why are elbows and balls a different shade in so many of us? It's like God took some elbow skin, burnt it, then decided to make wee sacks of the scraps. ~RayPistonprowl
Sometimes, it's nice to hear your pixel people scream. ~Trill
Turns out that France understands neither peanut butter nor tacos ~IrishGirl

Likes and limits on my profile!

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Testosterone ridden penis wielder
  • Rep: 693
  • Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #286 on: October 28, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
I noticed those, @Red! Could it be quote marks and/or ellipses ("...")? Our board has a real thing about those on wall posts.

The first one was a comment, but then I did put and down arrow to comment on the cool pic below, but that's just a capital V. The second one was me just asking, Why can't I post on your wall?  :shrug:

ps the cut image is an ant or similar, with little ants clinging to her(?) abdomen

You made this sound so much cuter than it actually was. Lol

I think the problem is use of some characters causes the whole post to not show up. It has something to do with utf-8 character set in SMF or sommat? @Addie should be able to answer that. The answer unfortunately is to avoid use of those characters. That particular mod needs tweaking and we don't know quite what needs the tweak.
I always wanted to be the green girl that looked pleasantly tousled leaving Captain Kirk's quarters in between acts. Except, unlike most of them I want to not tragically die. -Anguissette
I spent some time in Japan...and just kind of asked "WHY?!" a LOT. -IrishGirl
A good cup of tea lies between He-Man and Donald Trump in colour. -the_silkman
"As fuck" is my favorite unit of measurement. -lysyn

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: babyfuck
  • Rep: 767
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #287 on: October 28, 2017, 01:14:58 PM »
I think the problem is use of some characters causes the whole post to not show up. It has something to do with utf-8 character set in SMF or sommat? @Addie should be able to answer that. The answer unfortunately is to avoid use of those characters. That particular mod needs tweaking and we don't know quite what needs the tweak.

Do you know which characters? Punctuation, as in question marks and periods? Also, @lysyn tried to send me a note in all caps a few weeks back, which also turned up blank. Maybe it has something to do with the shift key or the start of a sentence in an uppercase letter?  :shrug:
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #288 on: October 28, 2017, 01:22:54 PM »

Do you know which characters? Punctuation, as in question marks and periods? Also, @lysyn tried to send me a note in all caps a few weeks back, which also turned up blank. Maybe it has something to do with the shift key or the start of a sentence in an uppercase letter?  :shrug:

@Ingenue worked out that "curly quotes" are the problem. See this post:
http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,1214.0.html @EssenceofRed
I always wanted to be the green girl that looked pleasantly tousled leaving Captain Kirk's quarters in between acts. Except, unlike most of them I want to not tragically die. -Anguissette

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »
I know I didn’t use a quote, but I probably used an apostrophe or a comma. I can already see from the first sentence in this post that my phone automatically uses the curly kind. How do I uncurl my apostrophe? @Ingy
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline RayPistonprowl

• Cockwagging hornbucket
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
@EssenceofRed @Addie I think the solution is to convert our database to utf-8 but we haven't done it cos ... er.... ask Addie. I think we were afraid of cocking it up or sommat. In the meantime the only solution I'm aware of is to avoid the curly quotes. As for how to do that on your mobile, I am not certain. :cry: Perhaps change to a different generic font?

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2017, 02:15:27 PM »
@EssenceofRed @Addie I think the solution is to convert our database to utf-8 but we haven't done it cos ... er.... ask Addie. I think we were afraid of cocking it up or sommat. In the meantime the only solution I'm aware of is to avoid the curly quotes. As for how to do that on your mobile, I am not certain. :cry: Perhaps change to a different generic font?

Oooo... that's a good idea! I will try that.

And yes, I knew you might not know. That's why I tagged Ingy. :giggle:

Offline Ingenue

• Tomato Pope Pup
« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2017, 07:02:26 PM »
Uh, I could only even hazard a guess if it's Android... As a stopgap measure I will promise not to judge if you omit punctuation! :laugh:
Why are elbows and balls a different shade in so many of us? It's like God took some elbow skin, burnt it, then decided to make wee sacks of the scraps. ~RayPistonprowl

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2017, 07:09:31 PM »
Uh, I could only even hazard a guess if it's Android... As a stopgap measure I will promise not to judge if you omit punctuation! :laugh:

It's an iPhone 7 plus.

Offline Ingenue

• Tomato Pope Pup
« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2017, 07:27:43 PM »
The feature is named "smart quotes" or "smart punctuation".  It seems for iOS there is both a system-wide setting and individual settings per app.

There's an option in "System Preferences > Language > Keyboard"

In apps like Safari and Mail it's under "Edit Menu > Substitution"

(I lied, apparently I can find iOS help too) :D

Offline EssenceofRed

• Adorawhore
« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »
You lost me at System Preferences. I don't see that on my phone. Not under mail or Safari.  :/

Offline Addie

• Mistress Almighty Goddess, Gloria In Extremis
  • Rep: 809
    • RapeCage
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2017, 07:46:35 PM »

The reason I haven't done this is because if I screw it up I'll have to restore the site, and last time I attempted a download of our site our host froze the account because our power leech in doing so set off their alarms. This site is big! :laugh: I am hoping to have some time to do this and other stuff soon. I need to resolve in particular the html mix we use because it's triggering Chrome and particularly Firefox to see some of our code as a threat. And yes, the curly quotes are the problem there.

Offline Conroy Johanns

• Semi-professional smut writer and sometime interracial provocateur.
  • Rep: 38
  • Got room for one more?
    • Big, My Nose? Magnificent, My Nose!
« Reply #297 on: December 06, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
I cannot fap to posts and this is a serious crisis.

I mean, physically I still could? But I have no "I fapped!" button and I don't know why. I can still post, view the Rage Cage and such, the button is just gone.
"Nobody brought an extra bag!"

The Hopewell Pop Music Academy is possibly the oddest and silliest thing I've ever written. It's part-story, part-unofficial pictures thread, and all-pervy.

The Customer is the much more substantial story I came here to write before that weird creation of mutant silliness took hold of me. Check it out. Comments welcome!

Offline darkfantasygirl

• piss-pot in training
  • Rep: 170
  • WottenWandoms pwetty fuck doll
« Reply #298 on: December 06, 2017, 01:59:41 PM »

I mean, physically I still could? But I have no "I fapped!" button and I don't know why. I can still post, view the Rage Cage and such, the button is just gone.

I fapped for you :naughty:

dun worry about a thing :fap:

Offline Marg4724

• L E S B I A N
  • Rep: 55
  • No one escapes unscathed
« Reply #299 on: December 06, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »

Bummer dude!! I'd miss the fap button if it went away...
♪♪ I wouldn't touch your dick if I'd been poisoned and the antidote was in your sperm ♪♪ -G&O
The past is never where you think you left it.
~Katherine Anne Porter

Offsite Contacts Email Admins (Offsite) Admins Addie RayPistonprowl Global Moderators Ingenue Red Right Hand Moderators Surrender2U EssenceofRed kittyumbrass the savage Smirkin darkfantasygirl