In Chat Now:

Author Topic: I Want To Pick The Theme!  (Read 24339 times)

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 303
  • Cloaking Device Activated
Re: I Want To Pick The Theme!
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
It has been suggested by someone (and I quite agree) that we introduce a No Word Count Limit and a Wild Card Theme...

Our list of volunteers to randomize from:
  • Wild Card Theme
  • lysyn
  • kittyumbrass
  • EssenceofRed
  • LiskaHunter
  • BlackKnight
  • Punpun
  • melodyforever
  • pinkwarkitten14
  • randomgirl
  • BlankSlate
  • WildDesire
  • flash713 not eligible until September/October, 2016
  • Avendia not eligible until November/December, 2016
  • death2uall not eligible until January/February, 2017
Any new volunteers will be added as the next eligible position at the bottom of the list. Theme volunteers, after selection and completion of a theme, will not be eligible for three successive rounds and drop to last place on the list. When they come back in play they will move to slot 1 and push all choices down a place...

I have now introduced Wild Card Theme to the list. Wild Card Theme will be the default when the randomly selected individual does not deliver a theme. Wild Card Theme may also be chosen at random and never goes out of play. If Wild Card Theme is selected or used as an alternate, it will ascend to slot 1 for the next cycle and push all choices down a place.

Wild Card Theme:
  • Celebrity Pr0n: Your story must feature one or more celebrities, current or past.
  • Fan-Fic: Your story must feature fictional characters from a known work or series. Books, television shows or movies allowed.
  • Match Your Title: Create your own 3 word theme as the title of your story and play it out.
  • RC Sequel: Create a new chapter to a story on RapeCage. It may be your own or someone else's story.
  • Cliff Hanger: Deliberately create only part of a story. Use a suspenseful 'cliff hanger' style ending that leaves the reader wanting more... You may NOT finish your story until after the end of voting for that cycle.
  • Random Word Generator: Apply to Red Right Hand by PM with your intent to enter. He will use a random word generator to create 3 strings (3 words each) and PM them back to you. You must use one of the strings (no mixing or matching) as your theme. Expect humorous consequences. (RRH will keep a list of assigned strings.)
  • Olly Olly Oxen Free: No Set Theme... Go with your best idea.
Any new Wild Card Themes will be added as the next eligible position at the bottom of the list. If they are chosen, then they become ineligible for the following three contest cycles and drop to last place on the list. When they come back in play they will move to slot 1 and push all choices down a place...

Our list of Word Count Limit choices to be randomized:
  • No Word Count Limit
  • 1,750 not eligible until September/October, 2016
  • 5,000 not eligible until November/December, 2016
  • 2,000 not eligible until January/February, 2017
The official tolerance is 5%. In other words, you will be asked to edit for compliance if you exceed the Word Count Limit by more than 5% rounded down. Until the Word Count is trimmed the story will not certify for entry.

In the event that No Word Count Limit is selected it will mean that authors may submit stories of any length so long as they meet the theme. Write fully to your own open ended length to present the tale as you would most like to do.

Just as with the theme volunteers, the random selection of a Word Count Limit (including No Word Count Limit) will invalidate that choice from eligibility for three successive rounds and drop it to last place on the list. When it comes back in play it will move to slot 1 and push all choices down a place...

Still accepting members to volunteer for the random drawing to determine the theme. Simply post your willingness below or send me a PM.

If you want to be removed from the list of volunteers, PM me or post below.

If you have a suggestion for a Wild Card Theme, please PM me or post it below for consideration of inclusion.

Random Choices generated here: https://www.random.org/

Random Words generated here: http://www.textfixer.com/tools/random-words.php
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:59:58 PM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2016, 03:16:15 AM »
Contests To Date:

The March/April 2015 Story Contest:
1) Word Count Limit of 3,500 words or less
2) Theme of Abduction/Underworld/Betrayal chosen by RC Member, EssenceofRed
3) Five Entrants: EssenceofRed, kittyumbrass, Red Right Hand, LiskaHunter, Tragedy
4) Winner: Father Of The Year by EssenceofRed

The May/June 2015 Story Contest:
1) Word Count Limit of 4,200 words or less
2) Theme of Implements/Improvisation/Impersonal chosen by RC Member, Red Right Hand
3) Five Entrants: kittyumbrass, EssenceofRed, Red Right Hand, FrodoKreuger, pinkwarkitten14
4) Winner: Bella Voce by pinkwarkitten14

The July/August 2015 Story Contest:
1) Word Count Limit of 4,500 words or less
2) Theme of Vote/Arrest/Knowledge chosen by RC Member, kittyumbrass
3) Six Entrants: kittyumbrass, BlackKnight, FrodoKreuger, pinkwarkitten14, EssenceofRed, Red Right Hand
4) Winner: Circumstantial by Red Right Hand

The September/October 2015 Story Contest:
1) Word Count Limit of 3,000 words or less
2) Theme of Elsewhen/Hierarchy/Entitlement chosen by RC Member, lysyn
3) Four Entrants: kittyumbrass, Avendia, Red Right Hand, pinkwarkitten14
4) Winner: Time Healed by kittyumbrass

The November/December 2015 Story Contest:
2) Theme of Foul Spirit/Family Gathering/Father Christmas chosen by RC Member, FrodoKreuger
3) Three Entrants: EssenceofRed, Eri, pinkwarkitten14
4) Winner: Walkin' In a Winter Wonder Hell by EssenceofRed

The January/February 2016 Story Contest:
1) Word Count Limit of 1,750 words or less
2) Theme of Apocalyptic/Captured/Inhuman chosen by RC Member, flash713
3) Six Entrants: kittyumbrass, LiskaHunter, Red Right Hand, BlackKnight, EssenceofRed, Eri
4) Winner: After the Fuckers Were Gone by Red Right Hand

The March/April 2016 Story Contest:
1) Word Count Limit of 5,000 words or less
2) Theme of Historical/Revenge/Coquette chosen by RC Member, Avendia
3) Five Entrants: Leftwanting, BiancaBlack, BlackKnight, EssenceofRed, LiskaHunter
4) Winner: The Good, the Bad and the Hunter by LiskaHunter

The May/June 2016 StoryContest:
1) Word Count Limit of 2,000 words or less
2) Theme of Imprisonment/Insanity/Injustice chosen by RC Member death2uall
3) Eleven Entrants: BlackKnight, Smirkin, EssenceofRed, Red Right Hand, Bludmagnus, Nyx, caveshots, BiancaBlack, RayPistonprowl, WildDesire, pinkwarkitten14
4) Voting now open: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2035.0.html
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:22:16 AM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2016, 10:10:06 PM »
For July/August 2016:
  • Invitation to select theme going out by PM
  • Word count limit locked in
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2016, 05:47:24 PM »
For July/August 2016:
  • Theme locked in
  • Word count limit locked in
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2016, 03:28:15 PM »
  • flash713
  • Wild Card Theme
  • lysyn
  • kittyumbrass
  • EssenceofRed
  • LiskaHunter
  • BlackKnight
  • Punpun
  • pinkwarkitten14
  • randomgirl
  • BlankSlate
  • WildDesire
  • melodyforever not eligible until March/April, 2017
Any new volunteers will be added as the next eligible position at the bottom of the list. Theme volunteers, after selection and completion of a theme, will not be eligible for three successive rounds and drop to last place on the list. When they come back in play they will move to slot 1 and push all choices down a place...

I have now introduced Wild Card Theme to the list. Wild Card Theme will be the default when the randomly selected individual does not deliver a theme. Wild Card Theme may also be chosen at random and never goes out of play. If Wild Card Theme is selected or used as an alternate, it will ascend to slot 1 for the next cycle and push all choices down a place.

Wild Card Theme:
  • Celebrity Pr0n: Your story must feature one or more celebrities, current or past.
  • Fan-Fic: Your story must feature fictional characters from a known work or series. Books, television shows or movies allowed.
  • Match Your Title: Create your own 3 word theme as the title of your story and play it out.
  • RC Sequel: Create a new chapter to a story on RapeCage. It may be your own or someone else's story.
  • Cliff Hanger: Deliberately create only part of a story. Use a suspenseful 'cliff hanger' style ending that leaves the reader wanting more... You may NOT finish your story until after the end of voting for that cycle.
  • Random Word Generator: Apply to Red Right Hand by PM with your intent to enter. He will use a random word generator to create 3 strings (3 words each) and PM them back to you. You must use one of the strings (no mixing or matching) as your theme. Expect humorous consequences. (RRH will keep a list of assigned strings.)
Any new Wild Card Themes will be added as the next eligible position at the bottom of the list. If they are chosen, then they become ineligible for the following three contest cycles and drop to last place on the list. When they come back in play they will move to slot 1 and push all choices down a place...

• No Word Count Limit
  • 3,500 not eligible until March/April, 2017
The official tolerance is 5%. In other words, you will be asked to edit for compliance if you exceed the Word Count Limit by more than 5% rounded down. Until the Word Count is trimmed the story will not certify for entry.

In the event that No Word Count Limit is selected it will mean that authors may submit stories of any length so long as they meet the theme. Write fully to your own open ended length to present the tale as you would most like to do.

Just as with the theme volunteers, the random selection of a Word Count Limit (including No Word Count Limit) will invalidate that choice from eligibility for three successive rounds and drop it to last place on the list. When it comes back in play it will move to slot 1 and push all choices down a place...

Still accepting members to volunteer for the random drawing to determine the theme. Simply post your willingness below or send me a PM.

If you have a suggestion for a Wild Card Theme, please PM me or post it below for consideration of inclusion.

Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2016, 06:25:27 PM »
Contests To Date:

3) Five Entrants: EssenceofRed, kittyumbrass, Red Right Hand, LiskaHunter, Tragedy

2) Theme of Implements/Improvisation/Impersonal chosen by RC Member, Red Right Hand
3) Five Entrants: kittyumbrass, EssenceofRed, Red Right Hand, FrodoKreuger, pinkwarkitten14

3) Six Entrants: kittyumbrass, BlackKnight, FrodoKreuger, pinkwarkitten14, EssenceofRed, Red Right Hand

2) Theme of Foul Spirit/Family Gathering/Father Christmas chosen by RC Member, FrodoKreuger

3) Six Entrants: kittyumbrass, LiskaHunter, Red Right Hand, BlackKnight, EssenceofRed, Eri

3) Five Entrants: Leftwanting, BiancaBlack, BlackKnight, EssenceofRed, LiskaHunter

The May/June 2016 Story Contest:
3) Eleven Entrants: BlackKnight, Smirkin, EssenceofRed, Red Right Hand, Bludmagnus, Nyx, caveshots, BiancaBlack, RayPistonprowl, WildDesire, pinkwarkitten14
4) Winner: Nothing To See by Smirkin

The July/August Story Contest:
2) Theme of Royalty/Duplicity/Fertility chosen by RC member melodyforever
3) Eight Entrants: BlackKnight, Smirkin, BlankSlate, BiancaBlack, kittyumbrass, archon1980, EssenceofRed and Red Right Hand
4) Voting is currently open: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2322.0.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:16:19 PM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2016, 03:32:11 PM »
For September/October, 2016...

Theme and Word Count locked in extra early...

I'll probably roll this one out early. Summer is a busy time and a little extra notice won't hurt. Plan on seeing the next submission cycle open Monday August 15th.

:cheers:
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Archon1980

• Roleplayer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 139
  • Not happy or sad, just zen.
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2016, 01:37:34 AM »
Can you add me to the list please?
"When you can't run, you crawl, when you can't crawl, find someone to carry you." Firefly

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2016, 09:38:47 PM »
  • flash713
  • Wild Card Theme
  • lysyn
  • kittyumbrass
  • EssenceofRed
  • LiskaHunter
  • BlackKnight
  • Punpun
  • pinkwarkitten14
  • randomgirl
  • BlankSlate
  • WildDesire
  • archon1980

Wild Card Theme:

• No Word Count Limit

Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »
[member=1837]archon1980[/member]  is now eligible to pick the theme starting with November/December 2016

The Wild Card Theme was chosen for September/October 2016 and submissions opened two weeks early.

• Wild Card Theme
  • Avendia
  • flash713
  • lysyn
  • kittyumbrass
  • EssenceofRed
  • LiskaHunter
  • BlackKnight
  • Punpun
  • pinkwarkitten14
  • randomgirl
  • BlankSlate
  • WildDesire
  • archon1980

Wild Card Theme:
  • Free-For-All: There is no set theme, go with your best idea. not eligible until May/June 2017

• No Word Count Limit
  • 6,000 not eligible until May/June 2017

Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2016, 04:24:53 PM »
Contests To Date:

The July/August 2016 Story Contest:
3) Eight Entrants: BlackKnight, Smirkin, BlankSlate, BiancaBlack, kittyumbrass, archon1980, EssenceofRed and Red Right Hand
4) Voting is currently open: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2322.0.html

The September/October 2016 Story Contest: (Note that this contest opened for submissions 2 weeks early.)
1) Word Count Limit of 6,000 words or less
2) Wild Card Theme of Free-For-All: There is no set theme, go with your best idea.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Avendia

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 48
  • Eyes Only
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2016, 02:14:52 AM »
So this means I might actually have a story to post for the next contest!!!
DarkWolfs Bitch

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2016, 02:20:44 AM »
I'm using it as motivation to finish something I've had on the back burner for years...

May have to trim it a bit in the (already done) middle, but that is just my usual blah, blah, blah, yackety schmackety.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2016, 12:51:04 AM »
Contests To Date:

The July/August 2016 Story Contest:
4) Winner: The King's Heir by EssenceofRed

The September/October 2016 Story Contest: (Note that this contest opened for submissions 2 weeks early.)
1) Word Count Limit of 6,000 words or less
2) Wild Card Theme of Free-For-All: There is no set theme, go with your best idea.
3) Twelve Entrants: kittyumbrass, RayPistonprowl, archon 1980, rvplymates, black night, Rosiex, slimfatter, fallen saint, pantherx, EssenceofRed, WildDesire and BiancaBlack
4) Voting is currently open: http://www.rapecage.com/forum/index.php/topic,2570.0.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:17:39 AM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2016, 11:00:23 PM »