In Chat Now:

Author Topic: I Want To Pick The Theme!  (Read 23399 times)

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 303
  • Cloaking Device Activated
Re: I Want To Pick The Theme!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 09:18:36 PM »
It's OK. Picking from the list of volunteers I had an acceptance on the first try.

I'm impressed with your desperation to avoid having me choose the theme again...  :uhoh:

Late-Night/Lobotomy/Lobster
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline lysyn

• Queen Awesomesauce of Fucklandia
  • Ninja
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 11:18:19 PM »
I was particularly intrigued by the use of such a specific time. 7:09?
So far I can't remember ever being wrong in a judgement of character of someone. Then again I tend to hold onto it until I get to know them a bit. Sometimes intuitively I know someone's a retard though.
~Someone with a bright future and great hair.

Offline FrodoKreuger

• Morally Ambiguous Mastermind
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 191
  • Being the best me I can because she deserves it
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 12:39:23 AM »
Well, you already have my volunteer... so I'm also happy to send in 3 words any time you request. I may not log on every day (though mostly I do at least come on even if I do nothing) but as soon as you say "Your words or your life" I can give you three weird ones to struggle with. :)

Offline flash713

• Roleplayer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 58
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 03:19:52 PM »
Any time you want me to pick just send a message asking for 3 words, il reply asap then. Just a side note they can be anything no matter how random?

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: babyfuck
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 831
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 03:36:50 PM »
I was particularly intrigued by the use of such a specific time. 7:09?

Ok. So first of all, when RRH posted "First invite going out...", I thought he was opening it up again to the first person to volunteer below. And then two and a half hours later, when he posted, "More volunteers are welcome, of course...", I thought that was his dry sense of humor, saying 'Don't everyone volunteer at once.' (Lol) Well, I didn't want to jump in and assert myself when I just chose the words the time before, especially if people were working and couldn't see the original post. But I didn't want him to think nobody was interested! Thus, I offered if and only if nobody else came forward. I started to write 7:00pm, but then I thought, what if someone came across this post at 6:58pm on Saturday and then decided not to because they thought they couldn't meet the deadline?? That would be a shame. So I added not quite 10 minutes. :D

And now you know just how busy and loud the self talk in my head is, even on simple posts.  :uhoh:
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline lysyn

• Queen Awesomesauce of Fucklandia
  • Ninja
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »
That. Is. Insane. And I love you for it. Weirdo.
So far I can't remember ever being wrong in a judgement of character of someone. Then again I tend to hold onto it until I get to know them a bit. Sometimes intuitively I know someone's a retard though.
~Someone with a bright future and great hair.

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 06:18:05 PM »
Any time you want me to pick just send a message asking for 3 words, il reply asap then. Just a side note they can be anything no matter how random?

They could be random... Like my black font example above (Late-Night/Lobotomy/Lobster), but that isn't as helpful as something a bit more cohesive.

So far we've had:
Abduction/Underworld/Betrayal &
Implements/Improvisation/Impersonal

In the first I think there really are 3 focal points to choose from: not only three elements, but three things to focus on for an author. The Abduction action, the Underworld nature (either as a supernatural setting or a modifier of persona) and the betrayal as a plot advancement device. It could be argued that in one aspect or another, all three elements are a concrete and not just an abstraction. I (and it would seem all the other writers entering that round) found an immediate completeness to the conditions. A harmony.

In the second round it is much more of an abstraction. Improvisation is almost wholly in the realm of idea and Impersonal is by it's very nature disconnected. Only the readily and unarguably concrete Implements holds it together. I was fine throwing down a bit of a challenge and several authors expressed they had to give this one some serious thought... I'm also really pleased with the level of creativity it engendered.

Overall, less abstraction is probably better. There needs to be at least one concrete element for writers to begin pinning things to. Also, having some harmony between elements helps. Absolutely the first round had three elements that flowed nicely into each other. Abduction! By whom? Someone in the Underworld. Why? Betrayal is at the root of it. But even in the second round I hope I reached a harmonious binding of the three elements. Implements, or tools must be used. How? Improvisation, use them randomly for effect, but be cold and Impersonal about it...

In a very real way the three elements ARE the story in miniature and the various authors simply round out the details with an additional 3,000 words or so...

:)
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Tragedy

• No one's Angel
  • Writer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 158
  • Wayward soul
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
[member=10]EssenceofRed[/member]  and [member=708]Red Right Hand[/member] I'm always interested. I'd love to see what people can do with what my relatively twisted mind comes up with.
If there is beauty in the breaking then make me gorgeous.
I can make hell feel like home.

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »
...I'm always interested. I'd love to see what people can do with what my relatively twisted mind comes up with.

You're already on the list Darlin'.  :*

Here is what we have if it is first volunteered, first used...

• kittyumbrass
  • LiskaHunter
  • Tragedy
  • lysyn
  • FrodoKreuger
  • flash713
  • EssenceofRed
  • Red Right Hand

I moved Essenceof Red to the bottom as she's already gone and I'm after that. But any new volunteers come after EoR and shove me further down. I'm just a failsafe.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Ingenue

• Goddess Mistwess Puplord of Hope
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 1406
  • Getting raeped by Real Life in non-fun ways
    • Ingy's currently idle Tumblr feat. petgirls, jesters, ponies
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 07:51:23 AM »
as soon as you say "Your words or your life"

Now, we know that snuffmuffs like you would take that as a challenge. RRH should say "give me your words and I promise when your time finally comes, you will go smothered by big meaty pussy lips".

I've avoided volunteering so far partly because I'm a mod and don't want to look like I'm flinging my power around, and largely because it's a lot of self-imposed pressure and I'd wind up crying because what if nobody can write anything to my words and they'll all hate me and I'll ruin the fun forever and
My sim is pregnant!!! With panthers baby!!! And he has ingy sneaking over in the afternoon! ~Smirkin
which I believe is about how because he won't take the lead in their relationship, she wants to bugger him with her strap-on ~kittyumbrass
I don’t think I’m entirely surprised how your mind works. ~Shocker to kittyumbrass

Offline EssenceofRed

• AKA: babyfuck
  • Winning Author
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 831
  • Adorawhore
    • Essence of Red Tumblr Page
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 01:09:05 PM »
^ LOLOLOLOL!!!  :rofl: [member=6]Ingenue[/member] While I'd like to acknowledge that your feelings are real and I don't want to jump on them and say you're being silly, I would like to say that after this round of words *coughs and looks at RRH with a side stink eye glare* I feel more confident than ever that the challenge of an Ingy topic would be rather fun and exciting! Whether it's boring, totally out there, or apparent that your mod power has completely gone to your head. Because your point of view is yet another new and different view. ;)

Ok, fine, I also acknowledge that RRH's topic has completely pushed me as a writer, and for that, I am more than thankful.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:11:27 PM by EssenceofRed »
The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Offline Rosary

• The Valentine with Hollow Eyes
  • Writer
  • Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 526
  • Phantom in Your Mind
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »
I can do volunteerz? :D
~Per Aspira Ad Inferi~

I thought I was an angel, but I was wrong.
I'm with the Others, and I've been here all along.
Will you punish me because I'm made in your blood?
Do I fly in the storm, or wallow in the mud?
So don't blame the devil for the shit that you've done,
You made this mess, and you're just having fun.

Offline Cannonball

• Inner Wanktum
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
I would love to tender my own name into this list as well RRH.

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 02:13:54 PM »
Thanks, Rosie and CB...

That brings the list to

• kittyumbrass Had a turn third round
  • LiskaHunter
  • Tragedy
  • lysyn
  • FrodoKreuger
  • flash713
  • EssenceofRed Had a turn first round
  • Rosary
  • Cannonball

I'll take myself off the list, but I remain the fail-safe in case someone flakes out.

Instead of making some people wait a year or so... Next round I'll use a random number generator. :D  Also, we can fix the positions (adding numbers as needed) and I'll return a name to eligibility after two rounds sitting out. So EssenceofRed will be back in the lottery for picking the theme beginning round four, kittyumbrass will be eligible again round six.
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offline Red Right Hand

• Fetishist
  • Global Moderator
  • Inner Wanktum
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »
In addition to the random number generator for who picks the theme, I'll also randomize the Word Count Limit from this list:

That ought to shake things up a bit.

:D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:28:35 AM by Red Right Hand »
Designed and directed by
his red right hand

My Bibliography

Offsite Contact

Email Us Off-Site

Admins

Addie RayPistonprowl

Global Moderators

Ingenue Red Right Hand Smirkin